Windows 10: Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows

Discus and support Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Windows Photo Viewer in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by aidenke, May 20, 2016.

1. aidenke Win User

Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows

How to: Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows

How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows [​IMG]
    Information You can use Windows Photo Viewer to view your digital photos in a variety of ways. You can also print, order prints, attach pictures to an e‑mail message, burn, or open photos in another program on your computer.

When you open Windows Photo Viewer for the first time, it'll open centered on your main display. Afterwards, Windows Photo Viewer will open to the same position and size you last closed it as.

This tutorial will show you how to reset the open position and size of Windows Photo Viewer to default on the main display for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Windows Photo Viewer default position and size

Here's How:

1. Close Windows Photo Viewer if open.

2. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.

Note This .bat file deletes the BINARY value in the registry key below that resets the open position and size of Windows Photo Viewer back to default.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer\Viewer

BINARY value:
    • MainWndPos

Tip If you like, you could place this .bat file in your Startup folder to always have the position and size of Windows Photo Viewer reset to default everytime you sign in to your account.

Reset_Windows_Photo_Viewer_Open_Position_and_Size.bat

Download

3. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

4. Unblock the .bat file.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .bat file to run it.

6. When you open Windows Photo Viewer next, it'll open with its default size and position on your main display.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

aidenke, May 20, 2016

2. Windows Photo Viewer default opening size

Hi!

I've had some minor trouble lately with my Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10, specifically its default position and size whenever I open it. I personally prefer to have the window positioned at the very right of the screen with minimal width and snapped vertically.
    However, recently, I find I'm unable to keep that as a default open position, and it goes back to being full screen next time. It doesn't happen with other sizes (center and not full screen, not at the edge of screen nor snapped, etc.) Can anyone tell me why
    it doesn't wanna stay locked to that side of the screen and snapped?

MiguelCarreon013, May 20, 2016
  3. Paint 3d takeover of photos

My default photo application gets changed to Paint 3D a couple of times a month. I reset .JPGs to open in Windows Photo Viewer as the default, but with every few weeks the default is reset to Paint 3D again.

Anybody know how to set the default photo application PERMANENTLY?

Charlie Spencer, May 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello aidenke, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If when you say "locking", do you mean that you snapped it to fill top to bottom, or manually dragged it to fill top to bottom?

If manual, then it should have remembered it for how it was when last closed.

Brink, May 20, 2016
  5. aidenke Win User
    Thank you very much for the quick reply, Brink, and for the welcome! *Smile

To answer your question, the "locking" that I referred to was indeed the "snap" that filled it from top to bottom. I was trying to manually drag it to that height and have it remember the shape, but it snapped on its own. Once I realized what was happening, I was able to leave it at the manual re-size and it remembered the shape, which solved my problem!

Thanks for checking in - this is a great forum for questions about the OS!

aidenke, May 24, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, May 24, 2016
  7. oneLess Win User
    "MainWndPos" = "0x 46000000 32000000 bd030000 a1020000 01000000"

1 in 34 poz is maximized view, 0 = normal view
    rest (I think) are related to dims in grup of 8 bits
    (left position in pixels , top , width , height)

you can save the value and restore it
    saved value works on another computer also .

c

oneLess, May 25, 2016
  8. Richchad Win User

Hi, I am new to Windows 10 and have just found the Photos viewer, I want this to open each time in "Actual Size" as it allows me to move and view jpg documents as well as photos similar to the old Windows photo viewer.
    However it always defaults back to the central view each time it is opened.

Richchad, Oct 4, 2016
  9. oneLess Win User
    this is not happened here
    I mean photo viewer keep the settings on next open.
    maybe because I have an admin account on local computer

IF you are normal local user without admin rights
    try to run/open only ONCE photo viewer with admin [right click / run as admin]
    change dims/position , then close it and open it again as normal user , not admin.
    it should keep the settings .

c

oneLess, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows - Similar Threads - Reset Photo Viewer

2. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  3. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  4. Is there a way to get the windows photo viewer to open images full screen size by default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get the windows photo viewer to open images full screen size by default...: It used to do this and the other day it started opening them actual size instead. If there's no fix for this then I'm going to stop using the program. Its been buggy lately anyway....
  5. Is there a way to get the windows photo viewer to open images full screen size by default...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to get the windows photo viewer to open images full screen size by default...: It used to do this and the other day it started opening them actual size instead. If there's no fix for this then I'm going to stop using the program. Its been buggy lately anyway....
  6. An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos: Hello Sir, My name is Ronak Savla, I have windows 10 pro, I get an problem as I start my computer for some work, I see the default app is changed from windows photo viewer which I installed as an registry file and it changes to default photo app. Can you give me any...
  7. Reset window size to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset window size to default: Hi, I have been using an AutoTiling program to organize the windows. It has put the windows of very strange sizes, and I wish I could reset this to default like when you use W10 for the first time. Is there an area where this configuration of window position and size is...
  8. Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10: How to: Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 How to Reset Touch Keyboard Default Open Position in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC....
  9. Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10: How to: Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents....
  10. Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10: How to: Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position of Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 If you use a Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop or tablet) that runs on a battery, you can access the most commonly used settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows preview viewer reset to default size

2. windows phone photo viewer