Windows 10: Restore my pc

Discus and support Restore my pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to restore my pc with delete all files and clean. I keep getting an error message with no error code. Also when I try to restore to previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lezboo, Feb 27, 2018.

1. lezboo Win User

Restore my pc

When I try to restore my pc with delete all files and clean. I keep getting an error message with no error code. Also when I try to restore to previous date. I get an error. How can I fix this. Lez

:)

lezboo, Feb 27, 2018
  2. asheryl Win User

Restore my pc

Thanks for that information. I did run Malwarebytes and it got rid of the malware I installed and I'll look into AdWcleaner. I was a little disappointed that Windows Defender didn't block the Malware. It did block 2 files but it missed a search engine
    program that changed my homepage and default search engine so I installed Malwarebytes and it said I had almost 200 infections.

asheryl, Feb 27, 2018
  3. Restore my pc

If you haven't wiped your hard drive yet, don't do it.

Running
    Malwarebytes
    and
    ADWcleaner
    gets rid of 99% of all known malware.

If you do choose to re-install everything, Microsoft's activation server knows about your machine and will automatically activate again as long as the major configuration hasn't changed. Just remember to take the option to
    SKIP entering the key code..

Mike Hall... always, Feb 27, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Restore my pc

Hi, it sounds like you'd be happy to do a clean install - which needs no license key.

1. Check your disk - e.g. Hard Disk Sentinel (trial), HD Tune, Crystal Diskinfo (also portable version).
    2. If ok, follow these:
    Download Windows 10 ISO File Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Feb 27, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    in addition, a clean install won't keep user files. Make sure you back them up first.

6. lezboo Win User
    I did what you said all the option. They start out find but end up with error. Error #0x8007007e
    I don't know what else to do.

lezboo, Feb 27, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    Were you trying to do a clean install or trying to upgrade the existing system? The 0x8007007e error in normally only see in an upgrade.

If you were indeed doing a clean install, try again but this time untick the option to 'check for updates (recommended)'.

8. lezboo Win User

Restore my pc

I was trying to do both. I was hoping the clean install would fix the error message when updating. But I can’t do either one. Is there a solution to the error message.

lezboo, Feb 27, 2018
  9. lezboo Win User
    Try to install without updates. Still failed

lezboo, Feb 28, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
    There are a number of possible causes for your 0x8007007e error. One is having another AV installed, but that's obviously not the problem if you are doing a clean install. Another is a corrupt ntfs file system, and that could be a problem if you are doing the clean install to an existing partition.

A way round that is, when Setup asks you where to install Windows, to first select the partition and delete it. In fact, you could delete all the partitions (I'm assuming any data you want to keep has already been backed up) to leave the whole drive as unallocated space. The select that as where to install Windows. This way Setup will partition and format the drive before installing.

Restore my pc [​IMG]

Clean Install Windows 10

If it still fails, the drive may be failing. Hard Disk Sentinel and CrystalDisk Info are useful tools for investigating that possibility.

11. lezboo Win User
    How do you get to that partition screen. I don’t remember it asking me that

lezboo, Feb 28, 2018
  12. Bree New Member
    You boot from the install media made by the Media Creation Tool. On the screen after the 'accept the licence terms' screen, select 'Custom Install'.

For more info, see the tutorial: Clean Install Windows 10

13. lezboo Win User

Restore my pc

There was no custom install. It said upgrade now or to a flash drive or dvd. It you say flash drive it gives you the drive. You can’t put in drive you want

lezboo, Feb 28, 2018
  14. Bree New Member
    That sounds like you are running the Media Creation Tool. The MCT is not the install media, its the tool for making the install media.

You need to run the MCT, choose 'make media for another PC' and make the install media on a usb flash drive. Read this tutorial to tell you how....
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

When you have made the media you boot from that to perform the install.

15. lezboo Win User
    Yea I did that. I save it to a flash drive and try to install it start but it still crash and said error

lezboo, Mar 1, 2018
Thema:

Restore my pc

1. Restore my pc - Similar Threads - Restore

2. How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?: I need to know how do I restore the task view button on my laptop, and also the calendar on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-the-task-bar-button-in-windows/be2347f2-212b-4c01-962d-3b6871173b8f
  3. How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore the task bar button in windows 11home?: I need to know how do I restore the task view button on my laptop, and also the calendar on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-the-task-bar-button-in-windows/be2347f2-212b-4c01-962d-3b6871173b8f
  4. Getting error code 0x80071ab0 when trying to restore PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error code 0x80071ab0 when trying to restore PC: I am running Windows 11 Home insider build and i need to restore my pc but i get error code 0x80071ab0 when i try to restore it. It seems like it restored but when i log into the pc it shows me this error. How can i fix it?...
  5. Getting error code 0x80071ab0 when trying to restore PC

Getting error code 0x80071ab0 when trying to restore PC: I am running Windows 11 Home insider build and i need to restore my pc but i get error code 0x80071ab0 when i try to restore it. It seems like it restored but when i log into the pc it shows me this error. How can i fix it?...
  6. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  7. I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...

I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than...: I have lost two years of Onedrive files. Restore has not helped me. Only files older than two years or so are being shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-two-years-of-onedrive-files-restore/a3b5d3d7-f902-489b-ba53-c8a3a1eb3c80
  8. Restoring restored items back to the bin if there's an easy way?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring restored items back to the bin if there's an easy way?: I accidentally restored a couple of hundred deleted files from the bin when I meant to restore just 1. Apart from quitting the program which I have, is there an easy way to find them and delete them again before google drive reuploads them? Otherwise I'll just go through the...
  9. Restoring restored items back to the bin if there's an easy way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring restored items back to the bin if there's an easy way?: I accidentally restored a couple of hundred deleted files from the bin when I meant to restore just 1. Apart from quitting the program which I have, is there an easy way to find them and delete them again before google drive reuploads them? Otherwise I'll just go through the...
  10. Restoring restored items back to the bin if there's an easy way?