Windows 10: Reset win10 login pin

Discus and support Reset win10 login pin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to reset the windows 10 login pin if you've forgotten what it was? I managed to get it changed (after *much* trial and error), but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shawnkhall, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Reset win10 login pin

Is it possible to reset the windows 10 login pin if you've forgotten what it was?

I managed to get it changed (after *much* trial and error), but it appears to require the old pin to change the pin -- even if you know the password. That's just weird. You should be able to reset the pin at any time if you have the full password.

:)

shawnkhall, Mar 31, 2015

2. Win10 login pin won't work after internet service interruption.

Win10 login pin won't work after internet service interruption.

Tom Holderfield, Mar 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Pin Number to Login Switched to Password Login on it's own. How do I switch back to Pin

I ended up removing the pin code sign-in option and reinstalling it. I'm just wondering why it randomly changed from the Pin login to the PW login without me ever prompting it to. Is it a Win10 glitch?

DAVIDHudgensOG, Mar 31, 2015
Thema:

Reset win10 login pin

1. Reset win10 login pin - Similar Threads - Reset win10 login

2. Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?: I went into my settings and disabled all the startup apps because they were getting annoying. Then I restarted my computer to make sure the changes went through.When I tried to login afterwards, it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your...
  3. Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?: I went into my settings and disabled all the startup apps because they were getting annoying. Then I restarted my computer to make sure the changes went through.When I tried to login afterwards, it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your...
  4. WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3: Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 PRO build, where I am unable to login with since July.Might have been after an update, that it switched to PIN only it is not my laptop, helping out a friend.- Login screen requires only PIN, there is NO option for reset pin or switch to...
  5. WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3: Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 PRO build, where I am unable to login with since July.Might have been after an update, that it switched to PIN only it is not my laptop, helping out a friend.- Login screen requires only PIN, there is NO option for reset pin or switch to...
  6. WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Cannot Delete or Change PIN Login Win10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Delete or Change PIN Login Win10: I am trying to delete the PIN login for my admin account on a WIN10 laptop, but cannot find where to disable PIN login or even change it. I go to settings - accounts - sign-in options - and the only PIN option listed is "Windows Hello PIN;" however, it states, "this option is...
  8. Unable to reset login PIN.

Unable to reset login PIN.: I don’t know why I was locked from using the fingerprint but I’m not able to insert a pin because I tried every one I ever used and none work. I dont have the password option and when I try to reset the PIN, it says I need to download an app but I cant without forst logging...
  9. Win10 Pin Login Option not visible

Win10 Pin Login Option not visible: I earlier used to use an Acer laptop in which I had upgraded to Win10 from Win7. In that model, I had the option to use a pin to login. I recently bought a new HP laptop with preinstalled Win10. In this device, the option to set up a pin for login is not visible at all. I...
  10. Unable to reset PIN code for login,

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to reset PIN code for login,: Yesterday, I got a problem with a key being phantom pressed, which is fixed. This leads into my problem. The phantom presses made my PIN code invalid because it incorrectly entered it too many times, and now I can't login with a PIN. Is there any way to re-enable the PIN...