Windows 10: Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 remove folders and drives to be included in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10

How to: Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10

How to Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10

remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like.

Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default.

If you mistakenly delete any of the default libraries, Windows has made it easy to restore them.

This tutorial will show you how to restore deleted default libraries for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Libraries in File Explorer

Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open File Explorer (Win+E).

2. Right click or press and hold on Libraries in the navigation pane, and click/tap on Restore default libraries. (see screenshot below)

Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 17, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10

Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Jessen P Win User
    Windows 10 folders keep reappearing in the documents library

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

First open Windows explorer and then perform the following steps:

• Tap or click View, tap or click Navigation pane, then select
      Show libraries if it is not already selected.

• In the left pane, press and hold or right-click Libraries, then tap or click
      Restore default libraries.
    Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Rhina Vib Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Hi,

You can restore the default settings of your Pictures Library in Windows 10 by referring to the steps provided below:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Open Libraries.
    • Select the library you want to restore to default (example: Pictures).
    • Under Library Tools, select the Manage tab.
    • Click the Restore settings button.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards.

Rhina Vib, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10

1. Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Default Libraries

2. restoring default libraries with bad results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restoring default libraries with bad results: I find my computer has a plethora of confusing library folders and decide it's time to start over. I click "restore default libraries" and the results are still too numerous and clearly not the windows default at install time. Where or how are the default libraries set...
  3. Is there a way to have my custom Libraries shown with Windows 10 default Libraries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have my custom Libraries shown with Windows 10 default Libraries?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ewnr4f9be4e61.jpg?width=241&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8b3b83e386ff645281a4f171e3ef53f90d0daaa3 submitted by /u/goar101reddit [link] [comments]...
  4. How to restore default location of Library folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore default location of Library folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If Windows Library folders are not opening correctly, you can restore the default location of Library folders in Windows 10 with the help of this […] This article How to restore default location of Library folders in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  5. Default Library location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Library location: How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it...
  6. Restore default font in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore default font in Windows 10: Hello, I updated my Microsoft applications, but somehow the downloading changed my default fonts. The font has turned very thin. How do I restore the font back to default settings? The support I found online all referred to "Font Settings" but when I go into the control...
  7. Using libraries as default

in Windows 10 Support
    Using libraries as default: Hi all I have this laptop HP255G6 its been running okay. The documents photos are stored on an external ssd. Now I want to get it back to the default settings. Documents in the document folder on the internal ssd and so forth the photos back to the dfault on the internal ssd....
  8. Restore Default Themes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Themes in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Themes in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Themes in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the change themes as often as you like. The default...
  9. Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10 [img] Information default save location and public save location for the library. This tutorial will show you how to completely restore the default...
  10. Restore Default Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Services in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Services in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Services in Windows 10 A service is an application type that runs in the system background without a user interface and is similar to a UNIX daemon process. Services provide core operating system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Documents library privacy settingsDocuments library privacy settings