Windows 10: Restore Default Themes in Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Default Themes in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Restore Default Themes in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Themes in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can use themes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Restore Default Themes in Windows 10

How to: Restore Default Themes in Windows 10

How to Restore Default Themes in Windows 10

Restore Default Themes in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the change themes as often as you like.

The default themes included with Windows 10 are available to use by all users on the PC.

Windows 10 comes with these Windows default themes below included by default.
    • Windows
    • Windows 10
    • Flowers
    Windows 10 comes with these High Contrast themes below included by default.
    • High Contrast #1
    • High Contrast #2
    • High Contrast Black
    • High Contrast White
    This tutorial will show you how to restore any deleted or missing default themes in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be restore default themes.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Restore Windows Default Themes
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download a Default_Windows_themes.zip file.
    Download
    2. Save the Default_Windows_themes.zip to your desktop.

3. Unblock the Default_Windows_themes.zip.

4. Open the Default_Windows_themes.zip file. (see screenshot below)

5. Open the C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder in a separate File Explorer window. (see screenshot below)

6. Drag and drop any missing .themes you want from the Default_Windows_themes.zip into the C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder.
    [table][tr][td].theme File[/td] [td]Theme Name[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]aero.theme[/td] [td]Windows[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]theme1.theme[/td] [td]Windows 10[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]theme2.theme[/td] [td]Flowers[/td] [/tr] [/table]

7. Click/tap on Continue to approve. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Restore High Contrast Themes
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download a Default_High_Contrast_themes.zip file.
    Download
    2. Save the Default_High_Contrast_themes.zip to your desktop.

3. Unblock the Default_Windows_themes.zip.

4. Open the Default_High_Contrast_themes.zip file. (see screenshot below)

5. Open the C:\Windows\Resources\Ease of Access Themes folder in a separate File Explorer window. (see screenshot below)

6. Drag and drop any missing .themes you want from the Default_Windows_themes.zip into the C:\Windows\Resources\Ease of Access Themes folder.
    [table][tr][td].theme File[/td] [td]Theme Name[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]hc1.theme[/td] [td]High Contrast #1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]hc2.theme[/td] [td]High Contrast #2[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]hcblack.theme[/td] [td]High Contrast Black[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]hcwhite.theme[/td] [td]High Contrast White[/td] [/tr] [/table]

7. Click/tap on Continue to approve. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 1, 2017

2. Dyslexia: is there a customisable theme for windows 10?

Hi Emma,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with themes in Windows 10.

I suggest you to set the themes in Windows 10 to default and check if it helps.

Steps:

• From Desktop, right click and select Personalize.
    • In Personalization window, click on Themes
      in the left pane.
    • Click on Theme settings, select the Default themes
      and close the window.

If you are still not able to find suitable themes, I recommend you to use your favorite search engine to search for the suitable themes, download-install them and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Tesston Win User

Windows Theme always reverts to default

Hello guys I am encountering the same problem. What you have suggested is working but every time I restart or turn on my computer, it reverted the theme to "unsaved theme."

Tesston, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows Theme always reverts to default

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that setting different theme on Windows 10 goes to default after system wakes up. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow below steps to save the theme.

1. Right click on Desktop and select
    Personalize or press Windows key + I, navigate to
    Personalization >

Theme.

2. Under Theme, click on Save Theme
    option to save the theme you want to apply to the system and then set the theme, check if issue is resolved.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to create a new user account
    and check whether the theme settings don't change to default. Follow the steps in the below article to set up a new user account:

Create a user account

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Restore Default Themes in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Default Themes

2. Restore windows xp default theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore windows xp default theme: I recently found my old Windows XP laptop, which I would like to use to play my old games, I found a CD ROM that I used to win from Nintendo, it was special Game Cube themes with custom icons, I used to like this and now I don't anymore. wanted to put it back, to my surprise...
  3. Restore windows xp default theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore windows xp default theme: I recently found my old Windows XP laptop, which I would like to use to play my old games, I found a CD ROM that I used to win from Nintendo, it was special Game Cube themes with custom icons, I used to like this and now I don't anymore. wanted to put it back, to my surprise...
  4. How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...: I downloaded a new theme from the google play store. It's a dark mode theme and I don't like it after all. How do I get my Windows default themes back?...
  5. How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...: I downloaded a new theme from the google play store. It's a dark mode theme and I don't like it after all. How do I get my Windows default themes back?...
  6. RESTORING DEFAULT THEMES, COLORS IN WIN10 AND APPS

in Windows 10 Customization
    RESTORING DEFAULT THEMES, COLORS IN WIN10 AND APPS: Following a win10 update, all my three devices HP laptop, SP5 and SGO, reverted to dark theme and weird colors on the display and in the different apps, - Outlook2016, - OneNote2016 - Edge. Q: How to revert to default theme and colors, and how to stop synchronizing...
  7. Restore default desktop theme

Restore default desktop theme: I just upgraded to Win 1903, and my desktop theme changed. Hard on the eyes. Awful [img] I'd like to get this back, or a replacement that got that kind of "translucency", for lack of a better word, but no images 144938
  8. Restoring Windows Theme

Restoring Windows Theme: I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone else, but this is what happened with my computer. The handy windows key + for magnification purposes in the past magnified but it also resorted my screens for every app. to black background and basically orange highlights. I...
  9. Theme Suggestions? Closest thing to Windows 10 default theme?

Theme Suggestions? Closest thing to Windows 10 default theme?: Hello! I am trying to locate a windows 10 theme that actually mimics the default theme. (meaning looks like the original) I want this because I only want to make minor changes to the UI but pretty much want most of it to stay unchanged. Editing the default theme presents a...
  10. Windows 10 default blue theme

Windows 10 default blue theme: Hi, just started on a Windows 10 migration for a client. The client has previously used the Windows 10 Preview and really liked the 'blue' theme. The client doesn't really like the darkened black theme that now comes as default on Windows 10. Anyone know how to revert back to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore windows 10 themes

2. how to reset to default themes in win 10

3. reset win10 theme to defaULT

4. reset theme windows 10,
  5. how change window theme to default,
  6. reset color theme,
  7. reset windows 10 theme to default