Windows 10: Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows

Discus and support Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I and others have asked this question before, but no luck so far. The Photos app is terrible, I've gone back to Windows Photo Viewer using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by nigelmercier, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows

nigelmercier, Nov 20, 2016
  2. Jessen P Win User

Importing photos from a CF card off of a camera

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

• In the AutoPlay dialog box that appears, click Import pictures and videos using Windows.

• To change the settings that are used when importing pictures and videos, click
      Import settings in the Import Pictures and Videos dialog box.

• Change one or more settings in the Import Settings dialog box, and then click
      OK.

• Click OK to restart Import Pictures and Videos. Type a tag in the
      Tag these pictures (optional) box, and then click Import to import your pictures and videos using the new settings.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Nov 20, 2016
  3. Downloading Photos from Sony DSC HX 300 Camera.

you need to set the autoplay options to import Images and videos whenever a memory card is inserted into your computer.

In windows 10, images and videos are imported using metro app called Photo viewer.

To do this:

• open settings>Devices>autoplay
    • Under choose Autoplay defaults,select Import Photos and Videos(Photos) from the drop down menu for memory card.
    • Whenever an SD card would be inserted it will import the photos automatically.

hope it helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 20, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows

You didn't say what kind of Phone or Device you were using to import photo's?
    If you are using an Android phone, when you attach the phone it comes up in File Explorer as a separate drive. If you open phone drive and then browse to the DSIM folder your pictures will be there. Here you can highlight them and drag them to whatever folder you want them to be in. Or Copy and Paste

spunk, Nov 20, 2016
  5. Import from SD card. File Explorer far too manual.

nigelmercier, Nov 20, 2016
  6. I know I'm not the only one who is seeking a solution, is it really not possible?

nigelmercier, Nov 23, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Nov 23, 2016
  8. Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows

Autoplay works fine, but since I upgraded from Windows 7 I no longer have the option Import pictures and videos using Windows

nigelmercier, Nov 23, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    On my cameras [Canon] it is the DCIM Folder.

Berton, Nov 23, 2016
  10. Doesn't matter, this question is about using the Import function, not a manual copy.

nigelmercier, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows

1. Restore Autoplay Option: Import pictures and videos using Windows - Similar Threads - Restore Autoplay Option

2. Importing pictures and video from iPhone to the Windows Photos app but there are no options...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing pictures and video from iPhone to the Windows Photos app but there are no options...: Currently on a windows 10 home system, trying to clean up my iPhone memory by importing the biggest video files and pictures to the pc.After scanning my phone I can see around 10.000 pictures/videos are ready to be imported.Here's the catch, there are no options whatsoever to...
  3. Importing pictures and video from iPhone to the Windows Photos app but there are no options...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing pictures and video from iPhone to the Windows Photos app but there are no options...: Currently on a windows 10 home system, trying to clean up my iPhone memory by importing the biggest video files and pictures to the pc.After scanning my phone I can see around 10.000 pictures/videos are ready to be imported.Here's the catch, there are no options whatsoever to...
  4. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot import pictures or videos: Stuck on blank import screen forever.Trying to import from android pixel 4 to windows 10. This whole system of connecting phones to windows is incredibly buggy. Used to work fine in windows 7. Please assist. Phone is out of space and I cannot import pictures....
  5. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot import pictures or videos: Stuck on blank import screen forever.Trying to import from android pixel 4 to windows 10. This whole system of connecting phones to windows is incredibly buggy. Used to work fine in windows 7. Please assist. Phone is out of space and I cannot import pictures....
  6. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. importing pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures and videos: I am having trouble in my windows 10 version 1909 computer importing pictures from my I-phone 11 to my pc. It begins the importing procedure but then aborts it after a few are loaded. Whats up I tried new usb to I phone connector and still having the same trouble....
  8. "Import pictures and videos using Windows" option missing from autoplay for memory cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Import pictures and videos using Windows" option missing from autoplay for memory cards: I cannot figure out a way to add "Import pictures and videos using Windows" as an option in autoplay for memory cards or cameras on a new Windows 10 computer....
  9. How to put "Import pictures/videos using WindowsExplorer" in AutoPlay?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to put "Import pictures/videos using WindowsExplorer" in AutoPlay?: Hi all, Whenever I connect my camera, I see these options: [img] I have no interest in using the rubbish "Photos app" to import my pictures. I want to use the built-in Import Wizard in Windows 10, which can be found by going to "This PC" and right clicking...
  10. Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices: I swear I had a import photos and videos option for devices on Windows 10 but now it seems I don't. This is what I get for options. [img] I don't even have the options in my autoplay settings and default settings. Any help would be great. 22675

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import pictures and videos using windows

2. import pictures and videos autoplay

3. import pictures and videos usings windows

4. Import pictures and videos using Windows option has disappeared from Win 10 Autoplay dialog,
  5. Import Pictures and Videos using Windows.,
  6. restore autoplay windows 10,
  7. restore autoplay windows10,
  8. import pictures using windows settings,
  9. import pictures and videos reset