Windows 10: Resolution after upgrade is bad, fuzzy and ghostly.

Discus and support Resolution after upgrade is bad, fuzzy and ghostly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After my second attempt to the windows 10 upgrade my monitors resolution is still poor. I have upgraded the drivers on my Vcard and still no change.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by badpigg, Aug 7, 2015.

1. badpigg Win User

Resolution after upgrade is bad, fuzzy and ghostly.

After my second attempt to the windows 10 upgrade my monitors resolution is still poor. I have upgraded the drivers on my Vcard and still no change. Oddly my display is set 1920x1080 true color 32bit, 30Hertz interlaced.
    Prior to the upgrade I was running at 60 hertz. Could this be the problem? When I try to select a higher refresh rate I'm only given a choice of a lower resolution like 1280 x960. I don't want that resolution. Can anyone help?

I'm running:
    Gateway GT5694
    AMD Phenom 9750Quad 2400mhz
    AMD HD6670 with driver version 15.20-150715a-184226e

:)

badpigg, Aug 7, 2015
  2. LN55 Win User

Windows 10 messed up display. Icons fuzzy and too small to read on desk top and in programs.

Been upgrading to windows 10 in office and at home. Huge problem with larger monitors. The ViewSonic HDMI 1080p and a Dell Ultrasharp U3014.

With the viewsonic windows 10 replaced the native drivers with windows driver and the old driver cannot be installed. Icons and programs increased in size and I had to increase resolution but the resolution is not an equal ratio to the native resolution
    so all images and programs are distorted.

The Dell monitor after the upgrade the desktop icons were so small and fuzzy they were almost eligible. I decreased the resolution but the fuzzy effect is still there. In the Office programs the title bars are too big and in Photoshop the title bars are
    super small. I have played with every setting, resolution, font sizes, advanced settings. I updated where i could display adapters/drivers and monitor drivers. Nothing works.

My short term solution is to revert back to Windows 7. It seems to me Windows 10 is trying to meet the needs of phones tablets, laptops and desktops. It just cannot handle the bigger hardware. Too bad because I like the interface of Win10.

LN55, Aug 7, 2015
  3. db_94 Win User
    Me tile displays fuzzy picture

HI

Just a small issue - I have tried changing my picture fo my me tile several times on my (and my Wifes) 800 but it always displays as fuzzy. Pictures are changed on the live site using my PC, all are of decent resolution but under the required limit but look
    pretty bad on the phone, all other tiles are lovely and sharp, only the "me" tile is fuzzy?

On a side note after last update I'm getting just shy of 4 full days with normal use.

Thanks

CT

db_94, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Resolution after upgrade is bad, fuzzy and ghostly.

1. Resolution after upgrade is bad, fuzzy and ghostly. - Similar Threads - Resolution upgrade bad

2. Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does chrome have such a bad resolution?: Hey, when I launched chrome today I have witnessed that it has a very bad solution, apparently it is 720p because when I go, for example, to Edge or in any other applications it looks "normal". I even changed the high DPI settings in the compatibility setup of chrome and...
  3. Bad performance after upgrading GPU. Desperate.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad performance after upgrading GPU. Desperate.: I’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work. I upgraded my GPU from an RX470 to an RX580 and I’m having issues. The OS is choppy, animations are not smooth at all, and games dont run higher than 40 fps anymore. I’ve reinstalled the drivers several times, tried different...
  4. Windows 10 update removed my 1920x1080 resolution! Screen is fuzzy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update removed my 1920x1080 resolution! Screen is fuzzy: Hi, I have updated wo Windows 10 and now my screen is fuzzy. I noticed the resolution for 1920x1080 is no longer available. I am using LG 24M378/B. I thought it was the monitor, but when I switch to a the same monitor working perfectly on another windows 10 computer, that...
  5. Icons look fuzzy low resolution in Microsoft launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons look fuzzy low resolution in Microsoft launcher: Hi to all I'm using Microsoft Launcher on my Motorola One Macro phone in Android 9, and the system icons look very fuzzy, at a very low resolution, compared with the default launcher Moto Launcher, where they are sharp and looks better. I want to use the system icons, but...
  6. New PC with windows 10 resolution looks fuzzy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC with windows 10 resolution looks fuzzy: Hello, I just built a new PC and upon installing the Windows 10 pro OS the screen looks blurry. Even the 1920x1080 wallpapers that came with the machine look god awful. I've been searching online for the last few days and I can't seem to find a fix that works for me, but...
  7. New PC with windows 10 screen and text resolution looks fuzzy

in Windows 10 Customization
    New PC with windows 10 screen and text resolution looks fuzzy: Hello, I just built a new PC and upon installing the Windows 10 pro OS the screen looks blurry. I've been searching online for the last few days and I can't seem to find a fix that works for me. My specs are below: OS: Windows 10 Pro. - I have the most recent updates....
  8. Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade: Hi, I just got my computer upgraded with some more storage its a 1TB SSD from samsung made for laptops. After I got my computer back from Geek Squad at Best Buy, I had horrible Wi-Fi connection. Before the storage was put in, I got pretty good Wi-Fi and I only used a LAN...
  9. No 4K resolution after upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No 4K resolution after upgrade: Hi all, I upgrade my Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro last night and lost my 3840x2160x30 setup, being reduced back to 1980x1200. *Mad I've since done a clean install and reinstalled the latest drivers for my Samsung U28D590D and My ATI Radeon HD 5770. Nothing i have done has...
  10. Fonts unreadable as fuzzy/burry badly drawn after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fonts unreadable as fuzzy/burry badly drawn after windows 10 upgrade: I replaced the disc in my acer aspire and windows was reinstalled. It has upgraded some drivers and system software like the display software. Now google is unusable and word only just so. Ive changed the resolution and associated settings as per other threads. It doesnt...