Windows 10: resolution changes when I do a screen clipping

Discus and support resolution changes when I do a screen clipping in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a new laptop running Windows 10 (with most recent updates installed) and I'm also using Office 2013 and using a 27 inch external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CODeb, Jun 9, 2016.

1. CODeb Win User

resolution changes when I do a screen clipping

Hi all,
    I have a new laptop running Windows 10 (with most recent updates installed) and I'm also using Office 2013 and using a 27 inch external monitor as my main display - showing desktop only on that external monitor. I did a registry hack to get Windows-Y to take a screen clipping with OneNote in 2013, and it was working great. Then all of a sudden, when I hit the Win-Y key combo, my monitor grays (as is typical) and the image shrinks to a proportion of the screen, so that my screen clips are smaller than what I see on the screen. After the clipping is done, the screen returns to normal.

This also occurred with the OneNote screenclipping tool before I did the registry hack.

When I duplicate displays across my laptop screen and my external monitor, this shrinking does not occur. I prefer not to run my laptop screen at all though, as it is distracting and pulls battery power.

Is there something I can adjust so that I don't get this incredible shrinking screen? Here is an image (as attachment displayed inline) of the TenForums window expanded to take up the entire external monitor. You can see how it shrinks when I take a screenshot.

Thanks!
    Deb
    resolution changes when I do a screen clipping [​IMG]

:)

CODeb, Jun 9, 2016
  2. skinzzy Win User

Optimum resolution for converting DVD's and videos for the n8

Can someone tell me the optimum resolution for converting video clips and DVD's for the nokia n8, so that it makes the most of the native resolution for the screen and also when you open a clip it plays in full screen straight away

thanks

skinzzy, Jun 9, 2016
  3. patc---01 Win User
    Nokia N 75 Problem

Did you get the screen resolution right when you converted the clip?

patc---01, Jun 9, 2016
Thema:

resolution changes when I do a screen clipping

1. resolution changes when I do a screen clipping - Similar Threads - resolution changes screen

2. Can't clip or do a screen grab!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't clip or do a screen grab!: I have a common problem: every time I try to do a screen grab or clip, It FAILS!After some research, it boils down to some settings in 'Services, particularly 'Data Sharing Services' & 'Delivery Optimization'. It is not just a one-time fix. It is every time. I can do 10 clips...
  3. Resolution Changes on Screen when I shut the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution Changes on Screen when I shut the laptop: I have a Dell 5420 connected to a HP USB-C Docking station. I have a HP Z27q connected by HDMI, and a Samsung S34J55x connected by Display port.I am running windows 11. The issue I have is when the screen is open the Samsung displays at 3440 x 1440. when I shut the screen or...
  4. Resolution Changes on Screen when I shut the laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution Changes on Screen when I shut the laptop: I have a Dell 5420 connected to a HP USB-C Docking station. I have a HP Z27q connected by HDMI, and a Samsung S34J55x connected by Display port.I am running windows 11. The issue I have is when the screen is open the Samsung displays at 3440 x 1440. when I shut the screen or...
  5. Expanding across different resolution screens clips top of window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Expanding across different resolution screens clips top of window: [ATTACH] Since the last update I've been having issues with Windows clipping the top portion of my windows. I have a 27" 1440p mointor as my main display and another 24" 1080p to my right. I drag Chrome to fill both screens, however after drag expanding it onto the 1080p...
  6. Change screen resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change screen resolution: Since I installed Win 10 (over Win 7) icons JPGs are distorted- too wide The res recommended for this monitor is not available when I go to personalize on the desktop....
  7. How do I change the screen resolution on my PC

How do I change the screen resolution on my PC: How do I change the screen resolution on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-screen-resolution-on-my-pc/cb9bb1a3-c1e1-45f4-a545-b0655a81d493
  8. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and screen resolution of 800*600. I’d like to increase this resolution so that I will be able to watch some programs. Before the upgrade I used Ubuntu and Windows 8 on this computer and didn’t have any problems with changing resolution...
  9. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  10. Screen resolution will not change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution will not change: My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says "Input not Support". When I tried the help online, it said I need to update the graphics driver, but two attempts to do so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen changes resolution when using screen clipping