Windows 10: Restarting in an update

Discus and support Restarting in an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If my computer is updating, and I don't touch it while it is updating, is it normal for my computer to just restart in the middle of the update? I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by caseystone, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Restarting in an update

If my computer is updating, and I don't touch it while it is updating, is it normal for my computer to just restart in the middle of the update? I also want to know is a consequence of personalized settings (not responding) is normal or if It is an issue.

:)

caseystone, Jul 10, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Restarting in an update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 10, 2018
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Restarting in an update

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Restarting in an update

1. Restarting in an update - Similar Threads - Restarting update

2. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  3. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  4. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  5. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  6. How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?: This isn't the first time it's happened, windows just restarts my laptop to install updates when it's sleeping S0 modern standby is the only state supported that isn't hibernation. This is obviously very annoying, and continues to happen even though I have restart as soon as...
  7. How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?

How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?: This isn't the first time it's happened, windows just restarts my laptop to install updates when it's sleeping S0 modern standby is the only state supported that isn't hibernation. This is obviously very annoying, and continues to happen even though I have restart as soon as...
  8. MS win 10 April 2024 security update is hung up in restart mode. How to escape out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS win 10 April 2024 security update is hung up in restart mode. How to escape out?: MS win 10 April 2024 security update is hung up in restart mode. How to escape out?Ray C. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-win-10-april-2024-security-update-is-hung-up-in/850fa258-d0f6-466a-aa25-8a623fde8857
  9. MS win 10 April 2024 security update is hung up in restart mode. How to escape out?

MS win 10 April 2024 security update is hung up in restart mode. How to escape out?: MS win 10 April 2024 security update is hung up in restart mode. How to escape out?Ray C. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-win-10-april-2024-security-update-is-hung-up-in/850fa258-d0f6-466a-aa25-8a623fde8857
  10. MS win 10 April 2024 security update is hung up in restart mode. How to escape out?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade