Windows 10: Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app

Discus and support Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app How to Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by swarfega, Feb 15, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app

How to: Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app

How to Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app

The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all your devices, enhances them to make great photos even better, and organizes them into beautiful albums for you.

The Photos app will also allow you to resize an image to reduce the size of the image and its storage size.

The sizes to resize an image with may not be supported and available for all images.
    • Small - Best for profile pictures and thumbnails.
    • Medium - Best for emails and messages.
    • Large - Best for viewing.
    This tutorial will show you how to resize an image using the Photos app in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open an image you want to resize in the Photos app.

2. Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button on the toolbar, and click/tap on Resize. (see screenshots below)

*note You can also right click or press and hold on the image, and click/tap on Resize.

Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on the available S (small), M (medium), or L (large) size you want to resize the image with. (see screenshot below)

*note Based on the original current size of the image, it will show you the reduced size once the image has been resized.

4. Navigate to where you want to save the resized image, type a name you want for the image, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close the Resize image window or the Photos app. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

swarfega, Feb 15, 2018

2. Resizing photos for export using windows 10

Hi Helen,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Which app/program are you using to browse/view photos?
    • Are you referring to Windows Photos app to edit/resize image?

If you are using Windows Photos app to edit image, I would like to inform you that as of now there are no image resizing option available in Photos app. I suggest you to use other app/program to resize the image (e.g. Paint).

To resize image in Paint, kindly refer the below given link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Note: The above link contains step for Windows 7, but they also applies to Windows 10.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Resizing photos for export using windows 10

I hope Microsoft will add the "resize" function to the Photos app, soon. PLEASE!

When I click on an image, it opens in the Photos app. This app offers basic image manipulation functions, e.g. cropping. So why is there no "resize" function? Have a look at OS X preview app, this and Quick Look is what I'm missing in Windows 10 most.

Arnoooo M., Oct 27, 2019
  4. Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app

resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 27, 2019
  5. How do you resize photos in windows 10?

Useless information

SachinTEMBULKAR, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Argel Obm Win User
    How to resize photo in Windows10?

Hi Man,

Please take note that Microsoft Picture Manager is not supported in Office 2013 or later. You can resize the photos in Windows 10 by editing them using Paint. To resize a photo in Paint, follow these steps:

• Right-click a photo, and then click Edit. The photo will open in Paint.
    • In Paint, click Resize.
    • Under Resize, you can choose if you want to resize the photo by Percentage or
      Pixel.
    • Once you've chosen how you will resize the photo, you can edit the values of
      Horizontal
      and Vertical. If you want to fully customize the size of the photo, you can uncheck the
      Maintain aspect ratio check box.
    • After customizing the values of Horizontal and Vertical, click
      OK.
    • Click the floppy disk icon on the upper left part of Paint to save the changes.

Another way to edit a photo in Paint is by using the Select tool. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open a photo using paint,
    • In Paint, adjust the canvas of your picture to the size you want. You can adjust the canvass by clicking and dragging on the small box around the picture.
    • Once you've adjusted you canvass, click the Select tool.
    • Select the whole image. Make sure that you exactly select the image.
    • After selecting the image, click and drag the small box around the picture to resize it. Make sure that size the canvass and the image is the same.
    • After editing the size of the picture or image, click the floppy disk icon on the upper left part of Paint to save the changes.

Should you need further assistance, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app

1. Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app - Similar Threads - Resize Image Photos

2. Resizing Image using Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing Image using Photos app: The instructions to do this are:Open image in PhotosClick on ...Select Resize ImageThe dialog box that then appears does not give me the 3 Best for ... opption. This is what I get instead:Help please....
  3. Resizing Image using Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resizing Image using Photos app: The instructions to do this are:Open image in PhotosClick on ...Select Resize ImageThe dialog box that then appears does not give me the 3 Best for ... opption. This is what I get instead:Help please....
  4. Microsoft Photos Resize Image not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Resize Image not working properly: Good morning/evening,I'm having an issue with Microsoft Photos not showing the 3 selection options in Resize Image. It used to have 3 options to select from when I clicked on Resize Image, but now it only brings up "Pixels" or "Percentage" whenever I select the Resize Image....
  5. Microsoft Photos Resize Image not working properly

Microsoft Photos Resize Image not working properly: Good morning/evening,I'm having an issue with Microsoft Photos not showing the 3 selection options in Resize Image. It used to have 3 options to select from when I clicked on Resize Image, but now it only brings up "Pixels" or "Percentage" whenever I select the Resize Image....
  6. Image resizing when I open it in photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image resizing when I open it in photos: So this is a new issue. I have been using the sniping tool on a remote computer that I connect to, saving it as a .PGP and moving it to my computer via Filezilla. I open the .PGP on my computer in photos, and I now have to zoom to get the image to the right size to screenshot...
  7. Resizing photos in Photos App Windows 10

Resizing photos in Photos App Windows 10: This question has been asked many times, but the answers are contradictory, and I don't know if something has changed since they were posted a few years ago. Can we use the Photos app in Windows 10 to resize photos? Or has the function been disabled? I have version...
  8. Image resizer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image resizer Windows 10: Hi, I am going round in circles and am very confused … I am doing a course in building a website. When I bring the pictures in, they are too large for the frames and I cannot seem to get them smaller. I have tried resizing and can get the file size down, but cannot get the...
  9. How to quickly resize images using Windows 10 Photos App

in Windows 10 News
    How to quickly resize images using Windows 10 Photos App: [ATTACH] The Photos app comes pre-installed on Windows 10. The utility of this app in viewing images and performing basic editing tasks is well known. For instance, in addition to editing images, splitting videos or merging them together, the Photos app [...] This post How...
  10. Website image resizer app

Website image resizer app: When i want to save an image websites by clicking ' save as ' and open it using my image program some appears massive and i have to resize to a comfortable size to fit my 19inch monitor...is there a way to save image as normal without using mouse clicks everytime...is a an...