Windows 10: Restart issue

Discus and support Restart issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I restart my PC it always throws the message 'To go back and save your work, click Cancel nd finish what you need to' Clicking either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robgr, Mar 27, 2016.

1. robgr Win User

Restart issue

Whenever I restart my PC it always throws the message 'To go back and save your work, click Cancel nd finish what you need to'
    Clicking either 'Restart anyway' or 'Cancel' both cause the restart to continue
    This occurs with no apps running and even immediately after a shutdown/reboot
    This issue does not occur for sleep, hibernate or shutdown
    Not a big deal but does anyone have any ideas?

:)

robgr, Mar 27, 2016

2. shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shutdown issue, Mar 27, 2016
  3. Maria K' Win User
    Restart issue

Hello Abir9564,

Thank you for posting regarding phone turning on when connected to charger.

That option is by design on Windows phone phones. You cannot turn it off.

Regards,

Maria

Maria K', Mar 27, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Restart issue

Restart is different in that it closes down all running processes rather than saving them in memory as it does for sleep, hibernate and shutdown (if you have Fast-startup activated).

My guess is that you have a background process that is initiated at startup that must open up a file and therefore the PC thinks that there is something you might need to save before closing that process. Have a look at all your startup processes and see if you can identify anything like this.

Use the following tutorial to see where these are and how to disable any for testing purposes.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Mar 27, 2016
Thema:

Restart issue

1. Restart issue - Similar Threads - Restart issue

2. Asus TUF Dash F15 12th gen 3050 RTX restart issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus TUF Dash F15 12th gen 3050 RTX restart issue: Hello, I'm honestly struggling to figure this out so is the technicians. I bought a laptop, Asus TUF Dash F15 12th gen a year ago just 2 days after the warranty period expiring, I noticed once the laptop is left untouched for 10/15 mins sometimes less the screen goes blank...
  3. Asus TUF Dash F15 12th gen 3050 RTX restart issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus TUF Dash F15 12th gen 3050 RTX restart issue: Hello, I'm honestly struggling to figure this out so is the technicians. I bought a laptop, Asus TUF Dash F15 12th gen a year ago just 2 days after the warranty period expiring, I noticed once the laptop is left untouched for 10/15 mins sometimes less the screen goes blank...
  4. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...: When I download an app, it will download and run. When the computer is turned off and on again, the downloaded app is gone. I'm having the same problem with Facebook. I need to get a verification every time. I followed those instructions to fix it, but it didn't, and I'm not...
  5. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...: When I download an app, it will download and run. When the computer is turned off and on again, the downloaded app is gone. I'm having the same problem with Facebook. I need to get a verification every time. I followed those instructions to fix it, but it didn't, and I'm not...
  6. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  8. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  9. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Restarts from LiveKernelEvent issue, error code 141

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarts from LiveKernelEvent issue, error code 141: Hello ! My laptop crashed today, again, and looking at the crash logs i saw it happened a few times already; apparently from a "LiveKernelEvent, error code 141"... I tried resolving it but it still happens from time to time :Here's the minidump just in...