Windows 10: Resizing Pages + Desktop View

Discus and support Resizing Pages + Desktop View in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One moment I am happily working on my PC then, after clicking on 'New Email', I found that the email message covered the entire screen. Usually, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ashley K, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Ashley K Win User

Resizing Pages + Desktop View

One moment I am happily working on my PC then, after clicking on 'New Email', I found that the email message covered the entire screen. Usually, it opens at a smaller size so I assume that to be the default size. When I went to reduce its size - by clicking on the overlapping pages symbol top right of the monitor - the email wasn't reduced in size. It was as if the monitor was frozen.
    Did I inadvertently press the wrong keys on my keyboard to set something up I shouldn't or did an update or some corruption in Windows 10 bring this about? I do wonder if it's the latter because my normal desktop view is not the usual one. I see three boxes - here's a screen shot. I don't want to see this! I want my old screen back! Also, I do wonder if there's a glitch in the PC because when I click an icon on the Task Bar, it sometimes doesn't open. Help!! Processing...x

:)

Ashley K, Aug 11, 2018
  2. S WMARR Win User

Windows 10 desktop Icon resizing?

I found out how to resize desktop icons, see below ,

To change the desktop icons take the steps below:

· Right click on an empty area of the desktop

· Select ‘View’

From here we will have three options:

· Large Icons

· Medium Icons

· Classic Icons

When you select the options listed above the icons will change based on the size selected.

S WMARR, Aug 11, 2018
  3. resize desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and your interest in Windows 10.

Method 1:

· Select ‘View’

· Large Icons

· Medium Icons

· Classic Icons

Method 2:

To resize the icons on Windows 10 follow the instructions provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on System.
    • In Display tab, increase the percentage or bar under change the size of text, apps and other items.
    • Click on Apply button.
    Keep us posted with the status of the issue.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 11, 2018
  4. S WMARR Win User

resize my desktop icons, in windows 10

· Select ‘View’

· Large Icons

· Medium Icons

· Classic Icons

When you select the options listed above the icons will change based on the size selected.

S WMARR, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Resizing Pages + Desktop View - Similar Threads - Resizing Pages Desktop

2. How to resize the view in new design

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resize the view in new design: Hi, I'm really frustrated with this 'new, simple' design for Paint. It seems they've made it harder to use. When I get a picture too large, I don't know how to zoom out. I used to do it in 'view'. Now I don't see how to change this. There's no widget for increasing or...
  3. How to resize the view in new design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resize the view in new design: Hi, I'm really frustrated with this 'new, simple' design for Paint. It seems they've made it harder to use. When I get a picture too large, I don't know how to zoom out. I used to do it in 'view'. Now I don't see how to change this. There's no widget for increasing or...
  4. auto resizing page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto resizing page: how to i stop my computer from resize my page when i move my finger on the touch pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-resizing-page/182dee7b-7d64-4818-be61-587b2e5cbf4c
  5. page resizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    page resizing: I have switched off multitasking in Windows 10 to stop pages resizing but it has not worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-resizing/4212a5e1-0417-46e4-8714-ea2cf2c6d7be
  6. How to resize a window without resizing the page?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to resize a window without resizing the page?: I want to split screen a YouTube video, and I want to resize the window so it only shows the actual video instead of the comments, recommended, and all that stuff. Like cropping a window and being able to move it so I can split screen without all the unnecessary parts of...
  7. Resizing Items on the Desktop

Resizing Items on the Desktop: I am using Windows 10. Just got a new Desktop with a 27" monitor. I thought the larger monitor would give me more space. It did not. Everything is just bigger! How can I resize things on my Desktop so that I can fit more Windows, icons, etc.? I tried Display settings...
  8. pages will not resize

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pages will not resize: When clicking the page resize nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pages-will-not-resize/a23ed50c-f1bb-4e81-9034-505978e5739f
  9. Desktop view

Desktop view: How to I set & lock my desktop in Classic or Tablet view, running Windows 10? (Instead of Tiles). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-view/c923459e-bc86-4dd1-b90a-60d75fdee3de
  10. Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?

Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?: Hi. I have a window that has several icons in Tile View but I would like to shrink the tile size a bit. The actual Tile itself, not change to small or medium icons, as it would inhibit seeing the folder contents. Is this possible within W10 itself? TIA *chuckle 125462