Windows 10: restart is nightmare for installation!

Discus and support restart is nightmare for installation! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Nine times I have failed in installing Windows 10. When I reach the circle and percent screen and Copying Files is done, the computer restarts. When it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harvard, Jul 31, 2015.

1. harvard Win User

restart is nightmare for installation!

Nine times I have failed in installing Windows 10. When I reach the circle and percent screen and Copying Files is done, the computer restarts. When it loads back, surely the blue Windows sign and the loop appear. Then they disappear. Then a black screen stays there forever. What should I do for God's sake???

:)

harvard, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Dennis L Win User

Battery drains to 0% after shutdown

Hello, This whole thing is an ongoing nightmare. This morning, after some update attempt over night, my computer is completely crashed; error code Ocx0000001 I have attempted to restart and finally got it in safe mode. Now IT is downloading a version
    of 8.1 onto a jumpdrive with my new computer to reinstall 8.1 onto the Dell nightmare.

This new program, 10, works fine on my new computer, it was factory install. But this attempt to do the update is a nightmare all around. I have lost so much work time because of it. Thanks for attempting to help but no window 10 for me on this Dell.
    ciao dennis

Dennis L, Jul 31, 2015
  3. I can't download what's app app on my nokia Lumia 630.. the error code 80070490

Thanks, I had to hard restart my phone and I have all the nightmare solved.

FrancisSakala, Jul 31, 2015
  4. restart is nightmare for installation!

Yeah exactly my problem too, no one's responded to my thread yet...

Eugenius88, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Hi has any error codes come up at all
    If so could you post them or google them and see what appears

hTconeM9user, Jul 31, 2015
  6. This error has no error codes, it's a pure black screen

Eugenius88, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Member on windows 8 forum are having same issue
    so googled it and this is what came up

Later versions of Windows

MS-DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 also display a Black Screen of Death when the operating system cannot boot. This is usually due to a missing file.This also happens when the user enables file compression on all files and the operating system compresses. Often the user must reinstall Windows, if the missing file is critical to the boot process. However, more often than not the boot screen will inform the user of the missing file. If the operating system is compressed, it will not be able to boot, even into safe mode. However, booting from another device and uncompressing the files will usually solve the issue.
    In late 2009 several new reports of the Black Screen of Death in Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 emerged. At first several claims pointed at a Windows Update. It was later recanted by Prevx as an erroneous report. Microsoft reported that no security update was causing the issue, and it may be tied to malicious software, or malware.[ In other cases, the black screen was replaced with the Blue Screen of Death. The Black Screen of Death may also be caused by certain components of a computer becoming too hot (overheating).
    Early builds of Windows 8 featured a black screen of death, in place of the traditional blue screen, that appeared to indicate a Stop error. This black screen was simplified compared to the previous blue screen, omitting instructions that the user is recommended to take.

Sorry that is all I can find it might help

hTconeM9user, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

restart is nightmare for installation!

1. restart is nightmare for installation! - Similar Threads - restart nightmare installation

2. wsl installation nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl installation nightmare: Hey guys,Haven't been able to install wsl on windows. Here's a summary of my pain:PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl -d Ubuntu-22.04 There is no distribution with the supplied name. Error code: Wsl/Service/WSL_E_DISTRO_NOT_FOUND PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-22.04 Ubuntu 22.04...
  3. wsl installation nightmare

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wsl installation nightmare: Hey guys,Haven't been able to install wsl on windows. Here's a summary of my pain:PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl -d Ubuntu-22.04 There is no distribution with the supplied name. Error code: Wsl/Service/WSL_E_DISTRO_NOT_FOUND PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-22.04 Ubuntu 22.04...
  4. MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare: Problem with GMail - prompted to get MS Authenticator - went through process but prompted to enter alternative e-mail address - appears that something then went wrong and unable to recover original set-up- IPhone 8 and laptop running Windows 11- what can I do, please?...
  5. MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare: Problem with GMail - prompted to get MS Authenticator - went through process but prompted to enter alternative e-mail address - appears that something then went wrong and unable to recover original set-up- IPhone 8 and laptop running Windows 11- what can I do, please?...
  6. WINDOWS NIGHTMARE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS NIGHTMARE: I installed a new gen 4 SSD and changed my motherboard, which began my worst day ever in the past decade. Windows is refusing to boot, stating that my PC can't start properly. The PC refuses to boot with the new NVME drive installed. It works fine when I take it out. I tried...
  7. OneDrive Nightmare

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Nightmare: It is a sad day in the world when the memoirs and articles one writes, on their personal computer, cannot even be saved privately on their very own personal computer. OneDrive makes it impossible to privately save your own documents in the way you see most fitting on your...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator Install Nightmare

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Install Nightmare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxK60PYTSiU&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=BrianPfeiffer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-flight-simulator-install-nightmare/034f1c83-5891-4eff-b082-2fcf127b78bf
  9. Nightmare

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightmare: My Settings is not working it opens blank, my Windows Update has disappeared and all my update history is gone. Any devices connected t my USB are not recognised. I rarely use my laptop but on opening yesterday, its been hell. I have no idea what else to do other than throw...
  10. Photos nightmare.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos nightmare.....: Hi folks ....have been successfully transferring pics from my camera(s) since days of '98....and now problems arise! TWINUI has now crept in as my pic viewer of choice. I managed to restore photo viewer (using these pages).....but believe that I now require Gallery...