Windows 10: Resolution keeps dropping at login

Discus and support Resolution keeps dropping at login in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey folks, weird problem here. I have a dell ultrasharp monitor hooked up via DisplayPort to my desktop, which is running 64 bit Win 10. Graphics card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mattyvmd, Oct 3, 2015.

1. mattyvmd Win User

Resolution keeps dropping at login

Hey folks, weird problem here. I have a dell ultrasharp monitor hooked up via DisplayPort to my desktop, which is running 64 bit Win 10. Graphics card is a Radeon 200 series (specifically an R9 270x) with up-to-date drivers. Pretty much every time I have to login to windows, my resolution drops to the lowest possible and the only way that I have been able to get it to revert is to unplug the displayport cable from the back of the monitor and plug it back in - instantly fixes it. Thinking caps on - how do I fix this?

:)

mattyvmd, Oct 3, 2015

2. huge screen windows 10

Hi,

You can try Changing the Screen Resolution of Display in Control Panel and check if that helps:

To change your screen resolution

• Go to Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking
      Adjust screen resolution.

• Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click
      Apply.

• Click Keep to use the new resolution, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.

Anannya Podder, Oct 3, 2015
  3. Can't sign in with other users on Windows 10

Thank you for this information. For us to provide the best resolution possible, please clarify the following:

• Have you checked if there's an Other Accounts or Others option on the login screen?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot of the login screen?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Oct 3, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Dude, Oct 3, 2015
  5. mattyvmd Win User
    I walked through a clean boot, disabled some stuff that just didn't need to be running, but nothing was flagged as set to run in reduced resolution. The extensive registry editing thing other didn't work because some of the flags he was referring to didn't exist for me. Any other thoughts?

mattyvmd, Oct 7, 2015
  6. KACI Win User
    Try connecting via hdmi or DVI and see it the problem's still there.

KACI, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Resolution keeps dropping at login - Similar Threads - Resolution keeps dropping

2. wifi keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps dropping: dell laptop wifi problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-keeps-dropping/779f8cd1-6a40-4fbb-9113-5c86b9f043f6
  3. Network keeps dropping

Network keeps dropping: I have a very irritating problem. My network drops recently every 15 minutes and I dont know why. It is stable before and I dont have this issue with my other device in the house. This is a desktop connected with LAN cable. I tried to un plug and plug back in the cable but...
  4. Network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network keeps dropping: I have a very irritating problem. My network drops recently every 15 minutes and I dont know why. It is stable before and I dont have this issue with my other device in the house. This is a desktop connected with LAN cable. I tried to un plug and plug back in the cable but...
  5. Network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network keeps dropping: I just upgrade to Windows 11 and somehow I manage to get everything and I was able to work properly even the interface is quite different. The only problem I have is my internet is keeps dropping for a while i dont know which is causing the issue but I need stable internet....
  7. network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network keeps dropping: I just upgrade to Windows 11 and somehow I manage to get everything and I was able to work properly even the interface is quite different. The only problem I have is my internet is keeps dropping for a while i dont know which is causing the issue but I need stable internet....
  8. Internet keeps dropping

Internet keeps dropping: My internet connection keeps going off and on line. I have restarted my computer and reset the router, troubleshoot the connection and it comes back with no problems. Still getting dropped connections...
  9. Screen resolution rapidly drops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution rapidly drops: When I am playing some steam games, the screen resolution rapidly drops to 600 from approximately 1080. I know that my software on Radeon RX 580 is up to date, the drivers are also updated...
  10. Resolution dropped - and no option to increase

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution dropped - and no option to increase: I have a PC with an NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti graphics card, and use a Samsung S23C650 monitor . This is normally set to resolution of 1920 x 1080 Today I run IOBIT driver update - and it updated some drivers ... and now my screen resolution is way off ... set to 1024 x 768. If...