Windows 10: Resetting user folder folder icons

Discus and support Resetting user folder folder icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My desktop folder in my user folder has changed itself to a plain ugly one. How can I set this back to how it should be? [img] 111582 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mkr10001, Jun 4, 2018.

1. mkr10001 Win User

Resetting user folder folder icons

My desktop folder in my user folder has changed itself to a plain ugly one. How can I set this back to how it should be?
    Resetting user folder folder icons [​IMG]

:)

mkr10001, Jun 4, 2018

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 9, 2018
  3. Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

Resetting user folder folder icons

1. Resetting user folder folder icons - Similar Threads - Resetting user folder

2. User's folders icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User's folders icons: Hi! I've recently bought a new laptop and done a fresh W11 install. I've noticed every user's folder has a custom icon ex. links folder has a chain on it, but some of the same folders, on my other computer which was updated from W10 to W11, has genreric folder icon. How do I...
  3. User's folders icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User's folders icons: Hi! I've recently bought a new laptop and done a fresh W11 install. I've noticed every user's folder has a custom icon ex. links folder has a chain on it, but some of the same folders, on my other computer which was updated from W10 to W11, has genreric folder icon. How do I...
  4. User Folder Strange Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder Strange Icons: Hey guys last week I reboot my laptop after one there is two Icons starting shows up my user folder and they are empty nothing in it I'm deleting these two folder every time but when i shut down or restart the pc they will came back how can i delete ? them or anyone know...
  5. User Folder Strange Icons

User Folder Strange Icons: Hey guys last week I reboot my laptop after one there is two Icons starting shows up my user folder and they are empty nothing in it I'm deleting these two folder every time but when i shut down or restart the pc they will came back how can i delete ? them or anyone know...
  6. C;\Users Folder Icon Different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C;\Users Folder Icon Different: If I look at the content of my C: drive in the Windows Explorer, it looks like this:All views are like this except Details and List. Why does the Users folder use a different icon in all other views? I tried to change the icon in Properties/Customize, but regardless of the...
  7. C;\Users Folder Icon Different

C;\Users Folder Icon Different: If I look at the content of my C: drive in the Windows Explorer, it looks like this:All views are like this except Details and List. Why does the Users folder use a different icon in all other views? I tried to change the icon in Properties/Customize, but regardless of the...
  8. User folder icon shrunken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folder icon shrunken: A few seconds after booting my machine from a shutdown, the user folder's icon shrunk in size compared to other icons on my desktop. It had also changed to a regular folder instead of the one with the person symbol on it.I tried resizing all icons on the desktop, disabling...
  9. User folder icon shrunken

User folder icon shrunken: A few seconds after booting my machine from a shutdown, the user folder's icon shrunk in size compared to other icons on my desktop. It had also changed to a regular folder instead of the one with the person symbol on it.I tried resizing all icons on the desktop, disabling...
  10. User's Files icon is a folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User's Files icon is a folder: [ATTACH] My User's Files desktop icon has changed into the windows folder icon. When i create a shortcut of the file the icons appears fine. I tried changing the icon manually but it doesn't affect the desktop icon at all. Is there any way to fix it?...