Windows 10: Resize partition C

Discus and support Resize partition C in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On partition C is my OS Win 10. I want to extend volume C. I shrank volume D and I got "147.65 GB unallocated". How can I extend volume C using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Macos Macos, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Resize partition C

On partition C is my OS Win 10.

I want to extend volume C. I shrank volume D and I got "147.65 GB unallocated".

How can I extend volume C using the "147.65 GB unallocated"?

Thanks in advance for any help

:)

Macos Macos, Jul 19, 2018

2. Resizing C partition

Would suggest using Ease us partition manager for this.Disk Management is kinda useless for resizing.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Resize Windows 10 System Partition

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".
    • In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu
    • Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up space.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 19, 2018
  4. rk3066 Win User

Resize partition C

Resize a Partition/Install

Nevermind. Fixed the issue by Resizing the main partition with a live USB linux OS

rk3066, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Resize partition C

1. Resize partition C - Similar Threads - Resize partition

2. I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...: I'm trying to follow the Instructions to manually resize the partition to install the WinRE update and I'm stuck at the place where I enter "sel disk". I got the error 0x80070643 - ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE when I attempted to install the updates. When I enter the command...
  3. I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...: I'm trying to follow the Instructions to manually resize the partition to install the WinRE update and I'm stuck at the place where I enter "sel disk". I got the error 0x80070643 - ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE when I attempted to install the updates. When I enter the command...
  4. I'm trying to folow the Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives: I was using the disk management software in win 10 to first shrink a data partition on disk1old C; operating system.Then take the next one over D: and expand it to use that reclaimed space. The utility did say that it would change the partitions on the drive to logical drives...
  6. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives: I was using the disk management software in win 10 to first shrink a data partition on disk1old C; operating system.Then take the next one over D: and expand it to use that reclaimed space. The utility did say that it would change the partitions on the drive to logical drives...
  7. resize causes partitions to be converted to logical drives

8. Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.: I am running into this issue and followed the instructions to resize my windows recovery partition....
  9. Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.

Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.: I am running into this issue and followed the instructions to resize my windows recovery partition....
  10. Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade