Windows 10: reset this PC

Discus and support reset this PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the message that I am unable to use Reset because UAC is set to always notify me of system changes. Can someone explain this to me as I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kevvyb, Aug 29, 2016.

1. kevvyb Win User

reset this PC

I have the message that I am unable to use Reset because UAC is set to always notify me of system changes. Can someone explain this to me as I have not yet found an explanation by searching on google.

Thanks

:)

kevvyb, Aug 29, 2016

2. RESET THIS PC!, "RESET THIS PC" OR "ADVANCED OPTION" DOESN'T EXIST

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply:

1. Do you receive any error message? If yes please reply with the error message and error code.

2. Did you use the Get Windows 10 app or the media creation tool to upgrade to Windows 10?

I would suggest you do a startup repair by using Windows 10 DVD. If you do not have Windows 10 DVD I would suggest you create one. Follow the steps from the links below:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Windows 10 herunterladen

Follow the steps below to run a startup repair using Windows 10 DVD

Boot from the Windows 10 DVD.

a) At the Install Now screen, click Repair your computer >Advanced Options >
    Troubleshoot > Startup repair

b) Follow the on screen instructions

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 29, 2016
  3. RESET THIS PC!, "RESET THIS PC" OR "ADVANCED OPTION" DOESN'T EXIST

I want to downgrade my W10 since it makes my asus laptop malfunction however whenever I click the "Troubleshoot" menu in the advanced startup option the "reset this pc or "advanced option" doesn't exist. the question how can I downgrade my PC is this options
    are not shown. Please Help me.

#ohohW10

qwertysilver, Aug 29, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

reset this PC

Hello kevvyb, *Smile

Does it allow you to reset the PC if you set UAC to the default setting?

reset this PC [​IMG]

Brink, Aug 29, 2016
  5. kevvyb Win User
    Probably but my question is why? And why do I have to redcuse the protection offered by UAC (assuming that it is as useful as it once purported) to be able to use this feature?

EDIT: Yes it does....

kevvyb, Aug 29, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm not sure why that UAC setting would be blocking it somehow either.

Brink, Aug 29, 2016
  7. kimkl Win User
    Could be a Permission Problem if you have change permissions on your HD or a leftover bug from the update 2 months ago
    Well UAC is blocking it because my guess did you log in with admin rights "the normal account" or have you change account to a user because then you can't do anything have a look at your account and see what it is admin or user

kimkl, Aug 29, 2016
  8. kevvyb Win User

reset this PC

Admin account

Sorry, which update..?

kevvyb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

reset this PC

1. reset this PC - Similar Threads - reset

2. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  3. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  4. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  5. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  6. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Default audio device resetting to default when system boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default audio device resetting to default when system boots: Headset - Steel series arctis 1 wirelessThe headset has a number of options for audio output chat, gaming, speakersTo allow me to hear people in discord and use them as general sound output it has to be set to speakers headset speakers when booting the system the audio output...
  8. Default audio device resetting to default when system boots

Default audio device resetting to default when system boots: Headset - Steel series arctis 1 wirelessThe headset has a number of options for audio output chat, gaming, speakersTo allow me to hear people in discord and use them as general sound output it has to be set to speakers headset speakers when booting the system the audio output...
  9. My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this...: My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-button-has-moved-to-button-and-vice-versa-i-jus/c9e718a8-2d47-4328-b106-f6f291953852
  10. My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this...: My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-button-has-moved-to-button-and-vice-versa-i-jus/c9e718a8-2d47-4328-b106-f6f291953852