Windows 10: Restart function problem

Discus and support Restart function problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, guys im on windows 10 with all the latest patches, whenever i try to restart the system by going to "start menu - power - restart" it will always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cronogr, Sep 4, 2015.

1. cronogr Win User

Restart function problem

Hi, guys im on windows 10 with all the latest patches, whenever i try to restart the system by going to "start menu - power - restart" it will always send me to "choose an option screen" and won't do a proper restart is there anyway to fix this ? cause some days ago it was working perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance

:)

cronogr, Sep 4, 2015
  2. Jose Est Win User

restart function

Hi,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. You might see a blue screen with a message that your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart or the system just freezes.

Refer to this link to troubleshoot blue screen errors.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Sep 4, 2015
  3. restart function

2 days ago I was having problems installing updates to windows 10 build1607 the help desk consultant advised that I did not have my updates function set to automatic and also that the updates I was trying to install did not match the windows 10 build. The
    consultant took over my computer and installed build 1703.

Since then I have numerous malfunctions mainly relating to third party apps but the main problem is that when I use the start button to restart my computer the system freezes; a blue screen appears with the word "restarting" in white but nothing further
    happens even after a couple of hours. Scannow could find nothing wrong but DISM froze at 89.5%. I would be grateful for any advice that can solve this problem.

anonymus_812, Sep 4, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Restart function problem

Which 'choose an option screen'? When exactly does it appear? What does it look like? Screenshot please

Edit: And welcome to the forum *Smile

WhyMe, Sep 4, 2015
  5. cronogr Win User
    Simple start button -> power -> restart will send me to the options in the picture i attached

cronogr, Sep 4, 2015
  6. pyramid10 Win User
    I get that "options" screen ONLY when I press the 'Shift' key before clicking on 'Restart'.

pyramid10, Sep 4, 2015
  7. cronogr Win User
    yes i know, but guess what im not pressing shift Restart function problem :p This problem occured to me multiple times and every time to solve it i was reinstalling w10...

cronogr, Sep 4, 2015
  8. Hydranix Win User

Restart function problem

Try this, open command prompt as administrator.

Type these commands:
    Code: mountvol U: /s chkdsk U: /X Shutdown /f /r[/quote]

Hydranix, Sep 4, 2015
  9. WhyMe Win User
    Hi,

Just to confirm:
    Does this only happen on a restart (warm boot)?
    When you do a cold boot does she start up correctly, enter Windows and everything functions correctly?

WhyMe, Sep 4, 2015
  10. cronogr Win User
    exactly !

cronogr, Sep 4, 2015
  11. cronogr Win User
    [/quote] mountvol gives me this error The parameter is incorrect

cronogr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Restart function problem

1. Restart function problem - Similar Threads - Restart function problem

2. Windows stops functioning after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stops functioning after restart: I turned on my computer today, and suddenly windows won’t run any startup apps, won’t run any programs. As long as I don’t try to run an app, I can explore files, copy and past, delete and rename folders, but as soon as I run a program. It freezes up. I re-installed windows...
  3. Windows stops functioning after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stops functioning after restart: I turned on my computer today, and suddenly windows won’t run any startup apps, won’t run any programs. As long as I don’t try to run an app, I can explore files, copy and past, delete and rename folders, but as soon as I run a program. It freezes up. I re-installed windows...
  4. Windows stops functioning after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with insert function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with insert function: I want to enter the TEXTJOIN in insert fuction but it dosent give me that option.How do I insert that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-insert-function/4252afac-ad3a-4dee-b56d-02241156087e
  6. Problem with insert function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with insert function: I want to enter the TEXTJOIN in insert fuction but it dosent give me that option.How do I insert that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-insert-function/4252afac-ad3a-4dee-b56d-02241156087e
  7. Problem with insert function

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows restart/shutdown is not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows restart/shutdown is not functioning correctly: Whenever I turn on my PC everything boots just fine, but when I go to shutdown, Windows will shutdown, but not my computer, the lights are still on, it just keeps running. the only way to get back into windows is to manually power cycle it in order to get back into windows....
  9. Restart problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restart problem: [IMG]It has been stock for a long time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-problem/44fb778b-3e62-43ca-9c5d-412d3ed0f539
  10. Function Discovery Provider Host Problems on Start-up or Restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Function Discovery Provider Host Problems on Start-up or Restart: Hello, I was experiencing problems with viewing a computer on my network. After searching and troubleshooting, I found the problem was linked to the Function Discovery Provider Host service. Even after making sure it was running and set to Automatic / Automatic Delayed...