Windows 10: Resetting Word as default ?

Discus and support Resetting Word as default ? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; By mistake in the early hours of this morning somehow managed to set all my many Word docs default to Microsoft Office Picture Manager and now can't... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Arcadian, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Arcadian Win User

Resetting Word as default ?

By mistake in the early hours of this morning somehow managed to set all my many Word docs default to Microsoft Office Picture Manager and now can't find a way to reverse it back....*Redface

Any help much appreciated thanks.

:)

Arcadian, Aug 14, 2017
  2. Jim T80 Win User

Can't get Word as default program for Word documents

Thanks for responding.

When we right click on a .doc or .docx file, Word isn't a choice, but it does give us the option to browse to a file. Would that be winword.exe, or does the file opening function go somewhere else?

Jim T80, Aug 14, 2017
  3. Jim T80 Win User
    Can't get Word as default program for Word documents

Thanks for your response.

Word works fine in the user account. The user can open .doc and .docx files from Word without a problem, but she clicks directly on a .doc or .docx file, we get Wordpad.

Jim T80, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Joanne Win User

Resetting Word as default ? [​IMG]

Joanne, Aug 14, 2017
  5. Arcadian Win User
    Great ! Many thanks *Sleepy

Arcadian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Resetting Word as default ? - Similar Threads - Resetting Word default

2. How can I reset the font size to the default formatting in Microsoft word?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I reset the font size to the default formatting in Microsoft word?: I messed with the font sizes and now all the headings in my document are stuck the same size as the body unless i change them all individually submitted by /u/NipplesOnMyChin [link] [comments]...
  3. MS Word as default O365-Word2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Word as default O365-Word2007: Hi, I've got a little problem. On my computer there is a Word 2007 and an Office 365 package. I want the Word of O365 as my default viewer of .doc, .docx, etc..., but when I go in default app settings the Windows only sees the Word 2007... How will the Win10 see, that there...
  4. How to change the style in word default?

How to change the style in word default?: How do I change the style default in word ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-style-in-word-default/fd60c392-c52d-423a-9bc4-c84e66d58bec
  5. Word defaults

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word defaults: Can someone tell me how to change, permanently, the default font and size for Word in Office 2019? I refer specifically to the blank document that shows up whenever you start the program. I hate 11 point Calibri. Help. Please?...
  6. Default save directory for Word not be User.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default save directory for Word not be User.: I have recently completed a fresh install of Windows 10 are a SSD crash. I have also installed Office Home and Student 2019. For Windows 10 in File Explorer, I have the documents icon point to D:\Documents\. In Office I have the Word settings also point to D:\Documents\....
  7. Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Set Microsoft Word Back to Defaults: For some reason only known to myself, I've messed around with Word settings and now I need to set it back to default (as it comes from Microsoft). Any help out there? *Redface 146971
  8. Change default font in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default font in Word: How can I change my default font and size when I create a Word doc? Thank you! Darlene J. Brent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-font-in-word/784c957a-2031-42bd-a6f6-a0b1fb2a2837"
  9. Default Word settings.

Default Word settings.: On the current version of Word I cannot edit documents in reading or normal view. Switching back and getting all the carriage return and space marks appearing is a real pain. How do I reset this? I tried the online Help and the remote access guy did something but next...
  10. Change default font in Word/Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default font in Word/Notepad: Is there anyway to change the default 'Calibri' font that is set on opening Notepad or Wordpad? I would love to open Notepad to find the font set at something I like. 'Verdana' for example, so I can just get straight on. I know I sound lazy, but I use Note or Wordpad a...