Windows 10: Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid"

Discus and support Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use "Align Icons to Grid" to line up icons on my Desktop. However, I find the resolution of the grid is too coarse. How can I reduce the icon spacing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Steve C Win User

Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid"

I use "Align Icons to Grid" to line up icons on my Desktop. However, I find the resolution of the grid is too coarse. How can I reduce the icon spacing between icons for the "Align Icons to Grid" option?

:)

Steve C, Dec 23, 2015
  2. noahgebre Win User

Windows 10 keeps resetting my folder view preferences, also keeps aligning my desktop icons into grid.

Using windows 10, and loving it. except for this one little thing. it keeps resetting my preferences of how i want my folder items to be arranged. it keeps changing the view back to "list" even though i repeatedly chose the view to be a "thumbnail". and
    it also keeps auto aligning my desktop icons into a grid(even when the "align icons into grid" is not ticked). can you help me fix this?

noahgebre, Dec 23, 2015
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Everytime I refresh my Desktop the icons Auto Arrange

By default, the desktop is setup to "align icons to grid". Right-Click and Check "View" - Untick that option if you don't want it to react that way.

Erdeslawe, Dec 23, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Dec 24, 2015
  5. Steve C Win User
    The first fix worked but there is no obvious relationship between the number entered and the actual icon spacing. I find I can set a lower vertical icon spacing to enable icons to be placed on the lowest desktop row but the icon titles then overlap when the title is on two rows.

I tried DesktopOK but it keeps crashing on my PC so I won't use it. I used DesktopOK_x64. Is that the correct version to use?

Steve C, Dec 24, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    That's what I'm using on my Win 10 Pro X64 system.

What kind of error are you getting.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid" - Similar Threads - Resolution Align Icons

2. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.: All the icons on my Windows 10 desktop are spaced too far apart. As a result some icons are not even visible. When I right click on the desktop>view>align icons to grid. Nothing happens. It's the same with 'auto arrange icons'. Neither command seems to work. If I select small...
  3. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.: All the icons on my Windows 10 desktop are spaced too far apart. As a result some icons are not even visible. When I right click on the desktop>view>align icons to grid. Nothing happens. It's the same with 'auto arrange icons'. Neither command seems to work. If I select small...
  4. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop icons alignment and grid sizing inoperable. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons alignment and grid sizing inoperable. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control...: Desktop icons alignment and grid sizing inoperable.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics location is empty. Updated OS, no help....
  6. alignment grid

alignment grid: I suddenly have a grid on my desktop. It's 9 rectangles and says it's an alignment grid. How do I get rid of this? I have no idea what brought it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alignment-grid/dacf4cde-40a0-41cb-bcad-b447e37702c5
  7. Align to Grid Disabled, but desktop icons STILL snapping to a grid after Windows 10 update

Align to Grid Disabled, but desktop icons STILL snapping to a grid after Windows 10 update: Hi! I have Windows 10 and it just did an update againt my wishes, if I can permanetly disable that I would!. The update was about 20 minutes and when it was finished, all appeared normal until I saved a file to my desktop and realized that all my icons were repositioned....
  8. Alignment grid

Alignment grid: I really need to get rid of the alignment grid. It is driving me crazy, and I don't know how it turned on! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/alignment-grid/bd77425b-f130-4288-9e60-6c91462890ae
  9. Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange: My desktop icons are aligning on the left of my desktop. When I try to move them, they snap back to where they were. So, I tried right-clicking the desktop thinking I would uncheck "Align icons to grid". That option was not checked, and neither was "Auto arrange icons". I...
  10. Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...