Windows 10: Restore Folders

Discus and support Restore Folders in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When I select "Restore personal files" under Control Panel>System and Security>File History, the only files available are those in my Documents folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Pfoal, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Pfoal Win User

Restore Folders

When I select "Restore personal files" under Control Panel>System and Security>File History, the only files available are those in my Documents folder. The Music, Videos, Pictures and Downloads folders do not appear. I believe these are supposed to be backed up by default. Does anyone know what's going on?

:)

Pfoal, Apr 16, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

deleted folder restoration

Open your Recycle Bin on the desktop, right click the folder & choose Restore.

'Mike P, Apr 16, 2016
  3. deleted folder restoration

Sir,

Pls let me know the procedure for retrieving a deleted folder which was deleted accidentally.

Thanks

elvis coutinho

ELVISCOUTINHO, Apr 16, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Restore Folders

Hello and welcome to the TenForums!

Go into settings, update & security and select Backup. Under File History you can select More options and then check all the folders that are being backed up and add any that are missing.

Restore Folders [​IMG]

philc43, Apr 17, 2016
Thema:

Restore Folders

1. Restore Folders - Similar Threads - Restore Folders

2. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...
  3. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...
  4. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?: My previous PC have problems with bios, I tried everything but didn’t work, or have a damaged hard disk and haven’t used it for two years so I can’t do a backup. I buy a new PC and want to restore all my folders, settings and apps but don’t know how to with a damaged PCIs...
  6. Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?

Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?: My previous PC have problems with bios, I tried everything but didn’t work, or have a damaged hard disk and haven’t used it for two years so I can’t do a backup. I buy a new PC and want to restore all my folders, settings and apps but don’t know how to with a damaged PCIs...
  7. Is there any way to restore my windows account with all my folders, etc in my new PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...: In Windows 11, I was not signed into One Drive, I did not want to use it to backup my Documents folder.I only discovered by accident that my documents folder was contained inside the One Drive Drive path. I attempted to restore defaults but that generated an error message....
  9. OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...

OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...: In Windows 11, I was not signed into One Drive, I did not want to use it to backup my Documents folder.I only discovered by accident that my documents folder was contained inside the One Drive Drive path. I attempted to restore defaults but that generated an error message....
  10. How to restore DOWNLOADS folder on Windows 11?

How to restore DOWNLOADS folder on Windows 11?: I deleted my Downloads folder by accident. Is there any way to get it back? The computer now created a random folder and is using it as a download folder. But is there any way to get the old one back with its files? Thanks,...