Windows 10: Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot)

Discus and support Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good afternoon, Since couple of days my desktop PC has a problem that does not compromise its use but rather annoying When I press the button to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by silver9599, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot)

Good afternoon,
    Since couple of days my desktop PC has a problem that does not compromise its use but rather annoying
    When I press the button to turn it on it immediately restarts showing a black screen and after this reboot it starts booting up windows quickly and without problems
    There is absolutely no problem or slowdown during use
    The bios is updated to the latest version and there is no overclock applied
    The only thing I noticed is in the event log that shows the error that gives the title to this topic
    How can I fix it?
    Many thanks in advance

:)

silver9599, Jul 8, 2017

2. Windows 10 boots up with black screen with blinking cursor and then loads up windows like normal (why is their a black screen)

Try Enable\Disable secure boot in your BIOS. The boot black screen is the boot loader which is normally manipulated or changed to show the manufacturers name before booting into windows.

OctavianQR, Jul 8, 2017
  3. Lt Merc Win User
    Windows didn't load correctly

Hi

I booted up as you said however pressing F8 during boot simply brought up a boot menu with which drive to boot with. I chose the drive with windows 10 installed. It went to a black screen then back to the bios logo then said it was diagnosing my PC and said
    it did not start correctly. I went into command prompt as instructed. See attached a picture of command prompt after completing the command lines. I can launch into safe mode without issue. However it will not let me stay in normal desktop for more than a
    minute before the disconnect sound happens and the screen goes black before the computer restarts.

Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot) [​IMG]

Lt Merc, Jul 8, 2017
  4. Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot)

Hi silver9599. Welcome to the TenForums @silver9599.

First thing I would do is look in Windows Update history and see what was delivered to you. Start with a couple of days before issue started.

I would suggest seeing if Windows Fast Startup is causing an issue. To do this I would shut off hibernation as a fast test.

At a command prompt(Admin) enter

powercfg -h off

This shuts off hibernation which disables Fast Startup. Test.

To turn hibernation back on

Powercfg -h on

Caledon Ken, Jul 8, 2017
  5. Thanks for your help *Smile
    I've already disabled both hibernation and sleep mode so do I still need to do that ?
    Whereas about Windows update..I have just reinstalled windows 10 thinking it was a driver problem but the clean OS installation did not fix the problem so I have just some drivers downloads and two or three updates installed

silver9599, Jul 8, 2017
  6. No if you hibernation off then Fast Startup is not causing issue.

So if i understand you clean installed 10? Correct?

To see if you are current, Windows key + R, type winver, enter.

Are any devices reporting issues in Device Manager, little yellow signs?

Caledon Ken, Jul 8, 2017
  7. I solved the problem by disabling hibernation in cmd and in that way the fast boot option

silver9599, Jul 9, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot)

I believe you, but don't confuse the option of showing Hibernation on the Power Button with turning Hibernation off. If hibernation were truly OFF, you would never see the option to disable Fast Startup. Fast Startup is dependent on hibernation being on. The only certain way to make sure hibernation is gone is to run powercfg -h off at a command prompt. That will eliminate the options for Fast Startup & Hibernation, and delete the mega GB hiberfil.sys from the system.

f14tomcat, Jul 9, 2017
  9. Thanks for clearing my ideas and yes hibernation was then still on
    Sorry for my mistake and thanks a lot again

silver9599, Jul 9, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    *Thumbs You're welcome!

f14tomcat, Jul 9, 2017
  11. So your suggestion was right
    Thanks you a lot

silver9599, Jul 9, 2017
  12. Glad the forum could help. Thanks for marking solved.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot)

1. Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot) - Similar Threads - Restart during boot

2. black screen during boot up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen during boot up?: I was gaming on my computer a couple months ago and it just shut down out of no where. Ever since then, every time I restart or shut down and boot up my computer, it shows a black screen with a little gray rectangle on it for a little bit before it shows the Gigabyte boot...
  3. black screen during boot up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen during boot up?: I was gaming on my computer a couple months ago and it just shut down out of no where. Ever since then, every time I restart or shut down and boot up my computer, it shows a black screen with a little gray rectangle on it for a little bit before it shows the Gigabyte boot...
  4. black screen during boot up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  6. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  7. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button

Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button: This is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on a brand new MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX with a brand new Ryzen 5 3600.During Windows install, the computer would restart normally. Now that install is complete, Windows just restarts to a black screen no signal detected and the LED on...
  9. Long Black Screen before Boot

Long Black Screen before Boot: Excellent. Yes Brink's tutorial provide a lot of information.
  10. Black screen on boot before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot before login screen: Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442 The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen". I've booted into safe mode and changed the startup up to diagnostic boot and it gets further. When in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the login...