Windows 10: Resetting google search page to default

Discus and support Resetting google search page to default in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I reset google search to default? URL currently displays Ukraine domain. I.e. “google.com.ua” (I am in the US) Steve 107373 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steviebabs2685, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Resetting google search page to default

How do I reset google search to default? URL currently displays Ukraine domain. I.e. “google.com.ua” (I am in the US)

Steve

:)

Steviebabs2685, Apr 3, 2018

2. How do I prevent programs from changing my default search provider using Edge?

I have set Google as my default search engine on Windows 10 Edge. It defaults to Yahoo every time I try to use it. I have tried resetting the default search engine to Google but this still happens.

My Edge home page also defaults to Yahoo.

I have Avast on the laptop but it's not stopping this happening. I have searched the apps for anything dodgy looking but cant see anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

gullwinghead, Apr 3, 2018
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 3, 2018
  4. torre Win User

Resetting google search page to default

For what browser ? Also, are you referring to the home page or the google search for chosen browser ?

In Edge, Settings/Advanced Settings/Scroll down to the change search engine default

torre, Apr 3, 2018
  5. Chrome, and it's the search page for Chrome. Sorry. I forgot to specify that in the original post.

Steviebabs2685, Apr 4, 2018
  6. torre Win User
    If I understand correctly, go to Chrome Settings, scroll down to the below section, check "Open A Specific Set of Pages" and type in the desired url "google.com" You will probably find google.com ua which can be deleted.

You may also reset Chrome. Settings/Advanced Settings/scroll down to the bottom Reset

Resetting google search page to default [​IMG]

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Resetting google search page to default

1. Resetting google search page to default - Similar Threads - Resetting google search

2. Google Default Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Default Search: Soooo I screwed up and decided to try microsoft rewards. Not sure why, probably boredom. Now bing is my default search EVEN IN CHROME. How do I make it Google again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-default-search/f9b24ff7-941d-4113-abde-9c5e18c67f0f
  3. Google Default Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Default Search: Soooo I screwed up and decided to try microsoft rewards. Not sure why, probably boredom. Now bing is my default search EVEN IN CHROME. How do I make it Google again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-default-search/f9b24ff7-941d-4113-abde-9c5e18c67f0f
  4. Google Default Search

in Cortana
  5. search defaulting to Google maps

in Cortana
    search defaulting to Google maps: If I type anything on the search bar, it seems to add - 'Google maps search' to the end of everything. For instance if I type:- abc the underlying suggestion shows abc - Google Maps Search and dumps me into Google Maps. If anyone has any suggestion on how to get...
  6. google voice search stopped working on search page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google voice search stopped working on search page: google voice search stopped working on google search page on brand new surface 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-voice-search-stopped-working-on-search-page/6afea77f-a877-402d-a308-013658b8ff73
  7. Keeps defaulting to google home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeps defaulting to google home page: I have windows 10 pro set internet explorer 11 home page as a msn one but it keeps going to what looks like a google page?? of some type, I don't know why as chrome is on my computer but not scheduled to start up at computer login. Why is this happening and how can I correct...
  8. How to get ride of these on the Google search page

in Browsers and Email
    How to get ride of these on the Google search page: When I open Google from a shortcut I pinned on my taskbar I get a bunch of little squares with recent websites I have visited. I don't want them there, I will post an example below, however, the websites have been cleared but you'll see the gray sections where they show up....
  9. Make Google Default Search in IE??

in Browsers and Email
    Make Google Default Search in IE??: I've been trying to figure out how to add google search to IE and make it my default search engine. When I go to the add on gallery here: http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/addon...&featuretype=2 and click google, then add to IE, nothing happens. I just found this...
  10. Reset Google Chrome to Default in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Google Chrome to Default in Windows: How to: Reset Google Chrome to Default in Windows How to Reset Google Chrome to Default in Windows There may be times when you may need to just reset Chrome settings to default, or completely reset Chrome to default like when first installed. This tutorial will show...