Windows 10: Resize start menu

Discus and support Resize start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Group I was able to resize the start menu in build 9926 using the registry hack. I see that the hack is there in 100041 and 100049. But I cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by awildttrout, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Resize start menu

Hi Group
    I was able to resize the start menu in build 9926 using the registry hack. I see that the hack is there in 100041 and 100049. But I cant resize the start menu now. Anyone else have this problem.
    Thanks.

:)

awildttrout, Apr 2, 2015

2. Resizable Windows 10 Start Menu and Vertical v. Horizontal Scroll

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You can resize your start menu on your Windows 10 computer. You can just click on the edge of the start menu and stretch to expand it.

You can also make it full screen. You may refer the article below to resize the start menu.

Resize the start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/resize-the-start-menu

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Apr 2, 2015
  3. Zest2learn, Apr 2, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Resize start menu

Brink, Apr 2, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    I don't want the silly thing splattered all over my screen; I want to be able to size it so it holds my icons so I see only what I need to see. *Confused

Wynona, Apr 3, 2015
  6. That's what I wanted also. To be able to drag the borders until it fits only the tiles I choose to have. It wasn't a feature in 9926 either but someone created a registry hack, that's what we need this time.

awildttrout, Apr 3, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Unfortunately MS changed the code they use to create the start menu and it can't be hacked like it was in earlier builds. Shawn(Brink) has tried with no success.

BunnyJ, Apr 3, 2015
  8. Boozad Win User

Resize start menu

Use the Feedback tool to let Microsoft know what you want.

Boozad, Apr 4, 2015
  9. richc46 Win User
    I agree, would be nice to be able to resize. Everyone would be able to have what they like. I would resize the same as Seven.

richc46, Apr 4, 2015
  10. LEE
    Lee Win User
    That is what third party developers are for. . .it is not Miscrosoft's job to see that everyone gets what they want. If they did you wouldn't be able to find a HDD or SDD that would be large enough to fit the OS on, or a computer that would be able to handle the massive size of the OS. If you want something special then develop it yourselve or use some from a third party developer; they need to eat too. . .*Wink

11. jeffrys Win User
    Hehe Rich,

words of wisdom. I want the Start Screen back, the Apps screen and the Charms Bar. Do not think if i give feedback to M.S. that it will help me.

Did gave feedback on the subject though, know that it will not change anything.

Jeff

jeffrys, Apr 5, 2015
  12. Why do you thing MS is changing the menu? Because of the feedback people are giving. That and they're trying to make it work on all devices.

That's where MS is going wrong, IMO. The menu issue is really just a PC thing - no phone would be able to read those tiny items in the list. Maybe a tablet, but tablet users have enough trouble with fat fingers (at least I do) *Tongue

My choice would be to make a two pane 'window' - the left pane would hold you frequently used apps for quick access and the right pane would hold All apps. Each pane could be displayed as text or graphically and each pane could be sorted just like a File explorer Window. The right pane (all apps) could be collapsed leaving only the left pane (freq apps) or expanded showing all apps. And the whole thing could be full page (Start Screen) with expandable All Apps (just like Win8)

But hey, no one listens to me either *Wink

Slartybart, Apr 6, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

Resize start menu

I'm a member of Microsoft's Yammer Office 365 Network. There is a Windows 10 group within that network.

I started a poll, asking: The Charms Bar is gone in Windows 10 Technical Preview. Do you want it back?

Yes = 35%
    No = 43%
    I can live with or without it = 22%

Although I hate the thing, the results of this poll are so close as to be neck and neck. Therefore, it's my opinion that Microsoft should make us all happy . . .

Give us a way to Turn the Charms Bar ON! Give us a way to Turn the Charms Bar completely OFF! Yep, even the ones who can take it or leave it will have a choice (Do I like it? Do I want it?)

Wynona, Apr 6, 2015
  14. Edwin New Member
    Rumor has it that the Start Menu may be re-sizable, in one of the next Builds, as well as transparency as an option.
    Speculation points towards Build 10054 or 10056, but who knows.

Edwin, Apr 6, 2015
  15. I like that idea, sounds very similar to 8

The top pane shows your apps that you choose for quick access
    expand it by swipping up or clicking arrow and you get all apps

paulsalter, Apr 6, 2015
Thema:

Resize start menu

1. Resize start menu - Similar Threads - Resize start menu

2. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  3. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  4. Resize Windows search windows Independent of start menu

in Cortana
    Resize Windows search windows Independent of start menu: My Problem is that i use the full screen option for the start menu in Windows. This works perfectly. I noticed when using this option that my search windows expands up to the top of my screen.I know that normally the size of the search window is the same as the start menu....
  5. Can't resize the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't resize the Start menu: It won't drag from the right. It does show the double arrow, but it doesn't do anything. I want to make the Start menu fit the two stack of apps I have on it but it's twice the width it should be...
  6. Can't get the Start Menu to Resize

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get the Start Menu to Resize: I just did a clean install of 10041 and can't fine a way to switch to a resizable Start Menu. I have seen several post here which describe a registry edit to accomplish this but it doesn't seem to work under 10041. It did under 9926. Here is a part of the instructions I...
  7. Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 Tiles on your Start menu are icons for modern apps, desktop apps, and folders that you "Pin to Start". Modern apps (ex: from the Store) can have live tiles that show...
  8. Resize Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize your Start Menu in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can resize the height and width of your Start menu. This tutorial will show you how to resize the height and width of your Start menu to what you want in Windows...
  9. resizable Start menu will be available in Windows 10 RTM

in Windows 10 News
    resizable Start menu will be available in Windows 10 RTM: But have no fear. For those of you wondering if Microsoft removed this option from Windows 10, it will be available once the operating system is released this summer. We here at WinBeta get quite a few emails asking us certain questions, and thankfully there are solid...
  10. Start Menu resizing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu resizing in Windows 10: The new Start menu is a hybrid of the Windows 7 menu and the features of Windows 8. With Live Tiles and traditional apps sitting side-by-side, it's a hybrid approach that will likely appease desktop users. One aspect that is also new, is that you can resize the Start menu,...