Windows 10: Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.

Discus and support Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi.....somehow I lost my original start page menu layout. I can access everything as before, but the layout is different and I have to click on more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexC58, Aug 14, 2018.

1. AlexC58 Win User

Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.

Hi.....somehow I lost my original start page menu layout. I can access everything as before, but the layout is different and I have to click on more buttons etc. Is there a way I can get the original layout without doing a computer restore and having to 'customize' things over again? My computer expertise is limited. I'm using an HP Spectre 360 laptop with win 10 home edition.

Thanks.

:)

AlexC58, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

How to reset the tile layout in the start menu

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern with resetting the tile layout in the Start menu. Kindly answer the following:

• Is your computer connected in a domain?
    • Which build of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried the steps given by DaveM121 on a different user profile?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Gayle Win User
    How can I reset the start menu layout (the tiles)

Check out this tutorial. Copy the entire folder C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer from a newly created account, and then replace / overwrite the TileDataLayer folder of your target account. This works for me but the steps are a bit complicated.

Gayle, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10. - Similar Threads - Resetting start page

2. The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults: The Start menu keeps defaulting to factory settings by itself. I'm not sure how it's happening, but it will randomly reset. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-start-menu-keeps-resetting-to-defaults/e8f30c1c-4871-4597-acba-36f05425838e
  3. The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Start Menu keeps resetting to defaults: The Start menu keeps defaulting to factory settings by itself. I'm not sure how it's happening, but it will randomly reset. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-start-menu-keeps-resetting-to-defaults/e8f30c1c-4871-4597-acba-36f05425838e
  4. Start menu layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu layout: Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main...
  5. Start menu layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu layout: Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main...
  6. Reset Start menu to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Start menu to default: I have just set up a new laptop and for some reason the start menu has corrupted. The programs no longer line up in a column but are in the centre of the screen in several columns. I read up about changing the TileDataLayer but cannot find this now in Widows 10 even in hidden...
  7. Reboot resets start menu to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reboot resets start menu to default: After the latest update my Start Menu always resets to default after every start/restart. I've done everything to fix the issue I've found in other forums (removing registry key & checking video drivers) when this issue has popped up before except create a new admin profile....
  8. How to reset the Start menu to default settings/layout?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reset the Start menu to default settings/layout?: Hello, I somehow managed to add shortcut to my Start menu leading nowhere and it messed up the whole thing. It closes itself nearly instantly and any interaction causes explorer.exe to crash. So is there a folder with *.lnk files, or xml with the Start menu...
  9. Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout: Hi, Any win 10 machine at the office has their keyboard layout defaulted to US. I know how to change the Default to Uk layout, however it only makes those changes for the user logged in at that moment, if another person logs into the same computer, it is Defaulted back to...
  10. Resetting Win 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resetting Win 10 Start Menu: Is it possible to reset the win 10 start menu to the day I installed win 10? I'm having all kind of little issues with it now that I didn't before and I'd like to reset. I know there was a method to do this in the preview builds but that doesn't seem to work anymore. 24319