Windows 10: Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10 Administrative Tools is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by flupke01, Dec 29, 2017.

1. flupke01 Win User

Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10

How to: Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10

How to Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10

Administrative Tools is a folder in Control Panel that contains tools for system administrators and advanced users. The tools in the folder might vary depending on which version of Windows you are using.

This tutorial will help you to restore any missing shortcuts in the Administrative Tools folder in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to restore Administrative Tools.

Some common administrative tools in this folder include:

[table][tr][td]Administrative Tool[/td] [td]Description [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]System Information[/td] [td]View details about your computer, operating system, hardware, and software, including drivers—also known as msinfo32.exe.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Task Scheduler[/td] [td]Schedule programs or other tasks to run automatically.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows Firewall with Advanced Security[/td] [td]Configure advanced firewall settings on both this computer and remote computers on your network.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows Memory Diagnostic[/td] [td]Check your computer's memory to see if it's functioning properly.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

EXAMPLE: Administrative Tools

Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Administrative_Tools.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the Administrative Tools.zip file. (see screenshot below)

5. Open File Explorer, copy and paste the location below into the address bar, and press Enter to open the Administrative Tools folder. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

6. Drag and drop any missing shortcuts from the Administrative Tools.zip file in step 4 into the Administrative Tools folder in step 5.

7. Click/tap on Continue to approve. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

flupke01, Dec 29, 2017
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Dec 29, 2017
  3. Default Administrative Tools for Windows 10 (Home)

your answer is the worst in human history.

what is wrong with you?

make sure the "show administrator tools" is set to yes.

HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have you ever given instructions before?

darkracer125, Dec 29, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello flupke01, *Smile

What is the shortcut folder for?

Please go ahead and post a screenshot of it as well to help.

Brink, Dec 29, 2017
  5. flupke01 Win User
    Like this, all the shortcuts I restored:

flupke01, Dec 29, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's normal to have the "Administrative Tools" folder if that's what you meant?

If you mean shortcuts in this folder, then you can easily remove any of them by deleting the shortcut while doing step 5.

Brink, Dec 29, 2017
  7. flupke01 Win User
    No, the only place where I want to see those shortcuts, is in control panel, but not also in my start-menu. See the next screenshot, that how it is supposed to be, not also in my start-menu. And if I delete shortcuts in the folder in the start-menu, they also disappear in control-panel, that's the problem...

flupke01, Dec 30, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You might check the settings for the 3rd party program you're using for the Start menu to see if there may be an option to add or remove items without affecting the other.

Brink, Dec 30, 2017
  9. flupke01 Win User
    No, there's no option to edit folders at that level, only the programs folder itself. It looks like the original setting is somehow different from how it is now, being restored following your tutorial. Is this how Windows 10 is originally configurated, or is there also stuff that should be edited in for example the register or somewhere else?

flupke01, Dec 30, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    What program are you using for the Start menu. If it's free or a trial available, I'll play with it to see if I see the same.

I'm thinking it has to do with that program since this below is how it looks by default for "Windows Administrative Tools".

Brink, Dec 30, 2017
  11. flupke01 Win User
    That's very interesting, I've always install my (free) alternative start-menu program (Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements) right away after installing windows, so I've never actually looked at the standard version, well, not thoroughly that is *Wink
    Now I think the administrative tools folder was indeed in my start-menu earlier, and that I caused the problem myself by moving it to a folder I named 'SYS' in my start-menu. I like to have a tidy start-menu. I've done that many times before, but this time all shortcuts in the control panel folder disappeared, as I wrote. Now, with your tutorial, I have all shortcuts back were they belong in the control panel folder, but cannot move or delete the new unwanted folder. Well, I explained all that before.

Hope you can understand my description, English is not my native language as I'm sure you've noticed *Wink And thanks for taking the effort of trying to help! O, and a happy new year!

flupke01, Dec 30, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    @flupke01,

Ok. After playing with it a bit, here's what I found.

The folder location below is what you see in the Control Panel -> Windows Administrative Tools.

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

Start menu -> Programs -> Windows Administrative Tools also shows you whats in the folder location above, so I'm not sure you can remove anything from this location without it being removed in both Start and Control Panel.

The folder location below will only show in Start menu -> Programs -> Windows Administrative Tools and not in the Control Panel.

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Default Administrative

2. Administrator Tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Tools: When I try to make changes to my computer, it does not allow me to as the error message says Would you like to make changes to this computer it only gives me the No option. How do I fix this issue? And it tells me to login as Administrator but it does not give me that option...
  3. Administrator Tools

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Tools: When I try to make changes to my computer, it does not allow me to as the error message says Would you like to make changes to this computer it only gives me the No option. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. Administrator Tools

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Tools: When I try to make changes to my computer, it does not allow me to as the error message says Would you like to make changes to this computer it only gives me the No option. How do I fix this issue?...
  5. Administrative Tools Windows 10 Issue

Administrative Tools Windows 10 Issue: I somehow have lost the ability to access my Administrative Tools from the Quick Access menu. My apps show up blank. When I search the folder, My shortcuts showing this. I have tried the sfc /scannow and it didn't work. [ATTACH]...
  6. Restore Administrator Account In Windows 10

Restore Administrator Account In Windows 10: Hi A few weeks ago I inadvertently changed my administrator account on my personal laptop when I added a Microsoft account.... now I have lost all administration rights on my laptop. How can I rectify this situation? Cheers...
  7. Administrative Tools

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrative Tools: Can I pin Administrative Tools to start menu? Using Win10-home 64, 1909 all updates since 3-12-20. 152209
  8. Windows 10 Administrator Tools.

Windows 10 Administrator Tools.: I am unable to find or open Admin Tools. Caption shows as Location not available. How can this be rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-administrator-tools/30229f0f-8a7f-4b8e-b3de-bc8d8b061991
  9. Restore default font in Windows 10

Restore default font in Windows 10: Hello, I updated my Microsoft applications, but somehow the downloading changed my default fonts. The font has turned very thin. How do I restore the font back to default settings? The support I found online all referred to "Font Settings" but when I go into the control...
  10. Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10: How to: Open Administrative Tools in Windows 10 [img] Information edition of Windows you are using. This tutorial will show you different ways for how to open Administrative Tools in Windows 10. [img] Note Some common administrative tools in this folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to restore administrative tools in win 10

2. Restore Default Administrative Tools in Windows 10

3. default administrative tools for windows 10

4. default administrative tools for windows 10 (home)