Resetting user folder folder icons

Discus and support Resetting user folder folder icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My desktop folder in my user folder has changed itself to a plain ugly one. How can I set this back to how it should be? [img] 111582 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mkr10001, Jun 4, 2018.

1. mkr10001 Win User

My desktop folder in my user folder has changed itself to a plain ugly one. How can I set this back to how it should be?
    Resetting user folder folder icons [​IMG]

:)

mkr10001, Jun 4, 2018
  2. Nyima Yonten Win User

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 9, 2018
  3. Mohammed Yaseer Win User
    Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Resetting user folder folder icons - Similar Threads - Resetting user folder

2. Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard: Hi, My laptop is displaying the Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon, but when I open the dashboard, I cannot find anything to resolve. I also have Avast installed. Best...
  3. Surface 3 Pro keeps resetting network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface 3 Pro keeps resetting network connection: For the past 2-3 weeks, my Surface 3 Pro has been dropping my hotspot connection in favor of a hidden network that isn't mine and I don't want to use. Any ideas on how to keep this from happening? Thanks!...
  4. Unable to reset my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reset my computer: Hello! I was making this question as I was wondering how to reset my PC. I plan on selling it to a friend so naturally I wanted to wipe the hard drive so that it could be fresh and work properly. However when I go into the settings and go to reset the PC, every time it has...
  5. Hard reset fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard reset fail: I have a HUAWEI tablet with windows 10, it always restart never stop , I press the power and volume down button and I tried the hard reset after 40% it fails, and at this time it still restarting , how can I fix that...
  6. Trouble Resetting my old laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble Resetting my old laptop: I have recently got a new laptop and so am trying to return my old one to factory settings so I can hopefully give it away. However upon first clicking reset it initially all seemed fine (reaaaaly slow, but fine), but when it reached 100% on the "getting a few things ready"...
  7. Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...: Windows 10 1709 & 1803 Lost icons I am currently going through all UK Windows 10 users and implementing Microsoft One Drive for Business. I currently have 2 users in the UK that are having issues after I have disabled offline files in Sync centre they lose all...
  8. How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar: I have a program icon on my Desktop and would like to drag it to the Quick Start area of the Taskbar (the area second from the right of the screen / to the left of the system tray or notification area.) I've tried left clicking and dragging - and right clicking and dragging -...
  9. Icons becoming oval in shape

Icons becoming oval in shape: Good day please all the icons on my desktop including other images of my laptop have been OVAL IN SHAPE. Please what must I do to return it to normal size. Thank you...
  10. windows 10 keeps resetting UAC

windows 10 keeps resetting UAC: How to FORCE windows 10 to stop resetting my UAC settings. (user account control) It keeps resetting after every restart ALL my computers have this same problem UAC wont stay OFF....