Windows 10: Restart does not complete / activate Fall update

Discus and support Restart does not complete / activate Fall update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It seems that the CFU has downloaded OK and one notification says a restart is required to complete the update. It does not work, even after restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by clayto, Dec 7, 2017.

1. clayto Win User

Restart does not complete / activate Fall update

It seems that the CFU has downloaded OK and one notification says a restart is required to complete the update. It does not work, even after restarting many times. Sometimes there is error 0x8024a112. How can I get the update to complete, from 1703 to 1709?

Windows 10 64 bit (Creators)

:)

clayto, Dec 7, 2017
  2. dirknel Win User

restart does not complete

phone installed an update.
    then went to "restart" mode
    showed mechanical wheels for approximately 20 mins non-stop even after removing battery. same screen continued one battery replaced

then after approxm 40 mins screen now goes black with white nokia name appearing as if wanting to restart but restart does not complete

dirknel, Dec 7, 2017
  3. Andreiaz. Win User
    restart does not complete

Hi dirknel,

Thank you for posting at the community.

I hope you had fixed the issue above, anyway if you still have it please try to soft reset the phone by

holding down the Volume Down + Power button for 10 seconds until the phone restarts and vibrates.

If the soft reset does not resolve the issue, you could try a hard reset using the following button combination. Press and hold the Camera + Volume Down + Power until the phone vibrates. Then release the Power ket and keep pressing the Camera + Volume Down
    for a few seconds.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Andreiaz

Andreiaz., Dec 7, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

You can download the Iso file and install it from within Windows.

This is just my opinion clayto, but I wouldn`t rush the FCU *Smile

AddRAM, Dec 7, 2017
  5. clayto Win User
    Thanks for your response. I gave it another try, it took a long time but it is now installed. I am surprised how much it has 'damaged' my existing setup, such as deleting most of my desktop icons. In particular I cannot find the MS Store or its icon. On the other hand it has resolved some other long-standing issues.

clayto, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Restart does not complete / activate Fall update - Similar Threads - Restart does complete

2. The windows kb5005565 update does not complete install upon restart to update, anyone else...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The windows kb5005565 update does not complete install upon restart to update, anyone else...: I have tried numerous ways to try and fix this and nothing worked, pc does a restart automatically at 7% complete then the update fails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-kb5005565-update-does-not-complete/6a8d2cce-917e-4837-bddf-5e4290bba9b1
  3. Update does not complete

Update does not complete: I have twice tried to do an update. Each time it gets to91% and nothing more happens. Last night is stuck at 91% for 12 hours. When I reboot, there is a message stating that changes are being deleted. Here is the update info. [ATTACH]...
  4. windows update issue- downloads, installs and restarts but install does not complete

windows update issue- downloads, installs and restarts but install does not complete: hi, I am facing a very annoying windows update error, troubleshooter does not fix it either. I was prompted to update windows a few weeks back and I began by downloading. It successfully downloads and installs, then it prompts me to restarts, on restarting the windows update...
  5. Activation problems After Creators fall Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems After Creators fall Update: I have a dual boot home built system with current parts, which has two separate bootable SSD disks, each containing separate retail copies copies if Windows 10 (one Pro x64 and the other home x386). The reason for the two copies of windows is that the 32 bit allows for older...
  6. fall update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    fall update: I still didn't get the fall update has anybody else have the same problem thank you 30237
  7. on a restart Fall Creators Update reopens apps from before

in Windows 10 Support
    on a restart Fall Creators Update reopens apps from before: After a Restart, all the apps that I had open and running before shutting down are reopened (and all tabs in a browser, if that's one of the apps that was open before). In Creators Update this didn't happen, apps were closed on shutting down and stayed that way on a restart....
  8. Fall Update

Fall Update: Hi guys. My desktop will not accept the Fall update. The automatic assistant keeps trying and falling over and I have made an ISO on my spare usb drive. No matter what I do it restarts and black screens with no cursor. I have followed so many workarounds and it always ends up...
  9. Fall creators update: PC doesn't restart

Fall creators update: PC doesn't restart: ...and a dialog box pops up saying "Windows 10 installation has failed". Upgrading via the MCT on a 1703 PC. 95860
  10. After Fall Creators Update Bluetooth becomes completely wonky

in Windows 10 Support
    After Fall Creators Update Bluetooth becomes completely wonky: I am not sure if this is speaker fault or Windows but co operation between my UE Boom Bluetooth speaker and Windows both 7 and 10 was always crappy to put it mildly. However after installing latest Fall Creators Update problem became really annoying. Prior to the update...