Windows 10: Restart issue

Discus and support Restart issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I restart my PC it always throws the message 'To go back and save your work, click Cancel nd finish what you need to' Clicking either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robgr, Mar 27, 2016.

1. robgr Win User

Restart issue

Whenever I restart my PC it always throws the message 'To go back and save your work, click Cancel nd finish what you need to'
    Clicking either 'Restart anyway' or 'Cancel' both cause the restart to continue
    This occurs with no apps running and even immediately after a shutdown/reboot
    This issue does not occur for sleep, hibernate or shutdown
    Not a big deal but does anyone have any ideas?

:)

robgr, Mar 27, 2016

2. shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shutdown issue, Mar 27, 2016
  3. Maria K' Win User
    Restart issue

Hello Abir9564,

Thank you for posting regarding phone turning on when connected to charger.

That option is by design on Windows phone phones. You cannot turn it off.

Regards,

Maria

Maria K', Mar 27, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Restart issue

Restart is different in that it closes down all running processes rather than saving them in memory as it does for sleep, hibernate and shutdown (if you have Fast-startup activated).

My guess is that you have a background process that is initiated at startup that must open up a file and therefore the PC thinks that there is something you might need to save before closing that process. Have a look at all your startup processes and see if you can identify anything like this.

Use the following tutorial to see where these are and how to disable any for testing purposes.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Mar 27, 2016
Thema:

Restart issue

1. Restart issue - Similar Threads - Restart issue

2. Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE: [ATTACH] I have Asus X540Y laptop which I had bought 2 years before. Laptop was running good but since last 5-6 months it was showing blue screen restart issue any time. Initially I was ignoring this issue. But gradually problem was happening more frequent. There was no such...
  3. Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue: Been using Windows 10 for a while. Just started getting stopcodes and Windows restarting. Seems to only happen when running a website with graphics. Using an older laptop with Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family WDDM 1.1 which has been discontinued and appears to...
  4. Update and restart issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and restart issues: I downloaded the latest critical update foe windows 10 and my PC had to be reset to factory settings. My PC also suddenly has a critical error without warning (blue screen with sad face with message to restart} and then collects info and it restarts. How do I solve this...
  5. Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.: Hello, Months ago, your glorious updates messed up my computer. Just like always, I don't recall ever asking Windows to randomly shut down my computer, so it takes an hour or so updating. But it did, and users have always had little authority on their machines when it comes...
  6. Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with internet needing disabled and enabled again upon restarts: I tried to create my own VPN but it didnt end up working so I thought i'd just disable it and i'd be alright. [ATTACH] but apparently not, everytime I shut down, restart, or update my laptop my Wi-Fi turns off and I have to Disable and re-enable it again to get it to work....
  7. Windows 10 Pro Audio issues at startup, requires to restart after switching user.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro Audio issues at startup, requires to restart after switching user.: To be more specific, the story goes like this. Back in 2018, in December, if I am not mistaken, there was that big Windows 10 update, I forgot what was it called, but basically it was big update, I can't remember if it was big as in size, but it sure was big since it was...
  8. New Case issues: PC will not restart

in Windows 10 Support
    New Case issues: PC will not restart: I have an old AMD system that has performed flawlessly for over 10 years. I awarded it with a new case from Fractal Designs the other day. Plug and play, right? Wrong. Had numerous bugs, most of which are solved. However, I cannot restart the system. I can power down and...
  9. Super Annoying Accidental Restart Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Super Annoying Accidental Restart Issue: Ever since I got win 10 the computer sometimes goes into a super-turbo let's restart mode just when I try to type something in the search box near the start menu/button. Today it did it so fast I had hardly time to blink before it had restarted. Sometimes it gives me at least...
  10. Frequent taskbar and windows explorer issues - I have to restart explorer.exe every 30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent taskbar and windows explorer issues - I have to restart explorer.exe every 30 minutes: Trying to find a fix besides restarting explorer.exe every 15-30 minutes. Problems seem to occur more often when using Remote Desktop app. - My taskbar on my 4k monitor floats almost halfway up the screen and is about half the size of normal. It covers everything else which...