Windows 10: Resizing Screen

Discus and support Resizing Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried to get my screen to resize by changing the Tablet setting to desktop and asking to be notified if that is changed automatically. I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaslmiller47, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Resizing Screen

I have tried to get my screen to resize by changing the Tablet setting to desktop and asking to be notified if that is changed automatically. I still cant get my screen to resize by clicking the overlapping squares next to the X at the top right of the screen. I am totally frustrated at trying to get a feature that was a staple of previous Windows versions to work. Please help. Thanks!

:)

thomaslmiller47, Sep 11, 2017
  2. MFview52 Win User

Re-size screen size

How to resize the screen size by dragging the bottom screen corner to resize the screen display.

Now my screen is in full size, I want to get back to resize-able screen without changing the display resolution.

MFview52, Sep 11, 2017
  3. G8RFAN Win User
    HTC Touch screen resize and is locked

OOOOPPPS, I resized the active touch window and now it is locked and the resized windo is smaller and centered thant the touch screen buttons. I am unable to unlock the device to resize the screen. Any Ideas?

G8RFAN, Sep 11, 2017
  4. Wskrs Win User

Resizing Screen

It sounds more like your talking about a program window and not the screen. The overlapping squares would not be on your screen. What program or app are you trying to run at what screen size?

Wskrs, Sep 11, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    If you are talking about a window that appears as if it's full screen, it can be that both full size and 'restore down' settings (clicking the overlapping square) can result in apparently the same or very similar result. I.e. clicking the overlapping square seems to do little or nothing. This happens if you have effectively saved the 'restore down' setting as near full screen.

Try moving your mouse to the top left corner of your Window and see if you see a double headed arrow pointer. If not, click the overlapping squares 'restore down' icon and repeat that.

When you see the double headed arrow, click and drag the corner diagonally towards the centre to resize the window. Then see if you can get it to switch between that reduced size, full screen, and minimised again.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Resizing Screen

1. Resizing Screen - Similar Threads - Resizing Screen

2. windows auto resized to span half the screen when being moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows auto resized to span half the screen when being moved: not sure what this feature is called: when I reposition windows esp when moving something from one monitor to another the window being moved sometimes automatically gets resized to span exactly half the screen with the rest of the open apps arranged on the other half of the...
  3. windows auto resized to span half the screen when being moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows auto resized to span half the screen when being moved: not sure what this feature is called: when I reposition windows esp when moving something from one monitor to another the window being moved sometimes automatically gets resized to span exactly half the screen with the rest of the open apps arranged on the other half of the...
  4. Screen flickers for a millisecond in pitch black when I try to resize a window or a Youtube...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickers for a millisecond in pitch black when I try to resize a window or a Youtube...: Hello, since a month ago or so my PC's screen flickers in black for a millisecond when trying to resize a window, I can drag it and watch it without problems but the moment I, for example, drag the window and return it to the bar or try to maximize it, the flickers occur.It...
  5. Screen flickers for a millisecond in pitch black when I try to resize a window or a Youtube...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers for a millisecond in pitch black when I try to resize a window or a Youtube...: Hello, since a month ago or so my PC's screen flickers in black for a millisecond when trying to resize a window, I can drag it and watch it without problems but the moment I, for example, drag the window and return it to the bar or try to maximize it, the flickers occur.It...
  6. Screen flickers for a millisecond in pitch black when I try to resize a window or a Youtube...

7. My windows screen is 100% of monitor with no way to resize.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows screen is 100% of monitor with no way to resize.: My windows screen is 100% of monitor with no way to resize. I have tried all of the fixes I could find. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-screen-is-100-of-monitor-with-no-way-to/f9abf495-cc5e-43af-8786-ad28d6798f6f
  8. My windows screen is 100% of monitor with no way to resize.

My windows screen is 100% of monitor with no way to resize.: My windows screen is 100% of monitor with no way to resize. I have tried all of the fixes I could find. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-screen-is-100-of-monitor-with-no-way-to/f9abf495-cc5e-43af-8786-ad28d6798f6f
  9. My windows screen is 100% of monitor with no way to resize.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Visual Studio app doesn't get resize with Lg split screen software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Visual Studio app doesn't get resize with Lg split screen software: I have installed LG Split screen software and all other app resize automatically but Visual Studio app2019 doesn't gets resize automatically. Does any one has similar issue....