Windows 10: resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account

Discus and support resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; resetting Microsoft account password does not allow access to Microsoft account. Does anyone have a solution.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThePDaddy, Aug 18, 2018.

1. ThePDaddy Win User

resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account

resetting Microsoft account password does not allow access to Microsoft account. Does anyone have a solution.

:)

ThePDaddy, Aug 18, 2018
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 18, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 18, 2018
  4. resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account

Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account

1. resetting microsoft account password does not allow access to microsoft account - Similar Threads - resetting microsoft account

2. Resetting a Microsoft account password for a brand new account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting a Microsoft account password for a brand new account: I have given my old laptop to someone who has never owned one, nor had a Microsoft account. I set it up with a Microsoft account using an outlook.com email address and a password, but the password I thought I typed is not working when I tried to reboot. So I cannot get into...
  3. Reset password for Microsoft account

Reset password for Microsoft account: My father in law is almost 95 & has some memory issues related to age & medication. I'm trying to set-up Dad's laptop for his son to use, as it's been sitting idle for some time now. Dad can no longer recall any of his passwords & as a result I've had no luck with changing...
  4. Microsoft Account Password

Microsoft Account Password: I'm drowning in passwords starting with Microsoft. I have two laptops and a tablet. Each has a different password. Can I setup the MS account to have the same password applicable to all three if my Windows 10 devices only. I want this for home use and not on public pc's. Can...
  5. reset microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset microsoft account: I need to reset Microsoft account due to forgotten password, and e mail address is no longer in use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-microsoft-account/66f9230e-1403-4a93-a758-aa425fa121ac
  6. Password to Microsoft account

Password to Microsoft account: After having my computer serviced, I decided to change the password to log in. I wonder if I have to change the password on email @outlook.com or on the computer. And one more question, if I change the password online in the email, will it be a new Windows password?...
  7. Microsoft Account Password

Microsoft Account Password: I switched to use a local account om my PC, but I want to go back to the administrator account. I am asked to sign in which I can do so far and then it asks for my Windows password, (not my Microsoft account password) and I have no idea what it is. Is there a workaround, or...
  8. Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info): Microsoft account issues I do not have access to any of the old info .. that IP is closed and not accessible any longer....
  9. Changing Password for Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Password for Microsoft account: I want to change my Microsoft account password and have been given a code to do so. However, when I go to sign in options in settings, I am repeatedly told something went wrong and to try again later. Later never comes, of course 74117
  10. Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Password: Is there a way to force an user to change their Microsoft Account password at next logon? 98260