Windows 10: Reset this PC Vs Partitioned HD

Discus and support Reset this PC Vs Partitioned HD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just upgraded from Win7 x64 to Win10 Pro, I have dual boot with Ubuntu and wanted to make a clean instalation of the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by underskyzx, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Reset this PC Vs Partitioned HD

Hello everyone,

I just upgraded from Win7 x64 to Win10 Pro, I have dual boot with Ubuntu and wanted to make a clean instalation of the Windows 10 while leaving Ubuntu as it is.

I moved all my files to the Ubuntu partition but I'm afraid the "Reset this PC" will do the work only on its partition or will wipe/repartition other partitions in the HD?

Thanks in advance

:)

underskyzx, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Us-Home Win User

Folder/files missing after upgrade to Windows 10

Thanks for the quick reply. This is a standalone PC with one internal HD (C:\) and one external HD for backup. I did check the Recovery (D:\) partition and there are no folders/files in that partition.

Us-Home, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Restoring Win 10 from CD Boot drive

Have HP Pavilion dvd-6c10us laptop. Took boot CD back up when HD warning errors. After few months the HD went bad and could not start PC. Got new WD 1T replacement HD and installed that. Partitioned drive with C: and D:. All that seems OK. I can boot the
    laptop with boot CD (takes me to x:\windows\system32>) so it seems to come up OK. Selected options are (1) Trouble Shoot, (2) Reset this PC - Remove files = Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing, (3) Reset this PC - Leave files = The
    drive where windows is installed is locked. Also tried other option (4) System Image Recovery but that can't find image back up on CD. I can get to CMD prompt and access X: C: and D:

Any ideas on what my issue is?

Is there some issue with recovery from the boot CD?

Can't find any existing FAQ's with my particular issue.

Thanks

JamesKraus_213, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Reset this PC Vs Partitioned HD

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    you can select only the windows partition

Kyhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reset this PC Vs Partitioned HD

1. Reset this PC Vs Partitioned HD - Similar Threads - Reset Partitioned

2. how to reset partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset partition: KB5034441 Won't update. I found the page that broke down step by step on how to create a new partition and even looked up a video. However I am unable to create a new partition and now stuck with some changes. Please help....
  3. how to reset partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reset partition: KB5034441 Won't update. I found the page that broke down step by step on how to create a new partition and even looked up a video. However I am unable to create a new partition and now stuck with some changes. Please help....
  4. how to reset partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After pc reset, my old disk partition name changed, and there are some disk 0 in disk...

After pc reset, my old disk partition name changed, and there are some disk 0 in disk...: After pc reset, my old disk partition name changed, and in partition tab, there are more then my old partitions. It shows disk 0,and many partion named restore, and help etc. What do i do, can i delete other partition to make new ones...
  6. After pc reset, my old disk partition name changed, and there are some disk 0 in disk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After pc reset, my old disk partition name changed, and there are some disk 0 in disk...: After pc reset, my old disk partition name changed, and in partition tab, there are more then my old partitions. It shows disk 0,and many partion named restore, and help etc. What do i do, can i delete other partition to make new ones...
  7. I repartitioned my disks with AOMEI and i want to reset the partitions into its original...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I repartitioned my disks with AOMEI and i want to reset the partitions into its original...: I wanted to extend the C disk volume.I take space from the D and made new partition with it, then i moved that partition beside the C and added it to the C.So i want to restor it to the original c volume becouse the battery performance become much lower and PC became slower...
  8. I repartitioned my disks with AOMEI and i want to reset the partitions into its original...

I repartitioned my disks with AOMEI and i want to reset the partitions into its original...: I wanted to extend the C disk volume.I take space from the D and made new partition with it, then i moved that partition beside the C and added it to the C.So i want to restor it to the original c volume becouse the battery performance become much lower and PC became slower...
  9. New partition showing after USB Flash reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New partition showing after USB Flash reset.: Hey everyone, I did a reset of my laptop because it might've been infected by something.When I loaded the USB Flash and asked me to what drive I wanted to install Windows 11 I saw 5 partitions. I formatted the main drive and I saw a recovery drive, since I didn't need the...
  10. New partition showing after USB Flash reset.

New partition showing after USB Flash reset.: Hey everyone, I did a reset of my laptop because it might've been infected by something.When I loaded the USB Flash and asked me to what drive I wanted to install Windows 11 I saw 5 partitions. I formatted the main drive and I saw a recovery drive, since I didn't need the...