Windows 10: Resolution automatically reverts

Discus and support Resolution automatically reverts in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey guys so everytime I change my computers resolution, my resolution would change, and then it would go back, and then I would get the revert prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Fir, May 19, 2017.

1. FIR
    Fir Win User

Resolution automatically reverts

Hey guys so everytime I change my computers resolution, my resolution would change, and then it would go back, and then I would get the revert prompt after it already reverted on its own. I tried reinstalling Nvidia drivers but that doesn't work either.

NOTE:
    This actually started a few weeks ago. I downgraded my driver which messed up my GPU and after the Windows logo my computer would black screen. So I booted into safe mode and reinstalled newer drivers.
    After this my monitor started being identified as an "Analog Display" instead of my monitor's name, screen tearing in games, and the problem I mentioned above.

:)

2. Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using another video card. After Windows updates KB4048954 and KB4049001

One additional comment...

When the laptop is booted with the projector connected, the screen resolution is automatically changed from its normal setting of 1366x768 to 1024x768. So it is obvious that the laptop understands that the projector is connected.

Even after Windows finishes booting, the screen resolution stays at 1024x768.

If the laptop is rebooted with the projector disconnected, the screen reverts back to its normal 1366x768 resolution.

DavidWehnes, May 19, 2017
  3. Windows 10 won't start "Attempting to recover installation" then "restoring your previous version..." after update

Thanks for the follow-up.

The steps I took for resolution were very similar to the solution suggested by “Vanessa Sohtun”. I used the media creation tool installed on a USB and was able to access the Repair this version of Windows link.

Automatic Repair didn't work for me, but I was able to "Revert to an earlier version of Windows" from the Troubleshooting screen.

Reverting Windows to the pre-Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 state and resolved the issue.

The Tedinator, May 19, 2017
  4. kimkl Win User

Check device manager, or Nvidia control panel my guess is you will find 2 Displays, the "Org" and the "Analog", i had that issue with Windows 8.1 after "trying" stuff out, and i had a 2 Display in Device Manager, Just tell Nvidia to use the right one, then reboot see if it sticks then go to device manager right click uninstall the analog display, you need to make sure it sticks with the right Display before uninstalling the "wrong", and if this is not the case try updating the drivers on the Analog you prob have to select have disc point to your drivers to get the Analog to revert
    Thank you i hope this made sense *Biggrin

kimkl, May 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Resolution automatically reverts - Similar Threads - Resolution automatically reverts

2. Screen is automatically reverting to Extended Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is automatically reverting to Extended Display: When i try changing my projector screen to Duplicate Display it automatically reverts to extended display. It was working fine yesterday. There was no recent driver updates. Even if there was, i checked everything and it's all up to date. I restarted my laptop. I unplugged...
  3. Screen is automatically reverting to Extended Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is automatically reverting to Extended Display: When i try changing my projector screen to Duplicate Display it automatically reverts to extended display. It was working fine yesterday. There was no recent driver updates. Even if there was, i checked everything and it's all up to date. I restarted my laptop. I unplugged...
  4. Windows 11 keeps reverting to 30Hz on any resolution

Windows 11 keeps reverting to 30Hz on any resolution: Hi, i've had the exact same setup of my pc for a few years now, on Windows 10. Never had any problem, today, I played GTA5 for a while, like always, on 4K 60FPS with V-Sync ON. After I finished playing i decided to go ahead with Windows 11 Upgrade. After which I was curious...
  5. Windows 11 keeps reverting to 30Hz on any resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps reverting to 30Hz on any resolution: Hi, i've had the exact same setup of my pc for a few years now, on Windows 10. Never had any problem, today, I played GTA5 for a while, like always, on 4K 60FPS with V-Sync ON. After I finished playing i decided to go ahead with Windows 11 Upgrade. After which I was curious...
  6. PC name reverts back automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC name reverts back automatically: I renamed my laptop from "Administrator" to my name i.e. "MichaelAndreas". After restarting the laptop, sure it is the name has changed to "MichaelAndreas", but if I restart it for the 2nd time, it reverts back to "Administrator". How so?Additional information, my laptop is...
  7. PC name reverts back automatically

PC name reverts back automatically: I renamed my laptop from "Administrator" to my name i.e. "MichaelAndreas". After restarting the laptop, sure it is the name has changed to "MichaelAndreas", but if I restart it for the 2nd time, it reverts back to "Administrator". How so?Additional information, my laptop is...
  8. Resolution automatically changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resolution automatically changing: I just bought a new computer and have it hooked up via hdmi to a tv. The resolution keeps changing to a smaller resolution but when i click to change the resolution is still says it’s in “1920x1080” ive reinstalled my graphics drivers a couple times. After i restart my...
  9. Display Resolution - automatically change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Resolution - automatically change: I have a Lenovo Yoga C940 2-in-1. Is there a way to automatically change the display resolution (or the size of text, apps…) when switching between laptop mode and tablet mode? I like a higher resolution in laptop mode and larger text size for my fingers in tablet mode. Seems...
  10. Can I revert resolution without display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I revert resolution without display?: I started using chrome remote desktop and it changed my screen resolution in Windows. My monitor then stopped receiving a signal because it was out of range so to try and fix this I deleted the device in the remote desktop app. Now no display works with my PC, can I revert...