Windows 10: Restarting option on Asus

Discus and support Restarting option on Asus in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; cannot use restart option on Asus windows10. any ideas that i can try are all welcomed. Thank You.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by G_C_W, Oct 14, 2019.

1. G_C_W Win User

Restarting option on Asus

cannot use restart option on Asus windows10. any ideas that i can try are all welcomed. Thank You.

:)

G_C_W, Oct 14, 2019
  2. little cat, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Restarting option on Asus [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Restarting option on Asus [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Restarting option on Asus

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Restarting option on Asus

1. Restarting option on Asus - Similar Threads - Restarting option Asus

2. Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting: Hi. My asus zenbook laptop works fine till I dont restart it and occassionally windows 11 updates and restarts and then it gets stuck at the asus logo and the ring keeps on circling. I have done a reset to the laptop 2-3 times, it works untill i restart it again. Can someone...
  3. Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting: Hi. My asus zenbook laptop works fine till I dont restart it and occassionally windows 11 updates and restarts and then it gets stuck at the asus logo and the ring keeps on circling. I have done a reset to the laptop 2-3 times, it works untill i restart it again. Can someone...
  4. ASUS E510 with no brightness option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS E510 with no brightness option: Okay, this is getting very annoying and making me consider just avoiding ASUS for computers. I have an ASUS E510 laptop, 64-bit on windows 11... I have been searching for hours all over the web and tried every result I have found; updating the drivers, reinstalling windows 11...
  5. ASUS E510 with no brightness option

ASUS E510 with no brightness option: Okay, this is getting very annoying and making me consider just avoiding ASUS for computers. I have an ASUS E510 laptop, 64-bit on windows 11... I have been searching for hours all over the web and tried every result I have found; updating the drivers, reinstalling windows 11...
  6. ASUS firmware update optional

ASUS firmware update optional: Hello, today I received an update from Asus as a Microsoft optional update. It asked me to reboot my computer to install it. I did and my PC went boot looping, so I have reseted it to see if it would stop the problem. Then it asked me to update the BIOS, so I had to get...
  7. ASUS firmware update optional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS firmware update optional: Hello, today I received an update from Asus as a Microsoft optional update. It asked me to reboot my computer to install it. I did and my PC went boot looping, so I have reseted it to see if it would stop the problem. Then it asked me to update the BIOS, so I had to get...
  8. ASUS Laptop Randomly Restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Laptop Randomly Restarting: I have an ASUS K501U that was given to me from a relative when they received a new computer. I booted it up and trying to do anything the computer would restart randomly. I thought there would be a virus or other problem so I took to Microsoft and explained the problem. They...
  9. No Advanced Restart Options

in Windows 10 Support
    No Advanced Restart Options: I sometimes check to confirm the advanced start-up options appear on my laptop usually by hitting Restart + Shift or choosing Settings / Recovery / Advanced Start-up. I just checked now and the PC just restarts. SFC / SCANNOW runs OK and the Win RE configuration seems OK...
  10. No readyboost option on asus laptop/ tablet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No readyboost option on asus laptop/ tablet: I plugged in a usb drive and went to properties but the readyboost tab is not there, i put the usb in another pc and the tab is there I am not sure where to start 25940