Windows 10: Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen

Discus and support Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've had this issue with some games. It doesn't happen in all games, but it's noticeable in some. Screenshot from game below Issue: When I open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FIN1995, Feb 27, 2024.

1. FIN1995 Win User

Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen

Hi, I've had this issue with some games. It doesn't happen in all games, but it's noticeable in some. Screenshot from game below Issue: When I open a game like Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Steam, the game runs fine in terms of resolution, but in a specific part where there's a fullscreen "blue translucent filter" over the image, there's a small strip left unfilled at each edge left, right, top, bottom, and you can see the game image without that "filter".My pc specs:Motherboard= Asus PRIME Z690-P Cpu= Intel Core i5-12600K, LGA1700, 3.70 GHz, 20MB, Boxed Gpu= MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMI

:)

FIN1995, Feb 27, 2024
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen

Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen

1. Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen - Similar Threads - Resolution doesn't always

2. Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution doesn't always fill the game screen: Hi, I've had this issue with some games. It doesn't happen in all games, but it's noticeable in some. Screenshot from game below Issue: When I open a game like Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Steam, the game runs fine in terms of resolution, but in a specific part where there's a...
  3. Screen resolution not correctly detected by games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen resolution not correctly detected by games: All of my games cannot detect full screen resolution options correctly but get -1x-1.Recently all of my games cannot correctly detect my screen resolution. I have a 2560x1440 monitor and it's set to native in Windows. However, if my games run in exclusive full screen mode,...
  4. Screen resolution not correctly detected by games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen resolution not correctly detected by games: All of my games cannot detect full screen resolution options correctly but get -1x-1.Recently all of my games cannot correctly detect my screen resolution. I have a 2560x1440 monitor and it's set to native in Windows. However, if my games run in exclusive full screen mode,...
  5. Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor: My screen resolution is at 1920x1080 but my laptop is 15.6 so I believe the resolution should be 1366x768 if I'm correct. The resolution kinda bugs me because some of the display looks really good but the mouse pointer is very small and I'm aware of changing the mouse pointer...
  6. Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen resolution doesn't match my monitor: My screen resolution is at 1920x1080 but my laptop is 15.6 so I believe the resolution should be 1366x768 if I'm correct. The resolution kinda bugs me because some of the display looks really good but the mouse pointer is very small and I'm aware of changing the mouse pointer...
  7. Smaller resolutions changed from fit to fill?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Smaller resolutions changed from fit to fill?: I was having some issues today trying with valorant because i play at 1920x1080 but my surface book 2 has a 3000x2000 screen. Normally i would scale down and play normally however today everytime i opened valorant the resolution would switch back to 3000x2000 on the desktop....
  8. Display Window Suddenly Doesn't Fill Laptop Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Window Suddenly Doesn't Fill Laptop Screen: Last weekend, I left my Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 plugged in and used my other one for the next few days. Came back to it and had trouble with turning it on. This happened last year during the July 18 Windows Update and I was finally able to get it to boot up again...
  9. Games Are In Low Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Are In Low Screen Resolution: Help All My Games Are In Low Screen Resolution These Games Are Not Made By Xbox Or Supported By Xbox Its Just Plain Old Games I Believe They Are From The 2000s And The Windows Taskbar Shows When I'm Playing Games In Full Screen The Games I Have Is: CueClub Subway Surfurs...
  10. Windows doesn't fill the whole screen. I can always see the desk top behind it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't fill the whole screen. I can always see the desk top behind it.: Every time I go online now the screen is reduced so that the desktop shows behind it. If I click the box in the upper right hand corner to get the double box, it goes to the size it should be but it doesn't stay there. Is there a way to fix this. It's very annoying. I don't...