Windows 10: Restart is scheduled

Discus and support Restart is scheduled in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Winuser, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Winuser Win User

Restart is scheduled

I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as being ready to install. The only updates I have listed as installed are for Defender. I didn't have this problem this morning. Anyone else getting this?

:)

Winuser, Apr 1, 2015
  2. Jane Lla Win User

A scheduled restart is not happening on some computers.

Hello Joshua,

The issue that you are facing is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Community. We suggest posting your question in

TechNet Forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well-equipped with the knowledge on such issues.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Apr 1, 2015
  3. A scheduled restart is not happening on some computers.

Hi. I have some computers which are not restarting when a scheduled task should be telling them to restart. I do not know why, and I am hoping someone could help me figure that out. I created a group policy object that creates a scheduled task to restart
    certain computers at a specific time every week. The computers are desktop PC's running Windows 10. The task is created as expected. Most of the computers restart as instructed. Some of the computers are not restarting. The restart is scheduled for a time
    in the middle of the night when no one is working. The task has been in place for several weeks, so the problem machines have had a number of chances to comply.

Joshua Lavin, Apr 1, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Restart is scheduled

I got that too. Haven't seen it for a couple hours though.

Edwin, Apr 1, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    It hasn't happened since I posted. Hopefully it won't come back. *Smile I did get the sign in to my MS account to verify my credentials message though.

Winuser, Apr 1, 2015
  6. Same here. It's retarded. I just went and updated Defender.
    Oh Whoopie Doo

Gina France, Apr 1, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    It may have been some 'residual reminders' from the recent updates.

Edwin, Apr 1, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

Restart is scheduled

The last message said a restart was set for 10:00PM. 10:00PM has come and gone without a restart. Hopefully that's the end of it.

Winuser, Apr 1, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    There it is again! Selecting it does nothing! *Confused

Restart is scheduled [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 2, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    That's the one! I haven't seen it since last night.

Winuser, Apr 2, 2015
  11. Winuser Win User
    The a restart is scheduled message is back. I left feedback here.

Restart is scheduled [​IMG]

I'm number 15.

Winuser, Apr 2, 2015
  12. Here I thought I was the only one getting it. I still get the same message a few times a day and it never restarts.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 13, 2015
  13. NickTh Win User

Restart is scheduled

The problem here is that we (I) cannot click in these notifications. I recently saw a notification about a "potentially harmful" application. A notification by Windows Defender probably, but I couldn't click on it in order to read more info.

NickTh, Apr 13, 2015
  14. Same here, I click on a notice and it disappears, never to be seen again.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 13, 2015
  15. Gary Win User
    Ha! Me too. I get that every day.

Thema:

Restart is scheduled

1. Restart is scheduled - Similar Threads - Restart scheduled

2. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  3. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-enabled-gpu-accelerated-hardware-scheduling/c1c3c034-d51b-491d-97e5-93efeea775e4
  4. Ive enabled GPU accelerated hardware scheduling. After that windows asked for restart, i...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time: I'm configuring some group policies around Windows Updates. For "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time" does the timer for the scheduled restart start after the updates are finished installing or the scheduled install time?...
  6. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time: I'm configuring some group policies around Windows Updates. For "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time" does the timer for the scheduled restart start after the updates are finished installing or the scheduled install time?...
  7. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling keeps asking to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling keeps asking to restart: After enabling HAGS and restarting laptop, it keeps asking to restart. GPU-Z shows that my system supports it, but disabled yet. Enablng through registry didn't help. I tried:1. Reinstalling Windows2. Enabling HAGS on fresh stock settings installed Windows3. Reinstalling GPU...
  9. Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling keeps asking to restart

Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling keeps asking to restart: After enabling HAGS and restarting laptop, it keeps asking to restart. GPU-Z shows that my system supports it, but disabled yet. Enablng through registry didn't help. I tried:1. Reinstalling Windows2. Enabling HAGS on fresh stock settings installed Windows3. Reinstalling GPU...
  10. Cannot schedule a restart time, always claims selected time is in the past

Cannot schedule a restart time, always claims selected time is in the past: In addition, cannot file a bug with Microsoft. They are barricaded against their customers. No matter what I try in the Schedule Restart widget, it either does not react, or claims in red "selected time is in the past." An example:Can anyone help with this issue?Thomas...