Windows 10: Resetting user folder folder icons

Discus and support Resetting user folder folder icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My desktop folder in my user folder has changed itself to a plain ugly one. How can I set this back to how it should be? [img] 111582 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mkr10001, Jun 4, 2018.

1. mkr10001 Win User

Resetting user folder folder icons

My desktop folder in my user folder has changed itself to a plain ugly one. How can I set this back to how it should be?
    Resetting user folder folder icons [​IMG]

:)

mkr10001, Jun 4, 2018
  2. Nyima Yonten Win User

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 9, 2018
  3. Mohammed Yaseer Win User
    Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

Resetting user folder folder icons

1. Resetting user folder folder icons - Similar Threads - Resetting user folder

2. Folder icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder icons: Hi Group Just curious to know if anyone knows where Windows 10 stores it's new folder icons. I've tried changing folder icons but I am directed back to where I'm seeing the very old icons from XP, I think. Thanks. *Biggrin 3833
  3. Folder Icon in the Folder Itself but...PATH?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder Icon in the Folder Itself but...PATH?: I've been doing some web searches and haven't yet found an answer to my problem--though the attached text at the end of my message at least seems to be someone wanting to do the same thing! Unfortunately, he posted the question in 2006 and as of today it remains unanswered....
  4. Resetting folder icons after One Drive Uninstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting folder icons after One Drive Uninstall.: I recently installed One Drive after I got annoyed at the One Drive pop-up but after a few days I decided to uninstall it again. (Don't ask me why, I don't know either) The problem is, all the files that were placed in the One Drive folder (which I installed on my disk...
  5. No "Users" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No "Users" folder: On (LT1) "My PC"/Network I see 2 computers. The one I'm working on (LT1) and my other laptop (LT2). Under (LT1) & (LT2), there should be a "Users" folder (after proper login to (LT2) on both machines. On (LT1), no "Users" folder is seen. If I go to the second laptop and do...
  6. Folders Resetting Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Resetting Themselves: This just started happening and since a reboot didn't fix it I'm stumped as to what is going on. When I have a folder open with enough files listed that I have to scroll through the list, every now and then, even though I'm still using the list, the folder resets itself to...
  7. deleting folders inside Users Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting folders inside Users Folder: Hello, I want to delete some folders that belong to Users Folder, is that going to cause my system problems? 65862
  8. User folder icon size WONT SAVE

in Windows 10 Support
    User folder icon size WONT SAVE: [img] [img] idk why , i go to my folder and i always like to see this icon in big , i select view in big but when i close the folder and open again return to medium icon , why , is look like when i click on large icon is wont save for always!!??? can pls help me 97540
  9. Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Icons: I have a folder on my desktop with my game shortcuts in it set at show Large Icons, but after last months windows update it always opens with the icons in List mode, is there a way to always make it show Large Icons again, not really a problem but I like the large view over...
  10. strange folders under users folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    strange folders under users folders...: i found these strange folders under the users folders and other places... dozens of them... ones like Send To, Start Menu, Templates, etc they have shortcut arrows but they are not... they are file folders and they have no size and the date is when i installed...