Windows 10: Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10

Discus and support Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 The Backup and Restore (Windows 7)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10

How to: Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10

How to Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10

The Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature (aka: Windows Backup) was originally included in Windows 7. It was deprecated in Windows 8 and removed in in Windows 8.1, but has been included in Windows 10.

While you can use Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to restore any Windows 7 backups on your Windows 10 PC, you can also use it to back up and restore files on your Windows 10 PC.

Windows Backup will backup all files in the libraries, folders, and drives you choose or let Windows choose. You will have a choice to include a system image in the backup. You can also choose to have these items be backed up on a regular schedule.

If after you set up Windows Backup, you could reset Windows Backup completely back to default if wanted.

This tutorial will show you to completely reset Windows Backup back to default in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to reset Windows Backup.

Resetting Windows Backup to default will only reset the settings back to default, and will not delete any previously backed up files. If you wanted to delete any created backups, you will need to manually delete them.

Backups are created in sets also known as backup periods.

When a backup is created the first time after you set up Windows Backup, Windows will create a full backup of all files in the folders you selected into the drive:\computer name\Backup Set YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS\Backup Files YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS folder location. The Backup Files YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS folder contains Backup files #.zip folders that are your actual backed up files for that date and time period.

When you create a differential backup, it will create a new full backup saved into a new Backup Set YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS folder.

When you create an incremental backup, it will create a backup all of the files that have changed since the last backup, and saved in a new Backup Files YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS folder in the current Backup Set YYYY-MM-DD HHMMSS folder.

Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 [​IMG]

EXAMPLE: Default Windows Backup

Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1 Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.
    Reset_Windows_Backup.bat

Download
    2 Save the .bat file to your desktop.

3 Unblock the .bat file.

4 Right click or press and hold on the .bat file, and click/tap on Run as administrator.

5 Click/tap on Yes in the UAC prompt to approve run as administrator.

6 You will notice an elevated command prompt quickly open and close as it runs the commands in the .bat file to reset Windows Backup to default.

7 You can now delete the .bat file if you like.

These are the commands in the .bat file for reference.

Code:
    That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 10, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 26, 2019
  4. newfellow Win User

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset Backup Default

2. CANNOT RESET WINDOWS 10 TO DEFAULT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT RESET WINDOWS 10 TO DEFAULT: Hi therePlease could someone assist. My pc is running Windows 10 Home. I am battling to reset Windows 10 to default. I bought the pc new and have always been the only user. I have always had reputable paid version anti-malware installed on my pc. I have never used my pc in...
  3. CANNOT RESET WINDOWS 10 TO DEFAULT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT RESET WINDOWS 10 TO DEFAULT: Hi therePlease could someone assist. My pc is running Windows 10 Home. I am battling to reset Windows 10 to default. I bought the pc new and have always been the only user. I have always had reputable paid version anti-malware installed on my pc. I have never used my pc in...
  4. CANNOT RESET WINDOWS 10 TO DEFAULT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings: Hi everyone,I accidentally turn Windows Backup on in control panel and then turn it off by deleting its key in Registry Editor. It looks like before now.But Security and Maintenance still showing this message. So Windows Backup is kind of turned on somewhere.So how do I turn...
  6. Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Windows backup [Backup and Restore Windows 7] to its default settings: Hi everyone,I accidentally turn Windows Backup on in control panel and then turn it off by deleting its key in Registry Editor. It looks like before now.But Security and Maintenance still showing this message. So Windows Backup is kind of turned on somewhere.So how do I turn...
  7. Custom Sounds in Windows 10 reset to Windows Default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Sounds in Windows 10 reset to Windows Default: If I create a custom sound scheme, and save it, for some reason, the system reverts to the Windows Default sound settings. It does this on more than one of my systems....
  8. Windows Reset with OneDrive as a Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Reset with OneDrive as a Backup: I'm planning on using the Windows Reset feature in Windows 10 to wipe my computer clean, then reinstall important files from my OneDrive, however I've noticed that whenever I delete something on my computer it is automatically deleted in my OneDrive account online. So, when...
  9. Windows Reset and Backup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Reset and Backup.: I think i have a virus attack on my PC. I dont want to rely on antivirus programs to remove the virus. I want to reset my PC. I have the following questions, please answer them. 1. How can i reset my PC so that all the files on C drive where windows is installed gets...
  10. How to reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you’re having problems with Windows Backup, or you don’t want to use it anymore, you won’t find an option to reset its settings. However, […] This article How to reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make w10 backup do incremental default