Windows 10: Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change

Discus and support Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I changed the resolution of my second monitor (Emmrson 19" TV, my first monitor is a BenQ 27") and now it no longer fits on the screen, even if I put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Pixelshroom, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change

I changed the resolution of my second monitor (Emmrson 19" TV, my first monitor is a BenQ 27") and now it no longer fits on the screen, even if I put it back to the resolution it was in before. I have tried to change the scaling on it but that didn't work.

Also, as soon as I unplug the first monitor the original resolution works again.

:)

Pixelshroom, Jan 9, 2017

2. Issues with the second monitor as it shows black screen

Original Title: Second Monitor Black Screen

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 with a 1920x1080 resolution monitor connected via HDMI. I recently connected a second monitor via VGA with an unknown resolution (Windows usually defaults it to 1024x768). After a bit of messing around I was able to get both monitors
    working via Extend Displays. However, I changed the resolution on the second monitor, leading to it going black. I tried changing the resolution back to how it was but nothing happened. The monitor itself is fine and when I change other settings (show only
    on 2, duplicate displays) the monitor works and displays everything fine. It only doesn't work when I extend the display. I have tried changing the display to different resolutions (higher and lower) and nothing happens (the main monitor works fine). I tried
    disconnecting everything but nothing works. Is there some sort of solution to my problem?

Update:

I restarted the computer and the first two screens (the manufacturer's logo and the first loading screen) appeared on both monitors, but after that the second one was black.

avanhandel, Jan 9, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    1080p resolution problem

If you change the video resolution to anything other than the monitor's native resolution, the image is going to be messed up. It's like serving a 10 inch cake on an 8 inch platter.

BulldogXX, Jan 9, 2017
  4. batlhilz Win User

Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change

TV is plugged in via HDMI? then its the overscan option (as the problem is that the picture will cut out from each side?) that has to be disabled? tried that yet?

batlhilz, Jan 9, 2017
  5. Are you in Duplicate or Extend, Windows logo key *Start + P.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change

1. Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change - Similar Threads - Resolution second monitor

2. Second monitor resolution issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second monitor resolution issues: Hi, I have a problem with the resolution of my second monitor. I work with two monitors which I switch between occasionally, but I can't seem to find the right resolution for either one. The first monitor is pioneer PDP-lx5090, and the second monitor is a sony kdl-32w705b. My...
  3. My Screen resolution is messed up...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Screen resolution is messed up...: My 1920x1080p monitor is messed up in some way I don't know how. I've been running it on 1842x1036 for it to work properly but I updated windows recently and it removed that option and when I set the resolution to that in Nvidia Control Panel It no longer fits my screen my...
  4. Messed up Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up Screen Resolution: My entire screen resolution becomes really weird and messed up looks like vertical lines whenever I'm on playing a video on YouTube or in a Zoom meeting, but as soon as I go to another tab or even simply scroll down to the comments section on Youtube, it goes back to normal....
  5. Changing resolution in second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing resolution in second monitor: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 laptop. I have hooked up a second monitor, and I get the "Input Not Supported" message on the second monitor an older Acer monitor. I believe I can get rid of it by changing the resolution on the second monitor, but I can't figure out...
  6. Second monitor has wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor has wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...
  7. Second monitor, wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor, wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...
  8. Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor

Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor: Dear forum users, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X200 tablet computer with Windows 10 in use. I usually use two monitors (including the screen from the computer itself) which work fine normally. Sometimes, after I connect the computer to a project to give a presentation, then...
  9. Can't change monitor resolution

Can't change monitor resolution: During the install Windows 10 chose an incorrect monitor size. It chose a 19" and I have a 25". The resolution is set to 1024x768 nothing is displaying correctly. I need a 1900x1200 resolution but the drop down selector is greyed out and gives me no options other than the...
  10. Blurry Monitor after resolution change

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Monitor after resolution change: Hi. I've read through a number of similar problems but can't find a solution. I have a 28 inch Samsung 4K monitor but was running it on its recommended resolution of 1920x1080. Everything looked clear and good. I switched it to 4K to see what the difference was. Since I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows connecting second display messes up resolution

2. scaling on second monitor messed up

3. windows preview monitor setting messed up on 2nd monitor