Windows 10: Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

How to: Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

How to Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place, on all your devices.

Movies & TV brings you the latest entertainment in one app on Windows. On your PC and Windows Mobile, the app lets you play and manage videos from your personal collection. On all your devices, you can use the app to browse and play movies and TV shows you’ve purchased from the Store.

When you sign in to the Movies & TV app and purchase content from the Store, the device you signed in from will be automatically added as one of your download devices.

You can download purchased content to up to five devices and redownload the content as many times as you like. Rentals can only be played on the device on which they were purchased.

Your rented and purchased movies and TV shows will appear under the Purchased tab in the Movies & TV app. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

Sometimes your rented and purchased movies and TV shows may not be listed. This can happen if you deleted the movie or TV show on the PC, reset the Movies & TV app, cleared by an update, etc...

When this happens, you can restore your available video purchases from the Store to the Movies & TV app on your PC.

This tutorial will show you how to restore your available video purchases in the Movies & TV app on your Windows 10 PC.

EXAMPLE: Purchased items in Movies & TV

Here's How:

1. Open the Movies & TV app.

2. Click/tap on the More options (3 dots) button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Restore my available video purchases link under Your videos. (see screenshot below)

3. Your videos will now show as restoring. This may take a few minutes depending on how many are being restored. (see screenshot below)

4. When it has finished restoring, click/tap on the Purchased tab to see if your missing videos have been restored. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 27, 2017
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

Get Movies & TV - Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Insider Preview App Update - Movies & TV version 10.16112.1015

Source: Feedback Hub

Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Microsoft movies and TV app question

Is the Microsoft movies and TV app only for windows 8 or 10? I found out windows 7 works better on my netbook but I miss the Microsoft movies and TV app.
    Or is there another way to watch videos purchased from Microsoft and also another way to watch videos I got downloaded such as MP4 movies?

Miss Bad Wolf, Oct 26, 2019
  6. "Movies & TV" app controls

keyboard

Support team suggests this article when asking for list of keyboard controls for Movies and TV app. Article reads:

"Enjoying Videos in Windows 10: You will find the Movies & TV app in Windows 10 better than ever for playing all your personal videos, as well as all the movies and TV shows you love. Import your personal video collection, and play back your content in a fast
    and elegantly designed app that is optimized for both mouse/keyboard as well as touch. Drag and drop videos between your collections, use right clicks and hot keys for contextual menus, or go full-screen with easy to use playback controls. We’ve also added
    additional file format support like .MKV too."

No information regarding controls is available. 90% of users give up and go back to VLC player, which not only has KB controls but allows mapping as well.

Source:

"Movies & TV" app controls

SystemAdmin_, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Restore Available Video Purchases in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Available Video

2. Movies and TV app not showing purchased library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and TV app not showing purchased library: I noticed the other day that the Movies and TV app is not showing my purchased library on my gaming PC. Shows fine on my Surface Pro and Laptop PC and all three of my computers are upgraded to the current production release of Windows 11. Only difference I can figure out is...
  3. Movies and TV app not showing purchased library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV app not showing purchased library: I noticed the other day that the Movies and TV app is not showing my purchased library on my gaming PC. Shows fine on my Surface Pro and Laptop PC and all three of my computers are upgraded to the current production release of Windows 11. Only difference I can figure out is...
  4. Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10: Windows 10-Videos Movies & TV is set as my default app in settings. When I double click on a video, the video image loads OK, but when I hit the play button, nothing happens. However, when the same clip isopened with Windows Media Player, it plays fine. Question: If...
  5. Movies & TV app - Looping Playlist of videos

Movies & TV app - Looping Playlist of videos: Is there a way to make your videos repeat when you hit the end of the list? I'm using videos on my "Personal" list. I can make it move to each subsequent video, but I can't make it loop when it hits the end of the list. Anyone figured it out?...
  6. speed videos in Movies & TV app

speed videos in Movies & TV app: How can I speed videos in Movies & TV app? I mean I want to watch a one-hour video in just 30 or 40 minutes just like in YouTube. Thank you in advance. Greetings...
  7. Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Change Theme Mode for Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place, on all your...
  8. Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Remove Download Devices from Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place,...
  9. Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Show Download Devices in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows, all in one place, on all...
  10. Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Full Screen Playback in Movies & TV app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Movies & TV app is included with Windows 10, and let's you have all your movies and TV shows,...