Windows 10: Resize Flash Player objects in Firefox?

Discus and support Resize Flash Player objects in Firefox? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; At work I extensively use a Flash-based control panel provided by one of my company's business partners. I typically run Firefox to display it. I've... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mikolajek, Dec 5, 2015.

1. mikolajek Win User

Resize Flash Player objects in Firefox?

At work I extensively use a Flash-based control panel provided by one of my company's business partners. I typically run Firefox to display it.

I've recently switched to 4K monitor and the panel has become unreadable as the font size is constantly the same as in my previous (1920x1080 resolution), meaning way too small to be easily read in 4K resolution unless using a magnifying glass...

I'm aware of the fact Flash objects are virtually impossible to customize, but noticed a surprising thing when run the panel in Internet Explorer (v. 11.11.10586) - it actually gets resized together with a page and this applies to panel font too! At the same the panel displayed in Firefox is completely immune to any size changes, just other elements (non-Flash) of the page can be increased/decreased.

So my question is - is only IE capable of resizing Flash objects that way, meaning keeping fonts scalable? Can this be somehow achieved in Firefox as well? Or maybe in any other browsers?

:)

mikolajek, Dec 5, 2015

2. Flash Player not working in Internet Explorer browser on Windows 10.

Hi Paul,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in flashback player settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enable flashback player settings and check if it helps.

1. Click the Tools or Gear icon in the top right corner of the Internet Explorer.

2. Click Manage Add-ons.

3. In the dialog box that appears, choose Toolbars and Extensions.

4. In the list of Add-ons, look for “Shockwave Flash Object” (another name for Flash Player). In the Status column, check to see whether Shockwave Flash Object is Disabled. If it is disabled, click the row for Shockwave
    Flash Object to highlight it.

5. In the lower-right corner of the Manage Add-ons dialog box, click Enable.

6. Close the Manage Add-ons dialog box.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with flashback on Internet Explorer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 5, 2015
  3. Cortina and Start Button/icon don't work in Windows 10

Hello.

The Start button and the Cortina button stopped working in Windows 10. They are both visible, but both stopped

working.

I don't have a clue as to what I did to cause this problem, but perhaps it is related to my turning Adobe Flash Player

on/off and turning ActiveX Filtering on/off. Currently, Adobe Flash Player (Shockwave Flash Object) is enabled and

ActiveX Filtering is off - not checked, but neither working.

Please advise.

jernof.

Medley Man, Dec 5, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, a quick search suggested an add-on 'Flash Game Maximiser' which offers to maximise almost any flash content to full window. Probably not what you want exactly, but there may be another more suitable addon..

e.g. Flashresizer or Mediaplus..

dalchina, Dec 6, 2015
  5. mikolajek Win User
    Thanks for this - I've already tried FlashResizer for FF, but it won't resize fonts, though indeed it works very well on all other objects. I end up with a nice smaller / bigger window with unreadable font *Wink.
    Just tried MediaPlus but it has the same problem. Looks like the font size is somehow hardcoded into Flash contents and cannot be risized easily (or at all)... *Sad

mikolajek, Dec 6, 2015
  6. I guess the easiest thing would be to lower the resoulution when using flash.

yotoprules, Dec 9, 2015
  7. mikolajek Win User
    Point scored! That's what I tried to do in fact - by setting a virtual desktop with lower resolution.
    However the thing is that then all the fonts get extremely blurred... *Sad

mikolajek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Resize Flash Player objects in Firefox? - Similar Threads - Resize Flash Player

2. Flash Player

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flash Player: I am posting to you Microsoft and the Adobe community in order to let them know that if it was necessary to cancel flash player from the browser, they could have leave it for the rest of us. It’s a big problem for a lot of programs, not only Incredimail. If affects Games,...
  3. moving and resizing objects and pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving and resizing objects and pictures: Since the latest update, I can not move and adjust picture sizes in the same manner as I have been doing using standard laptop contols. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-and-resizing-objects-and-pictures/de5df779-3555-4e14-8637-b87c2b395e32
  4. Flash Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Player: How are we suppose to play games or files ect that use flashplayer now once flashplayer is gone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player/c5b27e03-8cc4-446c-a5c6-855c7ed15d00
  5. flash player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flash player: I am unable to enable flash player on windows 10. Using any browser. Edge tells me flash player is disabled but in settings, it is on. How can I enable flash player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player/eac76d81-b8b9-496e-bda2-c14b4c67c596
  6. FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???: The other day FF had an update to 67.0.1. When I logged into an web site that uses Adobe Flash, FireFox said I needed a update to Flash and to get it here (A button). The button took me to the flash download web site, I proceeded to down load the installer. I then ran the...
  7. Flash Player

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash Player: Sorry if this has been covered before,when visiting some websites the jigsaw icon for Flash player used to have the options "Allow Once" "Always Allow" but now the only option is "Allow Once" is there any way round this to "Always Allow" Flash content on web pages? 119696
  8. flash player

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    flash player: Why does my flash player not work some Facebook games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-windows_10/flash-player/841c75a1-1469-480a-a460-335e67a1b253
  9. flash player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flash player: howto reinstall Microsoft embeds Flash Player *Sick 25005
  10. Flash Player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Player.: Good Day,has anybody solved either of these problems,on Win 10,First when I try to open greeting cards from Jacquie Lawson,it tells me I need to download Adobe flash,when I try this, Win 10 tells me it is already installed,(between a rock,and a hard place) so I am unable to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox quick resize addon