Windows 10: Reseting an account password from another account (same machine)

Discus and support Reseting an account password from another account (same machine) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello- I have installed Windows 10 recently (previously Win7). I used to have two local accounts, both administrators. I have forgotten the password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kmansoor, Aug 8, 2015.

1. kmansoor Win User

Reseting an account password from another account (same machine)

Hello- I have installed Windows 10 recently (previously Win7). I used to have two local accounts, both administrators. I have forgotten the password for one of the accounts.

Is it possible to reset the other account's password from the other account?

:)

kmansoor, Aug 8, 2015
  2. C#S
    C#S Win User

HP Laptop

What password? You Windows account? Your Windows Live account?

If your Windows account then login with another account and reset the password. If you don't have another account on your machine you may be out of luck.

If a Windows Live account you can use another device and using a browser go through the steps to reset the password on a Live account.

3. "We can't sign into your account"

Is he using a local or Microsoft account? If Microsoft account can you log in via the web portal on another machine? Try to reset the password there?

MarkInKent, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Yes you can do that from control panel user accounts.

Bazz, Aug 8, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    You can change the other account's password from your account.

Control Panel->User Accounts->Manage Another Account->Choose Account->Change the Password

Thema:

1. Reseting an account password from another account (same machine) - Similar Threads - Reseting account password

2. two machines same account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two machines same account.: two machines same account.one machine win11 MS365.other machine win8.1it seems that my 8.1 machine got clobbered when installing and modifying the win11 machine. i am not interested in keeping these machines synced.my 8.1 machine lost the login i was using although I can...
  3. two machines same account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two machines same account.: two machines same account.one machine win11 MS365.other machine win8.1it seems that my 8.1 machine got clobbered when installing and modifying the win11 machine. i am not interested in keeping these machines synced.my 8.1 machine lost the login i was using although I can...
  4. ASP.net machine account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASP.net machine account password: Since I updated my windows 11, an ASP.net machine account appeared and it has an administrator privileges and my native account is now a normal user that has no privileges, any minor change i want to make on my host it asks for the password of the ASP.net which I tried many...
  5. ASP.net machine account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASP.net machine account password: Since I updated my windows 11, an ASP.net machine account appeared and it has an administrator privileges and my native account is now a normal user that has no privileges, any minor change i want to make on my host it asks for the password of the ASP.net which I tried many...
  6. Same account login as another windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same account login as another windows 10 machine: How do I use two machines with the same windows 10 accounts name and password and have Office 365 shared to one of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-account-login-as-another-windows-10-machine/8228712d-62f4-49ad-84bc-f15397ae12be
  7. account password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    account password reset: How do you reset an Admin password on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-password-reset/b66ff1db-a06c-4c25-bb88-d9573675b206
  8. reset account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset account password: I forgot my Microsoft account password. I went through the reset process from account to entering codes to change password and got the screen message your password has been changed, sign in. I have entered five different passwords but each time I try to sign in up comes...
  9. ASP.NET Machine Account and Password

ASP.NET Machine Account and Password: Hello, May you pleae advise me? how to stop running of ASP.net account? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/aspnet-machine-account-and-password/0061cb5b-fa4c-4ce4-80c5-1238e68ee67e"
  10. ASP.NET Machine Account and Password

ASP.NET Machine Account and Password: Hello, May you please help me? I don't know how to find PASSWORD for "ASP.NET Machine Account" What is "ASP.Net Machine Account"? How can i stop it? Bee...