Windows 10: Resolution setting is grayed out in Display Settings. Windows 10 laptop with external monitor

Discus and support Resolution setting is grayed out in Display Settings. Windows 10 laptop with external monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I connected my windows 10 laptop to a V7 D22W12 monitor. The driver of the monitor is Non-PNP Generic. Maximum resolution of this monitor is 1680... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mohammad Mahdi Rostamiani, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Resolution setting is grayed out in Display Settings. Windows 10 laptop with external monitor

Hi

I connected my windows 10 laptop to a V7 D22W12 monitor.

The driver of the monitor is Non-PNP Generic.

Maximum resolution of this monitor is 1680 x 1050 But I only have 1366 x 768 option and it's grayed out. How can I get the maximum resolution?

This is how it looks:

Resolution setting is grayed out in Display Settings. Windows 10 laptop with external monitor 75f15f52-6ea4-4ecd-ab41-80f3e5e95234?upload=true.jpg

I checked resolutions on Advanced Display Settings. It looks like this:

Resolution setting is grayed out in Display Settings. Windows 10 laptop with external monitor 6f485fa3-145f-4806-b028-0b8294625157?upload=true.jpg

:)

Mohammad Mahdi Rostamiani, Jul 19, 2018

2. External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings (at the bottom). Select the monitor you want to change the resolution on, then change the resolution setting in the drop down list.

alphanumeric, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Tony K Win User
    Different resolution for laptop screen/external monitor?

Hi there. I dual monitor, but on a tower (see my system specs below).

I think this may depend on your graphics driver and build.

If I open Settings app > System > Display > I get this to highlight either monitor to change either one. This is in extended mode. Some settings get greyed out depending on highlighted monitor.

Tutorial on the subject: Change Screen Resolution of Display in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Resolution setting is grayed out in Display Settings. Windows 10 laptop with external monitor [​IMG]

Resolution setting is grayed out in Display Settings. Windows 10 laptop with external monitor [​IMG]

Tony K, Jul 19, 2018
  4. delpi767 Win User

Resolution setting is grayed out in Display Settings. Windows 10 laptop with external monitor

No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update.

I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one display is shown.

I have confirmed that the monitor works by trying it with another laptop. I have also changed the HDMI cable between the laptop and the external monitor.

Device manager reports that I have the latest display driver installed.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

delpi767, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Resolution setting is grayed out in Display Settings. Windows 10 laptop with external monitor

1. Resolution setting is grayed out in Display Settings. Windows 10 laptop with external monitor - Similar Threads - Resolution setting grayed

2. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  3. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  4. 2nd Display Resolution setting grayed out, Display fixed to 640x480

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Display Resolution setting grayed out, Display fixed to 640x480: Hi there, asking for your help!I use my Lenovo T14 Laptop PC connected via USB-C to a docking station.Through the docking station I connect to 1 display with HDMI, and 2nd with DP adapter.This 2nd Display suddenly changed it resolution to 640x480, and the setting is grayed...
  5. 2nd Display Resolution setting grayed out, Display fixed to 640x480

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Display Resolution setting grayed out, Display fixed to 640x480: Hi there, asking for your help!I use my Lenovo T14 Laptop PC connected via USB-C to a docking station.Through the docking station I connect to 1 display with HDMI, and 2nd with DP adapter.This 2nd Display suddenly changed it resolution to 640x480, and the setting is grayed...
  6. External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP): Hi, Firstly, this is my first post so apologies if this has been asked/addressed before (I have searched but to no avail)... Some specs: Dell Precision 7520 Laptop Windows 10 Pro Intel Core i7-7820HQ (4 Core), 2.9 GHz (3.9 GHz Max Turbo) 32 GB (2x 16 GB), DDR 4, 2400 MHz Ram...
  7. Windows 10 settings window grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings window grayed out: Beginning of the issue was that my spotlight image doesn't change so I follow the steps from the link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-spotlight-lock-screen-picture-wont-change/443cc26c-29f1-4481-80c9-6fb7130f6191 After follow...
  8. how to set resolution on multiple monitor display

how to set resolution on multiple monitor display: I have multiple monitors and had difficulty in setting resolution to be the same when I am in extended view. what is the sequence of steps to accomplish this in Windows 10...
  9. windows resolution display settings

windows resolution display settings: hi, can anyone help I have been through all resolution setting including windows suggestion which is 1920x1080 and nothing seems to fit? to a look at properties, i think all seem to work there. is there some i have missed or some think blinding obvious ill be looking...
  10. Laptop and External Monitor - 2 settings - Setup Scale/Resolution Help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop and External Monitor - 2 settings - Setup Scale/Resolution Help: Hey All, I'm having issues setting this up. I have a laptop that I use as my main workstation using a 27" monitor as the main display, while the laptop display is off. The resolution is 2560x1440. I have the resolution and scaling setup perfectly for the few programs I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 resolution greyed out

2. display resolution greyed out

3. why is the resolution option grayed out

4. options greyed out when trying to adjust screen resolution on second monitor,
  5. can not change screen resolution windows 10 surface book greyed out,
  6. windows 10 display settings greyed out,
  7. windows resolution greyed out,
  8. resolution greyed out windows 10,
  9. resolution settings greyed out,
  10. secondary monitor option is greyed out,
  11. display resolution greyed out windows 10,
  12. windows 10 make this my default display greyed out,
  13. surface laptop 3 monitor resolution grayed out,
  14. screen resolution is greyed out ThinkPad win 10,
  15. is is video resolution in windows 10 grayed out