Windows 10: Resizing Windows

Discus and support Resizing Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had no problems with the 10 upgrade but I cannot find a way to control the size of app windows. They're either minimized or maximized with nothing in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by samchristo, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Resizing Windows

I had no problems with the 10 upgrade but I cannot find a way to control the size of app windows. They're either minimized or maximized with nothing in between.

Solution: I had, somehow, set up Tablet mode (in Settings, System, Tablet Mode). Once I found that control and reset it everything went back to normal.

By the way - I've found Classic Shell to be a worthwhile utility for enhancing Windows 8 and 10.

Thanks,
    Sam

:)

samchristo, Jul 28, 2015

2. Resizing windows

It is not about resolution. Its about resizing of a window. When I do resizing using mouse pointers. The effect of the resizing doesn't show up in real-time while dragging. Instead when i leave the mouse click, that is when the window gets resized. What
    I want is that while click and dragging the mouse, the window should resize itself in real-time. I just cannot find the setting for that. Can you help?

Md-Taimur-Alam, Jul 28, 2015
  3. IanRG Win User
    Windows 10 windows' borders are too thin!!

That's OK, I have no intention of hiring you as a UI/UX designer either - and this has nothing to do with your problems with language.

The border is not the visual cue at all.

• It was not in Win 3.x because they had borders on resizable windows and non-resizable windows. The only difference was non-resizable borders did not have the little line to separate the corners.
    • It was not in Win 9x because they had borders on resizable and non resizable windows and with its preponderance of grey, it was often hard to tell where border ended and the program began.
    • It was not in XP but the default blue borders made it easier to tell the difference between the border and the program - but not between resizable and sizable ones.
    • As for XP, the same for the Aero twins - except both the resizable and non resizable borders were a simulated glass look.

The one, true, real and only reliable visual cue for where you can resize a window since the beginning of resizable windows in Windows is the MOUSE CURSOR. When Apple copied Windows and moved their resize point from just the bottom left resize box to the
    edges, they copied the mouse cursor visual cue and not the border. They did this because it is poor UI/UX design to rely on a static visual cue that is hard or impossible to tell the difference from the same or virtually identical non-resizable border

When you understand this and look at the identical border on the non-resizable Win 10 mouse control panel but still jump to the, at this point, weird conclusion that this same border in Edge means that the tab is resizable because it has a border, then you
    have shown no understanding of UI/UX. Just because you think it says "resize me " does not and never has meant you are right.

IanRG, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Resizing Windows

1. Resizing Windows - Similar Threads - Resizing

2. MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots: This has vexed me for 15 years.Is it possible to enlarge the resizing/cropping handle dots at the image edges in M.S. Paint the classic version in order to make them easier to see for someone who wears glasses.Something like changing a setting in the registry, or failing...
  3. MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots: This has vexed me for 15 years.Is it possible to enlarge the resizing/cropping handle dots at the image edges in M.S. Paint the classic version in order to make them easier to see for someone who wears glasses.Something like changing a setting in the registry, or failing...
  4. "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...: After following "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I get the error the error that winre.wim not found, when I try to enable RE.KB5028997had me delete the RE partition and recreate it, so it is empty now. I copied a wim...
  5. "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...

"KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I...: After following "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update", I get the error the error that winre.wim not found, when I try to enable RE.KB5028997had me delete the RE partition and recreate it, so it is empty now. I copied a wim...
  6. Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS build : 19045.4170 Recently there was an update that increased the size of the News and Interests window on my taskbar. Before it was a small and simple window that didn't really take up much space. I mostly used it to check the local...
  7. Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.

Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS build : 19045.4170 Recently there was an update that increased the size of the News and Interests window on my taskbar. Before it was a small and simple window that didn't really take up much space. I mostly used it to check the local...
  8. Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. My cursor changed the resize option from the default diagonal arrows to something else i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor changed the resize option from the default diagonal arrows to something else i...: The normal cursor is still there but there is a vertical rectangle with arrows at the top and bottom attached to the pointer. How do I change it back, please? I have tried to rest the mouse settings and update drivers but it still appears. Unfortunately, the image upload...
  10. My cursor changed the resize option from the default diagonal arrows to something else i...

My cursor changed the resize option from the default diagonal arrows to something else i...: The normal cursor is still there but there is a vertical rectangle with arrows at the top and bottom attached to the pointer. How do I change it back, please? I have tried to rest the mouse settings and update drivers but it still appears. Unfortunately, the image upload...