Windows 10: Resetting and Activation with Windows 10

Discus and support Resetting and Activation with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a PC running Windows 10 Insider Preview (the current or last build) I would like to give it to my sister and reset to the regular Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cosrocket, Jun 13, 2016.

1. cosrocket Win User

Resetting and Activation with Windows 10

I have a PC running Windows 10 Insider Preview (the current or last build) I would like to give it to my sister and reset to the regular Windows 10, non preview version so I have a couple of questions:

When resetting will it reset to the same Insider Preview build it is currently on or will it reset to regular Windows 10? And is there any chance Windows will be deactivated after resetting it?

If I wanted to download the current ISO and reformat the PC with it will it deactivate or will it remain activated?

Thanks for your help.

:)

cosrocket, Jun 13, 2016

2. Unable to activate (Error code: 0xC004C003) after reset PC

I updated from Windows 8.1 to windows 10 and activated it last month.

Now I tried to reset PC (cleaning all drives) and windows 10 complains about activation with Error code: 0xC004C003.

My windows 10 was activated and after resetting, it no longer is activated. Any ideas as how can I proceed?

SiddharthBhal, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Activation of windows 10 after Resetting PC

You're welcome, I appreciate your working through my suggestions. Your PC may not have a digital license, which could cause the activation error you are getting now. Even if the PC does have a digital license, the Windows 10 installer will still accept
    your Windows 8.1 product key when you boot from the USB flash drive. After the PC connects to the internet for the first time, Windows should activate automatically.

Riley Lynn Nairn, Jun 13, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

To the second question. If your W10 was activated on that computer (actually it's MB), you can reinstall or repair W10 as many times as you want and it will be automatically activated on MS server. No need to enter license or anything, in case it asks you while doing clean install, just skip entering it.

CountMike, Jun 13, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Answer to your first question :
    Reset option will reset the SAME preview build to the original state the preview build was installed.

*** adding :
    Your plan, " giving it to my sister ", calls for installing regular Windows 10. Reset won't do.

davidhk, Jun 13, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    Of course, it might be easier to just reset pc and leave on Insider version as redstone is due out shortly by end of July, and it will be necessary to upgrade/reinstall again.

Also, OP does not make it clear if he reverts to official release, if he upgraded from a valid 7/8 licence (or holds a valid 10 licence) - if so, leaving the Insider program may cause it to become deactivated.

cereberus, Jun 13, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Why won't you answer DIRECTLY to the OP ?

It's the OP who wants to know.

I've made my answer to the OP based on what he asked.
    If you have different opinion, present yours Directly to the OP.

davidhk, Jun 13, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

My post was just addressed openly.

I was just having a conversation that I thought you might be interested as well.

Biting my head off is out of order - I will not bother you again.

cereberus, Jun 14, 2016
  9. Superfly Win User
    @cereberus, I agree...sometimes I just don't understand some people...makes me think Confucius...

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Resetting and Activation with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Resetting Activation

2. Windows 11 Activation after a reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation after a reset: Hi, I've done a windows 11 reset on my laptop but after the reset it restarted and shows "Activate Windows" at bottom right of the screen and on the task bar there's nothing showing including the start button, please help....
  3. Windows 11 Activation after a reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation after a reset: Hi, I've done a windows 11 reset on my laptop but after the reset it restarted and shows "Activate Windows" at bottom right of the screen and on the task bar there's nothing showing including the start button, please help....
  4. windows 11 not activated after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 not activated after reset: Windows 11 not activated after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-activated-after-reset/fab8409e-d435-4544-b399-0969699f333c
  5. windows 11 not activated after reset

windows 11 not activated after reset: Windows 11 not activated after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-not-activated-after-reset/fab8409e-d435-4544-b399-0969699f333c
  6. What bios commands to I need to activate mouse and keyboard drivers after Windows 10 Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What bios commands to I need to activate mouse and keyboard drivers after Windows 10 Reset?: After Windows 10 Reset 2 times overnight, I cannot select options on first page of the options menu country, language, etc. because the mouse and keyboard do not work. tested them on another computer and they work fine. After triggering the automatic repair options, and after...
  7. What bios commands to I need to activate mouse and keyboard drivers after Windows 10 Reset?

What bios commands to I need to activate mouse and keyboard drivers after Windows 10 Reset?: After Windows 10 Reset 2 times overnight, I cannot select options on first page of the options menu country, language, etc. because the mouse and keyboard do not work. tested them on another computer and they work fine. After triggering the automatic repair options, and after...
  8. What bios commands to I need to activate mouse and keyboard drivers after Windows 10 Reset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this...: I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this account and user files after that showing the user on when i restart my pc...
  10. I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this...

I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this...: I have reset my window 11 pc after that defaultuser0 account is active, I have deleted this account and user files after that showing the user on when i restart my pc...