Windows 10: Restore Folders

Discus and support Restore Folders in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When I select "Restore personal files" under Control Panel>System and Security>File History, the only files available are those in my Documents folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Pfoal, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Pfoal Win User

Restore Folders

When I select "Restore personal files" under Control Panel>System and Security>File History, the only files available are those in my Documents folder. The Music, Videos, Pictures and Downloads folders do not appear. I believe these are supposed to be backed up by default. Does anyone know what's going on?

:)

Pfoal, Apr 16, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

deleted folder restoration

Open your Recycle Bin on the desktop, right click the folder & choose Restore.

'Mike P, Apr 16, 2016
  3. deleted folder restoration

Sir,

Pls let me know the procedure for retrieving a deleted folder which was deleted accidentally.

Thanks

elvis coutinho

ELVISCOUTINHO, Apr 16, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Restore Folders

Hello and welcome to the TenForums!

Go into settings, update & security and select Backup. Under File History you can select More options and then check all the folders that are being backed up and add any that are missing.

Restore Folders [​IMG]

philc43, Apr 17, 2016
Thema:

Restore Folders

1. Restore Folders - Similar Threads - Restore Folders

2. My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these?: My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-automatically-updated-and-i-have-now/909ee5d6-3120-461c-8665-ba53531998fc"
  3. VssExpressWriter fails to add a folder non monitored files into restore point

VssExpressWriter fails to add a folder non monitored files into restore point: I'm trying to use VSS Express Writer to include all the files in specific folder in the restore point when it is conducted which are crucial for my app to run. Some of the files have extensions (mostly .txt) that is not automatically monitored (see...
  4. How do I restore Temp folder permissions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I restore Temp folder permissions: Hi! I have been experiencing some problems with my computer lately. After some research, I think I have found the root of the issue. My temp folder (the user temp folder, not the windows one) appears to have its permissions changed. I have seen all of the folders within...
  5. Restoring Pictures titles to original folder prior to a specific date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Pictures titles to original folder prior to a specific date: I was downloading photos from iphone to Windows 10 computer into my pictures folder. I thought I was downloading most recent pics and created a description for the new folder. What happened, it changed the name of all my pictures in the original folder to the new name. Is...
  6. File History corrupted - Need to restore lost folder

File History corrupted - Need to restore lost folder: Been having problems with File History going corrupted for quite some time. What I have been doing to fix it, is reselect the drive again after turning it off. When resected, it would work again for some amount of time. That fix no longer worked as it dropped a major...
  7. Restore Windows application folder icon

Restore Windows application folder icon: In Windows 10, I tried to change the icon of Groove Music then I searched the file with the icon... I went to "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.19031.11411.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets" then I deleted the folder "contrast-black" (I did a copy in the desktop...
  8. Restoring Program Files folder

Restoring Program Files folder: Hello, So if i were to uninstall a program via add or remove programs and then deleted the application folder that windows 10 leaves behind after uninstalling the application in the program files or the program files (x86) folder, would system restore revert those changes as...
  9. Windows 10 System Restore For Downloads Within Downloads Folder

Windows 10 System Restore For Downloads Within Downloads Folder: I ran a Disk Cleanup and it deleted ALL the files within the Downloads folder. If I do a System Restore, will that recover all the files previously deleted by Disk Cleanup? I just need the files that were within the Downloads folder. If this will not work, what is the best...
  10. Create User folder image and restore it

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create User folder image and restore it: I'm looking for a way to use DISM to create a backup of the User folder and be able to reapply that image back to the drive when needed. I have an image created but I can't get it to apply. I've used the instructions here to move the User folders to a non-SSD drive and would...