Windows 10: Resetting this PC stuck on 2%

Discus and support Resetting this PC stuck on 2% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded Windows 10 on July 29th, and decided to upgrade instead of doing a fresh install of Windows 10. However, I realized that many of my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chill, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Chill Win User

Resetting this PC stuck on 2%

I downloaded Windows 10 on July 29th, and decided to upgrade instead of doing a fresh install of Windows 10. However, I realized that many of my old programs from Windows 7 are not compatible, so today I decided to finally do a fresh install of Windows. The reset was stuck at 1% for about 20 minutes, and now it's been stuck at 2% for over an hour.
    I have no idea what the problem may be.

:)

Chill, Aug 3, 2015

2. Resetting this PC stuck on 13%

Hi,

Since the progress was still on 13% after 3 hours, we may need to perform a clean install instead. You can visit
    How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10 an article
    created by one of our Community MVPs "Andre Da Costa" that includes all necessary steps/instructions to perform a successful clean install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Resetting this PC stuck on 13%

Thanks for your reply, However I left it over night and it got past being stuck. Not sure when in the night it happened but thanks for the reply any way.

The Big Wolf 69, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Resetting this PC stuck on 2% - Similar Threads - Resetting stuck

2. PC resetting stuck at 61%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC resetting stuck at 61%: My laptop is in middle of resetting and its stuck at 61% for past 2 hours. Kindly advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-resetting-stuck-at-61/22e77488-df61-4548-811b-b8f22394a0ae
  3. PC resetting stuck at 61%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC resetting stuck at 61%: My laptop is in middle of resetting and its stuck at 61% for past 2 hours. Kindly advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-resetting-stuck-at-61/22e77488-df61-4548-811b-b8f22394a0ae
  4. Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”: So I’m trying to factory reset my Windows 10 PC and when I select “install windows locally” it gets stuck on the second “getting things ready” screen. When I select “install windows through the cloud” it gets stuck at 1% completion on “resetting your pc”....
  5. Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”

Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”: So I’m trying to factory reset my Windows 10 PC and when I select “install windows locally” it gets stuck on the second “getting things ready” screen. When I select “install windows through the cloud” it gets stuck at 1% completion on “resetting your pc”....
  6. Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset: I've been stuck on the hp logo start screen for about an hour now after resetting my laptop. I've tried all ways of trying to boot into windows but nothing works. I restarted my laptop 4 5 times but nothing works. What can I do...
  8. Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset

Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset: I've been stuck on the hp logo start screen for about an hour now after resetting my laptop. I've tried all ways of trying to boot into windows but nothing works. I restarted my laptop 4 5 times but nothing works. What can I do...
  9. Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. My dell optiplex 3010 will not boot it was stuck on 26 during a factory reset and we...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell optiplex 3010 will not boot it was stuck on 26 during a factory reset and we...: HELP help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-optiplex-3010-will-not-boot-it-was-stuck/806617c4-037a-432b-b6a1-5adacf653baf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing windows 10 after reset 0% stuck update