Windows 10: Restore back to factory state

Discus and support Restore back to factory state in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I managed to screw things up pretty bad, and want to restore back to factory state, However I can no longer access my restore partition because Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DarkSentinel, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Restore back to factory state

I managed to screw things up pretty bad, and want to restore back to factory state, However I can no longer access my restore partition because Windows 10 has its restore software there when I hit F11. This is an HP Pavilion 17. Anyone know of any tools or a way to get my old restore partition back? *cry

:)

DarkSentinel, Dec 26, 2015

2. Help I just got a BSoD

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response. Factory Settings will only take the computer back to the state when nothing was there on the computer, If your computer came with Windows 10 then you may do a factory restore but before that make sure you back up all
    your data and also refer the user manual for a factory restore.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 26, 2015
  3. nj15 Win User
    language setting problem...please help

Try to perform a restore factory settings. Be aware that the setting will be reverted back to it's original state. The default code is 12345.

Restore back to factory state ;)

4. WHS
    whs Win User

Restore back to factory state

Alternatively you can download the OS that is specified on the COA sticker and activate it with the key from the COA sticker. Use the help of a USB stick.

5. The only real way to get the original restore stuff back is to do a factory reset of the PC using HP Recovery Media. That is a set of DVDs and a CD that will reformat the drive, reinstall the OS, the drivers, and the HP utilities.

You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support
    Once there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click "Update". If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entty and click on Order Media for details.

Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Service:

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/....html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Note that if HP no longer provides Recovery Media for your model, a couple of other sites you can check are: HP/Hewlett Packard and Compaq Recovery CDs brought to you by Computer Surgeons - Archives for end of life computers and System Recovery and restoredisks.com - Portail d'informations

Be sure to read through the material in the linked thread BEFORE you attempt the recovery: Read This Before Ordering Your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only) | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Restore back to factory state

1. Restore back to factory state - Similar Threads - Restore factory state

2. When I restart my computer, it goes back to factory state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I restart my computer, it goes back to factory state: Hi, I recently updated to windows 11, and every time I hit reset my pc goes to default mode, I don't know why this is happening.It dosen't get this way when I turn the computer on and off ; only for the "reset" button. Every config that I previously do is setted by default....
  3. When I restart my computer, it goes back to factory state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I restart my computer, it goes back to factory state: Hi, I recently updated to windows 11, and every time I hit reset my pc goes to default mode, I don't know why this is happening.It dosen't get this way when I turn the computer on and off ; only for the "reset" button. Every config that I previously do is setted by default....
  4. Factory Restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory Restore: I’ve been trying to reset my laptop for the past few days, I’ve moved all my photos/videos/documents ECT onto a external storage. There is literally nothing else I could possibly remove or delete from this laptop to free up more space but it keeps saying I need to free up...
  5. factory restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    factory restore: If I factory restore my laptop, will I be able to reinstall windows 10 and microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/d8ba9d35-fd50-420b-83b3-510f650401ca
  6. restore to factory

restore to factory: Is there a way to restore my notebook to factory condition without shutting it down to log in as admin. I have access denied and have tried deleting files and probably won’t reboot for me as it looks like I have ni info in any of my files. Someone else is using my...
  7. Back to Factory

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Back to Factory: For reasons I wont go into I need to return my desk top HP to factory settings. The original OS was Windows 7. I upgraded to 10 when it was offered so how I do I get Window 10 back with being charged. I dont have a physical copy of a license. Thank you,, Richard...
  8. Factory Restore

Factory Restore: Im trying to factory restore my computer, it says there isnt enough memory. I've deleted everything that I can find to take off, how can i get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-restore/7a475a11-8592-411c-b653-d8fa46dbc555
  9. Factory restore

Factory restore: Hi I live in China and bought a Lenovo computer with Chinese settings. I purchased Windows 10 Pro for English Language settings. I now want to do factory reset which, I presume, will return it to Chinese mode. How do I reinstall Windows 10 Pro? Thank you. David...
  10. Return to factory state

Return to factory state: What term is used for restoring PC with Windows 10 back to out of box state? I am confused on terminology for this. Is it Reset, Restore, Refresh. etc...? 43861

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rtestore back to factory warreanty