Windows 10: Restore Hidden Updates is empty > windows 10 pro upgrade gone

Discus and support Restore Hidden Updates is empty > windows 10 pro upgrade gone in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I don't want to upgrade yet so I chose to hide the windows 10 pro upgrade but it is now gone from the restore hidden update but it does show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Max Pen, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Max Pen Win User

Restore Hidden Updates is empty > windows 10 pro upgrade gone

So I don't want to upgrade yet so I chose to hide the windows 10 pro upgrade but it is now gone from the restore hidden update but it does show up listed but in the main panel as "1 optional update available" but I can't select it.

How do I fix this?

Also my hidden updates were many language packs and some other updates but they are all gone now. What the heck is going on here? *sarc

windows 10 really likes to mess things up if you don't proceed to upgrading to it...

That's 3 issues in a row I'm having.

:)

Max Pen, Aug 7, 2015
  2. esmithoh Win User

Recycle Bin won't restore URL shortcut

This is using the RTM Windows 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro.

I send a URL shortcut to the Recycle Bin and then want to select it and restore it. When I try to restore it, a windows comes up and wants me to select an app to open a URL file. It won't restore. I can have the recycle bin empty and it will be gone. The
    problem is I wanted to restore it and I get the message about wanting me to select an app to open it.

esmithoh, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Another missing wifi adapter problem after installing Windows 10

First, yes I have SCOURED every post looking for a solution. Most don't apply to my problem, those that are close, don't resolve it. I have a Dell Latitude e6510 that had great wireless functionality BEFORE I updated the OS from Windows 7 Pro to Windows
    10 Pro. After installing Win10 the adapter is gone. Not physically gone, but no where to be found in the system. I tried rolling back to Windows 7, but the adapter was still gone. I've downloaded and restored the chipsets and network adapters from Dell, still
    gone. No help from Dell, I can't find any adapter installation software there. No help from Intel, installed the latest PROset but nothing. Not there, gone, gone gone. I even did the Intel assistant thing, it tells me there are no updated needed. Of course
    not, the adapter is GONE.

It's not hidden.

I can't uninstall and reinstall because it's NOT THERE

I can't change any power settings because it's NOT THERE

I can't do any of the "solutions" because it's NOT THERE

I have done a couple clean installs of both Windows 7 and Windows 10, not an upgrade. Of course this means any existing drivers were wiped, as well as the 'restore' partition. I know it's an older laptop but what the heck? I'd be OK with going back to Win7,
    but even there the adapter is missing. HELP!

farmall.dude, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Restore Hidden Updates is empty > windows 10 pro upgrade gone

1. Restore Hidden Updates is empty > windows 10 pro upgrade gone - Similar Threads - Restore Hidden Updates

2. Bluetooth is gone and is in hidden devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is gone and is in hidden devices: Hey the Bluetooth is gone and is in hidden devices. last time the solution was uninstalling an unknown USB device but when I do it know it keeps coming back what do I do?...
  3. Bluetooth is gone and is in hidden devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is gone and is in hidden devices: Hey the Bluetooth is gone and is in hidden devices. last time the solution was uninstalling an unknown USB device but when I do it know it keeps coming back what do I do?...
  4. Bluetooth is gone and is in hidden devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. settings are gone and taskbar is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings are gone and taskbar is empty: This morning when I started up my computer, the taskbar was empty. so then I tried to go to settings but found out that settings wasn't on my computer anymore. I can't fix it because the taskbar is still empty after restarting my computer multiple times....
  6. settings are gone and taskbar is empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings are gone and taskbar is empty: This morning when I started up my computer, the taskbar was empty. so then I tried to go to settings but found out that settings wasn't on my computer anymore. I can't fix it because the taskbar is still empty after restarting my computer multiple times....
  7. windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update: I was having issues with my laptop, which was purchased Sept 2019. Product is an MSI Modern 14, purchased from neweggbusiness. I purchased the product with windows 10 pro preinstalled. When the BIOS was updated, it began running Windows 10 Home edition. I contacted MSI as...
  8. Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Gone Wrong

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Gone Wrong: Upgrade edition of Windows via the Windows store to Pro. Got a confirmation email with no activation key. Windows will not activate. I've done no hardware changes or re-installs, this is just a version upgrade. I did notice Windows thinks it's running the Enterprise...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Update Notifications Gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Update Notifications Gone: A long time ago I followed some instructions using gpedit.msc so that I was always asked before updating as I didn't want an update to interrupt me mid work without warning. It was great, even though I pretty much got a notification to update my virus protection every time...
  10. Start empty and store gone after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start empty and store gone after update: Hello all, I updated the newest windows 10 update. (KB3147458) Now my start menu icons are gone, and store is also gone.. Anyone else with that problem? 47284