Windows 10: Resetting Windows 7 / 10 PC?

Discus and support Resetting Windows 7 / 10 PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've posted here before, about the problems and challenges that I was experiencing with my older PC, after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 last July. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MamaBear, May 14, 2017.

1. MamaBear Win User

Resetting Windows 7 / 10 PC?

I've posted here before, about the problems and challenges that I was experiencing with my older PC, after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 last July. I finally just made the jump to a newer refurbed PC with Windows 8.1.

I have ( as far as I know ) everything transferred over. I reinstalled programs and moved data. Then finally, I cloned the old hard drive twice and put those clones in the safe.

So now, what to do with the older PC and it's HD. I'd LIKE to reinstall Windows 7 on it again, and sell it to someone who can use a Windows 7 PC. But being IT was a refurb when I bought it, around 2009, it didn't come with an OS disk.

So it's been upgraded to Windows 10 now, but that doesn't play well with the old hardware and is not worth messing with.

IS there a way that I can revert the OS to Windows 7 without having a disk, now that it's shown as being upgraded to 10?

I mean, I'd think that Microsoft has some kind of record that it was originally legitimately a Windows 7 PC, and I could reinstall it somehow?

:)

MamaBear, May 14, 2017
  2. Stephen Boots, May 14, 2017
  3. what heppen to my old window

hi i am using window 10 now i got window 10 after update window 7 to window 10

and i got the pre instal window 7 and recovery point (reset point all the data will deleted and i got window 7 back)

my que is if i delete my old window (window 7)

what heppen to my current window?

am i losing my reset point?

i can't reset my laptop again?

if i reset am losing my original window?

plz help me

niveshpahwa, May 14, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You would need a product key to activate the Windows 7 on it. Is there a COA sticker on the computer with a Windows 7 product key? You could also, possibly, pull the old Windows 7 key off the backup of the old hard drive that was upgraded to Windows 10 using Showkey Plus from this forum.

NavyLCDR, May 14, 2017
  5. MamaBear Win User
    MamaBear, May 14, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, May 14, 2017
  7. MamaBear Win User
    I don't have a disk. This is a refurbed Asus that came with Windows 7.

MamaBear, May 14, 2017
  8. AddRAM Win User

AddRAM, May 14, 2017
  9. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, May 14, 2017
  10. MamaBear Win User
    MamaBear, May 14, 2017
  11. AddRAM Win User
    That`s your key you`re talking about, don`t worry about that.

Just download Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 in either 32 or 64 Bit, whichever you need/want.

It`s near the top of the list.

AddRAM, May 14, 2017
  12. MamaBear Win User
    Ah ok, thanks! 3GB downloading now... Then I'll put it on DVD.

That's an interesting sig graphic that you have there, because my newer refurbed PC is an ASUS M32BC and I'd like to add to the 8GB RAM if it would significantly improve performance, but there's a seal on the case saying it would void the warranty. I got it in October.

Would also be awesome if I could figure how to do a SSD for it.

MamaBear, May 14, 2017
  13. AddRAM Win User

AddRAM, May 14, 2017
  14. AddRAM Win User
    Adding memory and/or a ssd is easy, you`ll get plenty of help from the people here, in the mean time, start watching you tube videos.

And research your motherboard specs to see how much memory it supports (meaning the maximum amount it can use)

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 only supports 16 GB of memory, so that`s the most you can install and use.

And if your cpu is 64 bit capable then make sure you install 64 bit.

AddRAM, May 14, 2017
  15. AddRAM Win User
    If you got a refurbished PC, then I wouldn`t worry about the sticker, how else are you going to work on it ?

I would only pay attention to that if it was a brand new PC.

Is this it ?

M32BC | Tower PCs | ASUS USA

AddRAM, May 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Resetting Windows 7 / 10 PC? - Similar Threads - Resetting

2. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  3. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  4. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  5. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  6. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Default audio device resetting to default when system boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default audio device resetting to default when system boots: Headset - Steel series arctis 1 wirelessThe headset has a number of options for audio output chat, gaming, speakersTo allow me to hear people in discord and use them as general sound output it has to be set to speakers headset speakers when booting the system the audio output...
  8. Default audio device resetting to default when system boots

Default audio device resetting to default when system boots: Headset - Steel series arctis 1 wirelessThe headset has a number of options for audio output chat, gaming, speakersTo allow me to hear people in discord and use them as general sound output it has to be set to speakers headset speakers when booting the system the audio output...
  9. My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this...: My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-button-has-moved-to-button-and-vice-versa-i-jus/c9e718a8-2d47-4328-b106-f6f291953852
  10. My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this...: My @ button has moved to " button and vice versa,, I jus reseted my windows 10 and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-button-has-moved-to-button-and-vice-versa-i-jus/c9e718a8-2d47-4328-b106-f6f291953852

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resetting hardware issue in windows 7