Windows 10: Resolution and scaling for 15.6in Monitor

Discus and support Resolution and scaling for 15.6in Monitor in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What scaling I should use for 4K display 3840 x 2160 on laptop with a 15.6in screen. I have tried 300% but the menu in lightroom and photoshop are too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by yousaf465, Dec 31, 2016.

1. yousaf465 Win User

Resolution and scaling for 15.6in Monitor

What scaling I should use for 4K display 3840 x 2160 on laptop with a 15.6in screen. I have tried 300% but the menu in lightroom and photoshop are too small to be readable.

:)

yousaf465, Dec 31, 2016

2. Visual Studio 2013

Thank you Ramesh,

Updating the driver was helpful, made it better but did not solve the problem.

Upon working with this more, with my high resolution monitor on my laptop, I have discovered that it is a scaling issue. I have found a solution that works but is not optimal.

If I reduce the resolution on the monitor and set the scaling to 100% the VS2013 forms display correctly in the designer window. Anything other than 100% scaling distorts the form in the designer window.

If I have the monitor resolution set to it's recommended resolution, this makes things unworkably small.

This is only an issue in VS2013 and no other program.

The recommended settings for my display are 2560 X 1440 resolution with 200% scaling.

Does anyone have a solution for this to be able to use the optimal resolution in VS2013?

RobertEngleman, Dec 31, 2016
  3. Screen display

Is this a standalone monitor? If so, you either need to adjust the screen orientation using the physical monitor controls or adjust your scale/layout and screen resolutions.

Open Start > Settings > System > Display > click in the display listbox and change the scale/layout and resolution to recommended settings.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 31, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

That's a resolution for projectors and 50" TVs, no wander everything so small. Any other, smaller resolution would depend on state of your sight but 1920 by whatever your screen ratio is with 150% would be a good starting point.

CountMike, Dec 31, 2016
  5. yousaf465 Win User
    Which means I can't use the full 4K display ? Can I set it to change to 4K when playing 4K video in VLC or any other media player ? or for viewig pics in 4k ?

yousaf465, Dec 31, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Check your laptop's manual or with it's manufacturer, some have a way of switching resolutions on the fly and/or conditionally just for cases like that. I think that VLC would display in whatever format a video is made for no matter which native resolution is.

CountMike, Dec 31, 2016
  7. yousaf465 Win User
    it is Dell inspirion 15 7559

yousaf465, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Resolution and scaling for 15.6in Monitor - Similar Threads - Resolution scaling 6in

2. How to change monitor display resolution/scaling only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change monitor display resolution/scaling only: As you can see in the picture below, my external monitor is larger than my laptop's display, but windows thinks the display is smaller. Because of this, when I transfer windows from the monitor to the laptop, the sizing is off until it fully realizes it is on the new screen....
  3. How to change monitor display resolution/scaling only

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change monitor display resolution/scaling only: As you can see in the picture below, my external monitor is larger than my laptop's display, but windows thinks the display is smaller. Because of this, when I transfer windows from the monitor to the laptop, the sizing is off until it fully realizes it is on the new screen....
  4. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  5. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  6. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 4k Monitor Windows Scaling Resolution

4k Monitor Windows Scaling Resolution: Hi, I have a 4K 2160 x 3840 monitor for my Windows 10 PC.If i use windows display scaling set at 100%, all the icons are tiny, but when i do a screen resolution test using various websites, the results come back as 2160 x 3840.I used websites such...
  8. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  9. Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor

Resolution & DPI scaling on 32inch monitor: I've got a 32inch monitor, using Windows10. I'm unable to reduce app size and content to less than 100% scaling. Apps are huge and take up lots of real estate on the screen but I am unable to make smaller. Windows 10 version does not let you adjust below 100% Unable to...
  10. Monitor Scaling and resolution

Monitor Scaling and resolution: I have a 2 monitor setup on windows 10. I have a 23.8 inch 1440p monitor, and a 31 inch 1080p television as my second monitor. In the windows display settings menu it assumes the 1080p tv is smaller than the 1440p monitor despite it being the opposite. Is there a way to input...