Windows 10: Restart laptop at a previous time

Discus and support Restart laptop at a previous time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I started my laptop it only had half a page, and I am trying to get it start at a previous time to see if this would rectify the problem. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gcaddell, Jan 24, 2016.

1. gcaddell Win User

Restart laptop at a previous time

When I started my laptop it only had half a page, and I am trying to get it start at a previous time to see if this would rectify the problem. Can anyone help me, I have to tell you I am not very good with computers. GC.

:)

gcaddell, Jan 24, 2016
  2. Eric Ber Win User

My laptop restart each time I start-up from a normal shut down

Hi,

Corrupted boot system files is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues booting Windows 10 on your computer. We suggest that you run the
    System File Checker tool and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    tool to scan and correct any issues. System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in tool in the operating system. SFC checks for system file corruption. Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a command-line tool that can be used to service a
    Windows image or to prepare a Windows Preinstallation Environment image.

Kindly follow the steps in this article posted by ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP)
    to perform SFC and DISM:
    System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 24, 2016
  3. My laptop restart each time I start-up from a normal shut down

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask a question about my machine issue, I have a Dell Latitute E6410, currently running on Windows 10 Fall Creator, currently, every time I perform a normal shut down, then start the machine up, it passed the Windows logo screen with spinning
    circle, then after that I got a black screen with the cursor in about 10 or 20 seconds and then the system automatically restart. The restart went smoothly without any problem at all, I could still able to sign in to the system normally afterward

So what is the problem with my laptop, and any solution to it?

Looking forward to your replies. Thank you.

Trương Vũ Bình, Jan 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

What you are asking is called system restore.
    The way it works is to "roll" back to a date when things were working fine.

Use this tutorial :
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Jan 24, 2016
  5. AndreyT Win User
    What does that mean? "Half a page" of what?

AndreyT, Jan 24, 2016
  6. Half of the screen was displayed...maybe?

DeaconFrost, Jan 24, 2016
  7. brummyfan Win User
    It could be the display driver, you could try this, go to Device manager(right click windows logo at bottom left), click Device manager, expand Display adapter, right click graphics then Properties, click Driver tab and uninstall, then reboot the laptop and let windows install the driver.

Restart laptop at a previous time [​IMG]

brummyfan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Restart laptop at a previous time - Similar Threads - Restart laptop previous

2. HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown: this issue appeared in Dec 2023, any idea why this is happening to only HP laptops - Updates are up to date - no policy conflicts - Up to date HP BIOS updates...
  3. HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown: this issue appeared in Dec 2023, any idea why this is happening to only HP laptops - Updates are up to date - no policy conflicts - Up to date HP BIOS updates...
  4. HP Laptops are taking much time to restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop restarts every time after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop restarts every time after sleep mode: Hi,I have recently purchased Laptop HP VITUS AMD Ryzen 7 5800HMy issue is laptop restarts every time after sleep mode with power mode and battery mode OS :Windows 11 Home Single Language 64-bit Version: 22621.1848...
  6. laptop restarts every time after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop restarts every time after sleep mode: Hi,I have recently purchased Laptop HP VITUS AMD Ryzen 7 5800HMy issue is laptop restarts every time after sleep mode with power mode and battery mode OS :Windows 11 Home Single Language 64-bit Version: 22621.1848...
  7. My laptop keeps crashing and restarting at random times.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps crashing and restarting at random times.: All I can see in the event viewer is a Kernel-Power error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-crashing-and-restarting-at-random/c96f9f34-1e17-4330-91c6-67b3137f9a2c
  8. OS reverts to previous version of Windows every time I restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OS reverts to previous version of Windows every time I restart: Hello I recently purchased a Windows 10 Pro licence to replace a Enterprise for virtual desktops licence that came with the laptop. I did this because the Enterprise OS seems very buggy. The new licence is activated and linked to my Microsoft account. Every time I...
  9. RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RESTART LAPTOP LONG TIME: When I'm restart my laptop minimum 3 minutes then showing windows logo. Kindly help me sir/ma'am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-laptop-long-time/221303e3-b02e-4e2c-baff-63b5ace144f4
  10. Laptop stops recognizing monitor every time laptop restarts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stops recognizing monitor every time laptop restarts.: Hi all, I have been having this issue for a few month ever since I got a monitor for my desk. It seems that every time my laptop restarts, it doesn’t recognize the monitor. After hours of troubleshooting each time, I eventually have solved the issue by updating drivers,...