Windows 10: Restart Required Loop

Discus and support Restart Required Loop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My system keeps telling me I need to restart my system to finish installing software for my device. I have already restarted multiple times and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Xilnik, May 31, 2017.

1. Xilnik Win User

Restart Required Loop

My system keeps telling me I need to restart my system to finish installing software for my device. I have already restarted multiple times and verified that the device drivers and software installed correctly the first time. Microsoft Answer Desk used DriverPack Solution to try to repair the problem, but that caused other issues with services, including Malwarebytes. The final solution was to move my user profile to another profile because they believed my user profile was corrupted. That seems to be their go to response when things do not work properly, which seems to happen to me every month or two. My user profile is really that fragile?

I rolled back to a previous image this morning, connected my device again, and ran into the issue again on a different user profile. That suggests to me that it's something not working quite right in Windows 10 and not necessarily just a corrupted user profile. Performing a search revealed others suffering from similar issues.

One person was told it was a virus (not likely since I practice safe browsing and have had security experts check my machine for viruses to find nothing). I've also seen options to turn off all restart notifications, which might work for me to at least clear the message? I'm open to any suggestions. The notification returns mere moments after I clear it or click on it (clicking on it does not open Windows Update as I believe it should):

Restart Required Loop [​IMG]

:)

Xilnik, May 31, 2017

2. Cumulative Update KB4056892

Cannot install cumulative update KB4056892. In a constant loop of "Requires a restart to finish installing".

I uninstalled the last update, KB4058702, in case that had caused a problem. Still could not install KB4056892.

I manually reinstalled KB4058702. That registers in successfully installed updates in UPDATE HISTORY, but even so, now that too also constantly "Requires a restart to finish installing".

JohnGardiner2, May 31, 2017
  3. M1RRa Win User
    Error 0x80070bc2 when Windows 10 update trying to install KB4048955 for version 1709

I had two "Requires a restart to finish installing" issues (Adobe Flash Player security updates KB4088785 and KB4093110) and also some loop issues (cumulative updates).
    This fix works for me and it seems to be fine. But i needed
    a lot
    of restarts.

M1RRa, May 31, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Restart Required Loop

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) winver (in the pop up view the windows version and build and post into the forum)
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    When the above have completed right click on the the top bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click edit > select all > right click the top bar again > left click edit > copy and paste into the forum.

Try these steps to fix the restart required:
    5) open control panel > troubleshooting > on left pane click view all > run the hardware and devices troubleshooter
    view the detailed information, use the snipping tool to post into the forum.

6) open device manager and look for any yellow exclamation marks for any device/drive that needs attention.

7) open control panel > add remove programs > uninstall intel realsense camera
    8) reboot
    9) reinstall intel realsense camera

zbook, May 31, 2017
  5. Xilnik Win User
    1) - 4)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>winver

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    908544 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    7019 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    1100726 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    96092 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    39090048 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

499015679 KB total disk space.
    255437780 KB in 565373 files.
    292124 KB in 96093 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    1036055 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    242249720 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    124753919 total allocation units on disk.
    60562430 allocation units available on disk.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    5)

6) No driver issues in Device Manager

7) - 9) No change

Xilnik, May 31, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    What is the make and model of your computer?

There are known problems installing this Intel software/drivers:

About Intel® drivers
    The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.
    See list of manufacturers’ Support websites.
    See the release notes for installation instructions, supported hardware, what is new, bug fixes, and known issues.

Download Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager

Intel contact support: Contact Support

zbook, May 31, 2017
  7. Xilnik Win User
    It is an ASUS K501UW
    I just updated my BIOS and Intel Chipset drivers. The Restart required messages remain.

Xilnik, May 31, 2017
  8. mrgeek Win User

Restart Required Loop

The orig message is related to your camera but always good to update BIOS. Did you complete shutdown vs restart ?
    Did you download and run the camera software package from Intel, from the link provided in post 4, after uninstalling in device manager ? Windows Update may be sourcing from other or the software on the Intel site may be the older, working software. If this fixes the 'restart' message issue, then you can block this update in the future. Good Luck.

mrgeek, May 31, 2017
  9. Xilnik Win User
    Yes, shutdown and restart was automatic with the BIOS update.

EDIT: to be sure, I loaded optimized BIOS settings through the BIOS and turned off my PC after saving changes. The problem still remained after booting back into Windows.

Windows installs the same DCM as Intel has as their latest version. Older versions cannot be installed on my SR300 because the firmware limit has been reached (older versions of the firmware can only be installed so many times before the SR300 exclusively accepts newer/same firmware versions).

Xilnik, May 31, 2017
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    There was really no need to update the BIOS, seeing this is a driver issue for a third party product. That said, it doesn't hurt to have the latest update.

Anyway, is this the camera you're talking about - Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300 and have you looked here for the drivers - Downloads for Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300

If so, you might find the folder the files extracted to and manually install the driver from Device Manager...

• Open Device Manager and find the problem device (may be an "unknown" device with a question mark or yellow exclamation point).
    • Right click and choose Properties
    • Click the Driver tab and click update driver
    • Click Browse my computer for driver software
    • Click the Browse button and navigate to the folder where the driver files were downloaded and click next.
    Windows will either install the driver or tell you the best driver is already installed. If the driver installs, you may require a restart.

Let us know.

Edit: I noticed you said there were no issue in Device Manager, does the mean you see the camera? Or is it not showing at all?

sygnus21, May 31, 2017
  11. Xilnik Win User
    I also mentioned that the device is installed properly despite Windows continuing to tell me I need to restart to finish installing. The camera works fine. I do not know why Windows keeps telling me it needs to restart to finish installing the drivers.

Xilnik, May 31, 2017
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    Well for that I have no answer. Sorry.

sygnus21, May 31, 2017
  13. Xilnik Win User

Restart Required Loop

It's alright. Hopefully this thread will eventually help me track down the problem.

Xilnik, May 31, 2017
  14. Xilnik Win User
    The notification went away on it's own. I have no idea what caused it to clear other than maybe it was cleared because I had 15 other notifications sitting in Action Center from another app I use for work.

Xilnik, May 31, 2017
  15. Xilnik Win User
    Update: It appears that Windows Maintenance ran prior to the problem being fixed. Perhaps a disk cleanup removed the issue?

Xilnik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Restart Required Loop

1. Restart Required Loop - Similar Threads - Restart Required Loop

2. Restart Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart Loop: My laptop Dell Inspiron went through an update. When it turns on now the dell logo appears, then it says “Updates are underway. Please keep computer on” then it says “Restarting” then it turns off and restarts the loop from the beginning with the Dell logo. I have tried force...
  3. Restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart loop: Hello I have lenovo legion 5, today i was normally playing games then i saw pc power loss, just lagging and i pressed restart pc and from then it only boots to screen when shows restarting snd then actually restart and bsck to that screen, so the infinite loop for almost an...
  4. Restart loop

Restart loop: Hello I have lenovo legion 5, today i was normally playing games then i saw pc power loss, just lagging and i pressed restart pc and from then it only boots to screen when shows restarting snd then actually restart and bsck to that screen, so the infinite loop for almost an...
  5. Restart loop

Restart loop: I did a clean installation of windows 10 and it happened successsfully but lastly it said windows will restart and now it is in a loop of restart what should i do.Some thing i would like you to know..I changed something in bios boot order to usb and then changed back to...
  6. Restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart loop: So yesterday i installed latest windows 10 update and now i am stuck in the loop. I already tried windows 10 recovery on usb but i simply can not boot from the usb. Nothing boots up. The recovery environment also does not boot on my windows. It shows the loading circle for...
  7. Restarting loop

Restarting loop: Hello, I have a problem with my PC because yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to clean my PC for everything so I did it.Now its cleaned but now it is where the problem starts.When I try to set the PC up with the language and timezone etc. it starts loading but then...
  8. Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart: So recently I've been this problem with my laptop. It seems to be happening mostly when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. The laptop just completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being...
  9. Restart loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart loop: I reset my computer today, to clean it up and get a fresh start. Everything went smoothly, then windows 10 started installing. Then, about halfway through the installation, a pop up said "your pc has restarted unexpectedly or has experienced a problem." So it told me to...
  10. The restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The restart loop: Hi, I installed Windows in my computer and now I have a restart loop of 1 minute. Wont let me do nothing to fix it. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restart-loop/3f229276-b5cf-4e3f-991e-a23a8b660b2a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart required loop

2. windows 10 restart required loop