Windows 10: Resolving HDD issues flagged by CrystalDiskInfo

Discus and support Resolving HDD issues flagged by CrystalDiskInfo in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I installed and ran CrystalDiskInfo and got the following "amber" warnings: Reallocated Sectors Count - Current: 100; Worst: 100; Threshold: 50; Raw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by windhoek2010, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Resolving HDD issues flagged by CrystalDiskInfo

I installed and ran CrystalDiskInfo and got the following "amber" warnings:
    • Reallocated Sectors Count - Current: 100; Worst: 100; Threshold: 50; Raw Values: 000000001B18
    • Current Pending Sector Count - Current: 100; Worse: 100; Threshold: 0; Raw Values: 000000002468

The full report is below:

Resolving HDD issues flagged by CrystalDiskInfo [​IMG]

I'm not sure if it is only the two amber status dots that are of concern, or if all the listed items are a problem -- I notice they all exceed the threshold.

Is there anything I can do to fix these issues, apart from getting a new HDD?

:)

windhoek2010, Jul 25, 2017
  2. BossDweeb Win User

amdkmdap stopped responding and Application ???.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.

Yes, the new hardware may well sort out your problems. If not, you need to do the hard yards

regarding software conflicts.

If you have not already, I would still run tests on the HDD/SSD as well.

In addition to testing the HDD/SSD with Windows disk check, Crystal Disk Info shows details for a number

of parameters that can lead to issues.

I have a couple of old HDD's that I use for extra backups because they have yellow flags on one or two items,

and I found that while Win7 did not have an issue with them, Win10 seems to want to 'fix' (but fails to)

them all the time, particularly when I ran a WIn10 Clone on one of them .

CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

BossDweeb, Jul 25, 2017
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    PC didn't start correctly. Windows 10

Have you run Window disk error check tool to verify there are no problems with your HDD/SSD ?

(R/click on the drive in This PC and select Properties > Tools).

Crystal Disk Info is also handy for determining a drives state of health.

I have two old HDD's that I was using to clone my Windows to as backup. Crystal Disk Info showed a

couple of yellow flags on these drives, and Win10 has issues with them when trying to run Windows.

I had to stop using them because Win10 was always wanting to, but failing to repair them.

Win7 didn't seem so concerned with the state of the drives, but at least there may be less worry about being

caught out with a sudden death of a HDD/SSD on Win10 ?

CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

BossDweeb, Jul 25, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Resolving HDD issues flagged by CrystalDiskInfo

There are more studies available on crystal disk such as the error scan. Since you did not run this scan please run these software studies:

1) Run HDTune
    HD Tune website

to check the health, scan for errors,

no quick scan but full scan

run a benchmark

It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.

When above is done please make screenshots of the following:
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark
    including the following:
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage

Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

2) Run Sea tools for windows on your drive using SMART, short and long generic tests:

How to use SeaTools for Windows

http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/

How to use SeaTools for Windows

zbook, Jul 25, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    All Yellow and Red are caution marks, those 2 are bad parts of disk surface and are terminal, can't be repaired. Disk could still be used but it's not to be trusted any more. In my experience they will just grow in numbers.

CountMike, Jul 25, 2017
  6. I ran HD Tune and here are the screenshots:

Note that my error scan ran for 5+ hours but didn't complete. But it found over 800 errors. Is this curtains for my HDD?

windhoek2010, Jul 25, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    Pretty much it's a door nail, Kicked the bucket and put a down payment to buy a farm. Get stuff out of it as soon as possible.

CountMike, Jul 25, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Your only option is to replace the disk. Fortunately 'C6 Uncorrectable Sector Count' is (for now) still 0. You should be able to make a system image of this disk so you can restore it to the new one. Make an image now, while you still can! Macrium Reflect (free) is the method most here recommend, but even Windows' built-in 'make a system image' would give you a chance to save an image before the disk (inevitably) fails on you.

9. zbook New Member
    If the drive develops problems in the partition you may have problems booting.
    Backup files as soon as possible.
    Make an image with Macrium: Macrium Software | Your image is everything
    Make sure the Macrium image is saved to another drive.
    Using a hard drive enclosure may be another option in case you develop boot failure before saving the files or making an image.
    There are additional drive tests such as DST or short and long generic. Sea tools will confirm problems with the SMART and you can also run the Sea tools short and long generic to see if they are problematic too.

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Resolving HDD issues flagged by CrystalDiskInfo - Similar Threads - Resolving HDD issues

2. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal: 5/9/2023 our firewalls getting threat intelligence feed from Talos flagged "ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8" as malicious and triggered DNS poisining attack in our environment we would like to confirm that 209.197.3.8 is indeed used by Microsoft and if...
  3. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal: 5/9/2023 our firewalls getting threat intelligence feed from Talos flagged "ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8" as malicious and triggered DNS poisining attack in our environment we would like to confirm that 209.197.3.8 is indeed used by Microsoft and if...
  4. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DNS RESOLVE ISSUES

DNS RESOLVE ISSUES: I have An Ad with 2 DC with DNS , I have Some servers which needs to go on internet , but not others. IF i configure Forwarders all Servers will resolve public DNS queries .If I am adding secondary DNS as public DNS , public DNS queries are not resolved , If i Move it to the...
  6. general great resolve for an issue may be a resolve for many issues.

general great resolve for an issue may be a resolve for many issues.: This resolve on another issue which helped me as well is actual an all purpose fix for more than a mouse problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-randomly-slowed-down-cant-get-it-as-fast-as/1d60bf9c-8543-42c6-8092-fbd445294752Shouldn't this be part...
  7. general great resolve for an issue may be a resolve for many issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    general great resolve for an issue may be a resolve for many issues.: This resolve on another issue which helped me as well is actual an all purpose fix for more than a mouse problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-randomly-slowed-down-cant-get-it-as-fast-as/1d60bf9c-8543-42c6-8092-fbd445294752Shouldn't this be part...
  8. Resolving ndis.sys issue

Resolving ndis.sys issue: Is there a way to resolve this? [IMG] Vijay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolving-ndissys-issue/0ee12fb6-5fa6-4e5e-ac0c-1e27a47a09b0
  9. CrystalDiskInfo report: Is it a healthy drive?

CrystalDiskInfo report: Is it a healthy drive?: Hello. I am being skeptical of how my HDD is working. Here is the report I got: Code: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CrystalDiskInfo 7.5.1 (C) 2008-2018 hiyohiyo Crystal Dew World : Crystal Dew World...
  10. Partition/Volume on HDD 'flagged' as removable drive

Partition/Volume on HDD 'flagged' as removable drive: The single (MBR) HDD in this machine is partitioned for OS (dual boot) and data (multiple). I noticed in the context menu that the partition used to store software install packages has a Open Autoplay pick whereas the OS and Data partitions do not (as expected). [img]...